The Student Room Group

A hopeless romantic here...

Hey all!

I'm a hopeless romantic living in the modern world of hooking up, which is hell. I'm also an 'old soul', which doesn't seem to help me much, to be honest. So, my question is this; Is there actually any real hope in finding someone else who is a romantic?

Have a nice day, y'all!
Reply 1
Original post by TheArch
Hey all!

I'm a hopeless romantic living in the modern world of hooking up, which is hell. I'm also an 'old soul', which doesn't seem to help me much, to be honest. So, my question is this; Is there actually any real hope in finding someone else who is a romantic?

Have a nice day, y'all!

Hay, how are you??
I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one in the world suffering from this because to be honest i have a similar problem. You look around and all you can see are one night stands and not true relationships; but if you look hard enough you will find that true romantic you are looking for you just need to have faith and not give up.
So in answer to your question; yes, there is hope and there will always be hope as long as you believe there is.
Reply 2
Original post by ebladon
Hay, how are you??
I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one in the world suffering from this because to be honest i have a similar problem. You look around and all you can see are one night stands and not true relationships; but if you look hard enough you will find that true romantic you are looking for you just need to have faith and not give up.
So in answer to your question; yes, there is hope and there will always be hope as long as you believe there is.

I'm not bad, cheers! Been very thoughtful lately.
And yeah, I know how that feels. Relationships just seem so meaningless nowadays. No romance or actual connection. Or to my eyes, anyway. I may be wrong, of course. Well, at least I'm not alone!
And thanks, you're right. I guess I just have to live with my trait and keep looking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by TheArch
I'm not bad, cheers! Been very thoughtful lately.
And yeah, I know how that feels. Relationships just seem so meaningless nowadays. No romance or actual connection. Or to my eyes, anyway. I may be wrong, of course. Well, at least I'm not alone!
And thanks, you're right. I guess I just have to live with my trait and keep looking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope you find that one person you can have a connection with. Good look
Cheer up, honey!

I met my boyfriend at a dance, (part of me I knew after that first dance that this was the man I would spend the rest of my life with) we swapped contact details, talked for a couple of weeks, then went on a date and we had known each other for months before we kissed. He always says that we were "courting" rather than dating.

He takes me for romantic walks, thinks up the most thoughtful christmas/birthday presents for me, and whilst he has a cheeky/fun site, he is the consummate gentleman and we are very much in love.

These gems do exist, they just take some time to find! :smile:
Unfortunately, I think that there are far more romantic women than men! :/
Original post by TheArch
Hey all!

Have a nice day, y'all!

What do you mean by hopeless romantic and 'old soul'?

I am old like 315 years old. :biggrin:
I'm romantic and I do pretty well tbh
I am, know exactly what you mean. All this no strings attached, friends with benefits etc etc. people have always done it but now it's socially acceptable and somehow fashionable.

You're definitely not alone, hopefully we will find someone special!
yes, i like to think there is a good chance of meeting someone like minded at some point in life. How? i have no idea... :smile:
Its hard though, if your not a huge extrovert its really hard to get to know new people anyway

All these millions of people in cities living just a few miles apart yet we can still feel alone, modern life eh :rolleyes:
Reply 10
I am most definitely, 100% a romantic. :smile:
slutty women ruin it for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending