The Student Room Group

High predicted grades higher offers?

I have been predicted A*A*A* at a level due to my AS results, however I believe I will only achieve A*AA-AAB so will apply to universities with entry requirements of A*AA, AAA and AAB as a back up. It's been suggested to me that universities will give me offers that are higher than the usual entry requirements due to my predicted grades. Is this true and should i ask my teachers to drop my predicted grade?
Reply 1
Dont set your aims low. Your teachers believe in you, now its time for you to do the same.
Original post by tjabz
Dont set your aims low. Your teachers believe in you, now its time for you to do the same.

I am still worried that uni's will give me offers with higher grades than the normal entry requirements? Seems unfair
what did u get in AS?
Original post by kidcalledalex
I am still worried that uni's will give me offers with higher grades than the normal entry requirements? Seems unfair

Choose 2 really good unis, 2 good unis and 1 decent uni. If you're doing medicine choose 2 really good and 2 good unis. Don't aim lower than A*A*A! Im sure you can do it! Your grades and predicted grades are amazing. Call some unis if you want to find out whether they'll increase the requirements for you :smile: good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very unlikely, last year there was only one instance of it occuring I believe (and that probably had more to do with the uni being over-applied to). You'll get offered the uni's standard offer if they accept you.
Reply 6

Im worried about this too, but I dont think they will raise it to three A*s thats ridiculous.

If your are worried, email the university and ask them if they would raise the offer.
Original post by jonnypdot
what did u get in AS?

3 A's 290/300 268/300 and 186/200
I have been predicted A*A*A* at a level due to my AS results, however I believe I will only achieve A*AA-AAB so will apply to universities with entry requirements of A*AA, AAA and AAB as a back up. It's been suggested to me that universities will give me offers that are higher than the usual entry requirements due to my predicted grades. Is this true and should i ask my teachers to drop my predicted grade?

Cambridge occasionally give extra-difficult offers, but elsewhere if it almost unheard of. Applying with A*A*A* predictions will just make you an extremely strong candidate. Why do you think you might 'fail' to live up to your teachers' expectations?
I am not looking to apply to Oxbridge. This is because I am quite far behind on A2 work and am finding the jump from AS to A2 greater than GCSE to AS, especially in physics!
Original post by ageshallnot
Cambridge occasionally give extra-difficult offers, but elsewhere if it almost unheard of. Applying with A*A*A* predictions will just make you an extremely strong candidate. Why do you think you might 'fail' to live up to your teachers' expectations?
I got 4 A's at AS (maths, physics, chemistry and product design) and I'm predicted 4A*'s at A2 (it's a tall order, I know). Do your predicted grades actually affect your offers? My teachers seem to have differing opinions :/
I am not looking to apply to Oxbridge. This is because I am quite far behind on A2 work and am finding the jump from AS to A2 greater than GCSE to AS, especially in physics!

Did you only do 3 AS and only aim for A*AA or higher unis but have one back up
Original post by tjabz

rah, since when was Drake on TSR?
Also geography AS which I got a C in
Original post by jonnypdot
Did you only do 3 AS and only aim for A*AA or higher unis but have one back up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending