The Student Room Group

Do guys find it weird when girls make the first move?

There's a new guy at my school and I'd really love to talk to him because he seems really lovely and smart. I've only walked past him a couple of times and we've never spoken face to face, but his Facebook page has been suggested to me and I kind of want to add him. I just don't want him to think I'm weird for going to all the trouble to find him and make the first move, help please?
I'd think it was a good thing.
Unusual, yes, but weird? No.
Making the first move might even help you out as he'll probably think more highly of you.
You got nothing to lose, so just do it.
Reply 2
Nope. Girls need to start doing it far more often. Confidence is hot.

All in all, go for it!

/thread.
Nope, wouldn't bother me at all.
Original post by Anonymous
There's a new guy at my school and I'd really love to talk to him because he seems really lovely and smart. I've only walked past him a couple of times and we've never spoken face to face, but his Facebook page has been suggested to me and I kind of want to add him. I just don't want him to think I'm weird for going to all the trouble to find him and make the first move, help please?

Why would he think it's "weird"?
Reply 5
Original post by Smack
Why would he think it's "weird"?

He doesn't strike me as girl-orientated anyway, but because it looks like I've tracked down his name and Facebook etc when I've only seen him from across a room
Reply 6
Original post by Danz123
Nope. Girls need to start doing it far more often. Confidence is hot.

All in all, go for it!

/thread.

You're sure it wouldn't put him off? I'm also worried that if I go ahead with it before we've spoken in person, he might feel awkward which means we'll never speak if that makes sense?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
You're sure it wouldn't put him off? I'm also worried that if I go ahead with it before we've spoken in person, he might feel awkward which means we'll never speak if that makes sense?

Nah, just go for it. Trust me, you'll be happy that you did, and he WILL like it. Just casually ask him out for a drink or dinner, and act interested but not obssessive. Confidence is very attractive to both sexes, and making it clear you like him will just be good all round tbh, for you as well as him. :smile:

Edit: if he does bring up the facebook thing, just say you've seen him around and saw his name suggested to you. Even in the slim possibility he says no, gaining the courage to ask out guys will get easier once you've done it enough times.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
In a east European country (can't remember) women tend to approach men first.
Do it! it's only Facebook.
I suggest you go ahead. Personally I'd be impressed and flattered.
nope.
I would want a guy to make the first move. Personally I am a pretty shy person and making the first move isn't something I want to do. If a guy did it I'd find it so sweet. I guess in a way you could make the first move and make it a bit different. You said he is new, from personal experience maybe you should let him settle in for a little and not bombard him with all this. Get to know him and be friendly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending