The Student Room Group

Germany wants Facebook to remove posts that contain incitement to hatred

Scroll to see replies

It says 'abusive' and 'racist' content, not 'criticism'. It's the same as all those hate speech laws.
Original post by Ace123
Germany want to prosecute people who criticise immigration or make anti immigrant comments on social media.

The end of free speech? Is free speech being criminalised so people can't speak out against immigration? no one dare criticise the multiculturalism or immigration or be prosecuted, sounds like politically correct Nazi's

http://www.dw.com/en/facebook-must-ban-abusive-content-says-german-justice-minister-maas/a-18676705

*scoff* sounds too good to be true!

And he looks like Joseph Gordon Levitt lol
Original post by Foo.mp3
Probably better right-wing Germans vent on social media than get gagged/criminalised and then band together and head out onto the streets I'd have thought.. :beard:

Who's to say the former won't lead to the latter.
Original post by Ace123
Germany want to prosecute people who criticise immigration or make anti immigrant comments on social media.

The end of free speech? Is free speech being criminalised so people can't speak out against immigration? no one dare criticise the multiculturalism or immigration or be prosecuted, sounds like politically correct Nazi's

http://www.dw.com/en/facebook-must-ban-abusive-content-says-german-justice-minister-maas/a-18676705

when they say "prosecute" they're really gonna do this:

Original post by Sweet n Sour
*scoff* sounds too good to be true!

And he looks like Joseph Gordon Levitt lol

He kinda of does to be honent, dam!
Original post by Foo.mp3
Who indeed. What we can say, however, is that the later seems less likely if you make 'the people' think the have a voice/their concerns are heard :beard:

"No one listens to us on Twitter. Let's burn the place down." I don't think that's what's going on here...
Original post by Foo.mp3
Fair point but hey, at least they're signposting themselves for the authorities :smile:

Spoiler

"they mouths?" You can say "their" when speaking to me, it's okay. Don't be condescending.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I employ a mixed (random) vernacular, relax fool! :cool:

Spoiler

Interesting. And can I guess there's some woman out here who finds you charming or am I way off?
Original post by Foo.mp3
The odd one or two, do, aye, although it verily beats me, quite, why :u:

Alas, we have something in common then. Profesh is funnier.
Oh the big boy of Europe has spoken !
Original post by Foo.mp3
Alas? Commonality is a source for much rejoicing, my sweet :yeah:

He has his comedic moments for sure, and is good value (TSR would be that bit more mundane in the absence of characters of his ilk) but not really my type.. :redface:

As for me, FYI: I don't really try to be funny/funnier than others, here - mostly just self-amuse a la IDGAF e.g. in fairly deliberately puerile/self-lampooning ways ('dad humour'/deliberately tame puns) :h:

P.S. I'm not sure tagging a man of his not inconsiderable (social) intellect in such a brown nosing post is quite the way to curry favour e.g. as a would-be 'equal'

He was flattered, no worries :h:
What is it with Ace23 seriously every one of his posts has a headline that doesn't match the article he links to.

Headline: Germany to prosecute anyone who criticises immigration on social media.
Actual article: German justice minister calls for meeting with Facebook leaders asking them to better enforce their own rules on removing abusive content, warning them that many posts contain comments that constitute the criminal offence of incitement to hatred.

It's entirely reasonable for him to say that.

What about if a British minister had called on facebook to better regulate users on here posting incitement to commit violence against the British state....Ace23 headline "UK to prosecute anybody that criticises government"
Original post by Foo.mp3
No doubt. Point still stands, and is worth bearing in mind in future - supposing 'subordinate' isn't your favourite flavour :borat:

My favourite flavour is anything with peanuts :h:
My favourite flavour is anything with peanuts :h:

you like nuts eh.
Original post by Bill_Gates
you like nuts eh.

*sighs*
*sighs*

Nuts = mobile! :wink:
He was flattered, no worries :h:

Indeed. Besides which, it accentuates your complexion beautifully.
Original post by Foo.mp3
If you want a guy to be nuts about you then you'd do well to heed my advice kid :flutter:

Don't call me kid, I'm an adult, and I don't need your advice in anything for anything. Who do you think you are? Probably projecting massive insecurities, or simply lonely enough to think of such things. *blocks*
Original post by Profesh
Indeed. Besides which, it accentuates your complexion beautifully.

He's mean to me. *hides behind you* :popout:
He's mean to me. *hides behind you* :popout:

He's essentially harmless. (Well, unless your username happens to rhyme with 'green-pea'.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending