The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karl pilkington
As a man I never get laid or have had a girlfriend? Partly because I am an introvert and recluse but mostly because women don't like me or show interest in me.

This isn't a women issue, people are nasty in general. You should basically wait it out. Promise you; get a good degree, get a good job, achieve high status and you will find women wanting you. For now you probably have a low status, men with low social skills have pretty poor status tbh.

Life is about more than girls, trust me coming from someone a bit older who has seen the cruel side of people; both men and women i'll reassure you of that. Focus on where you want to be in 10 years, not on women or any other people (really)

People on this thread condemning the OP; that's in bad taste. He's a human being after all; pay attention to how he feels. Just because he's a man doesn't mean his feelings doesn't matter.

Women could be nasty for several reasons, all of which don't matter. The truth is you will find one, someday that will love you for who you are and when you find her you wont give a damn about anyone else will you?

Just wait it out, take it on the chin and realize, anyone who is nasty for no reason is probably suffering a lot inside. It says more about them, then it does of you.

Again; focus on yourself, build your life, it's your blank canvas, don't waste it chasing women like I and many other did. Get on with life and I promise you before you know it you'll meet the woman of your dreams, no matter what you look like, what your height is or any of the other elitist crap people spew these days about what "a man needs to be like".

Girls are just as physically and economically demanding and picky as men if not more. This is a fact of life but not one you have to suffer from if you detach yourself from the dating game and wait to meet the perfect women, forget dating sites or tinder because these tools only work for women. Just build your life and wait for someone to come along and see the beauty that lies in you, trust me, someone will see it

Hope that helps
As a man I never get laid or have had a girlfriend? Partly because I am an introvert and recluse but mostly because women don't like me or show interest in me.

women don't come to you, you have to go to them. if they think your suitable they'll F*ck you. don't be bitter they're rejecting you. try and appear more desirable. more alpha. less desperate for sex. girls are picky aka they want a challenge.

dont get bitter, like I said, because it will only make pulling girls more difficult.
Maybe you need to take steps to venture out of your shell a little bit, being an introverted recluse will make it hard for you to meet decent women. Try not to let the negativity get to you, not all women are the same. With some time and changes, you may meet one that changes your mind about women and curb your misogynistic outlook :smile:
Original post by drowzee
"I AM ENTITLED TO SEX BUT NO WOMAN WILL NOT HAVE SEX WITH ME!" Good thing you outed yourself op and I hope women stay away from you.

Drowzee, that was a double negative... Your dramatization of the OP has backfired because "no woman will not have sex with me" = "every woman will have sex with me". :lol:
Original post by Danz123
Drowzee, that was a double negative... Your dramatization of the OP has backfired because "no woman will not have sex with me" = "every woman will have sex with me". :lol:

I know, I am so ashamed. :facepalm:I was just so angry and I just wasn't thinking. It made sense in my head. Oh god. :redface:
Original post by drowzee
I know, I am so ashamed. :facepalm:I was just so angry and I just wasn't thinking. It made sense in my head. Oh god. :redface:

Lol don't feel too bad. We all make mistakes. XD

Anyways, seems as though since the OP is self-aware and has made this thread, he's at least trying to change for the better. At least give him that. I think, like Miser said, trying to give the guy advice and to really make him realise not all women are the same may have some positive effect. Insults probably won't, even if he deserves them for being an self-declared misogynist.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by drowzee

Why were you angry Drowzee, also why you no repli to my message
Just because I kind of resent them I still find them beautiful and know I can't be happy without being in a relationship. I could never be gay or alone and pretend I was happy. Also I don't mean just sex although that is part of it but kind of spending time with a girl in a romantic way. Obviously I am to some extent a hypocrite if the girl was too fat or ugly then I wouldn't feel enough for them but wouldn't be nasty and rude to them. I would never dream of just ignoring them or acting all tired or pissed off if they tried to speak to me. So I am also not a hypocrite in that sense.
Reply 28
This attitude isn't going to move things forward if you want to find a girl and get your oats. Get some advice and help on your shyness. Ignore spiteful people and make an effort to be friendly with girls of a range of attractiveness. There is someone for everyone if you put the effort in.
Original post by TheMaster102
Why were you angry Drowzee, also why you no repli to my message

I'm so sorry, I don't even realise when I get visitor message sometimes. It just gets lost in my notifications. :s-smilie:

Original post by Danz123
Lol don't feel too bad. We all make mistakes. XD

Anyways, seems as though since the OP is self-aware and has made this thread, he's at least trying to change for the better. At least give him that. I think, like Miser said, trying to give the guy advice and to really make him realise not all women are the same may have some positive effect. Insults probably won't, even if he deserves them for being an self-declared misogynist.

We all mistakes, but then I am always pointing out errors all the time. It's hypocritical of me. :redface:
I guess... :erm: I just have little sympathy for him. I saw misogynistic and never get laid and my face literally turned to this --> :colonhash:
at school they did a £50 bet to kiss me on my sixth form ball also women can be very bitchy even if you just try and make polite conversation

Never judge a whole gender based on an experience you had in high school. It's incredibly illogical and will get you nowhere.
High school breads bullying, mean behaviour, cliques and bitchiness. It is much less pronounced in the real world.

If you are seriously experiencing rude behaviour from every woman you talk to...I think you need to start looking at yourself as you're the common denominator. You could be approaching them in an inappropriate way or bothering them when they don't want to be bothered. These are things you can learn, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions if this is the case. Another possibility is you are only attracting or being attracted to dominating and bitchy women, this is somewhat likely if you have low self esteem and come off as meek. Those kinds of women (not all women, so get that out of your head right now) feed off that. Also how can you expect women to take interest if you're a recluse? That is also ridiculously illogical.

Stop blaming an entire gender for your downfalls.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
Never judge a whole gender based on an experience you had in high school. It's incredibly illogical and will get you nowhere.
High school breads bullying, mean behaviour, cliques and bitchiness. It is much less pronounced in the real world.

If you are seriously experiencing rude behaviour from every woman you talk to...I think you need to start looking at yourself as you're the common denominator. You could be approaching them in an inappropriate way or bothering them when they don't want to be bothered. These are things you can learn, but you have to take responsibility for your own actions if this is the case. Another possibility is you are only attracting or being attracted to dominating and bitchy women, this is somewhat likely if you have low self esteem and come off as meek. Those kinds of women (not all women, so get that out of your head right now) feed off that. Also how can you expect women to take interest if you're a recluse? That is also ridiculously illogical.

Stop blaming an entire gender for your downfalls.

no not all woman are rude obviously but then inevitably you start to put your guard up more around them
no not all woman are rude obviously but then inevitably you start to put your guard up more around them

Which isn't helping. You basically kicking yourself down the rabbit hole. So stop it, and like I said take responsibility for yourself.
Original post by miser
There seems to be quite a radical dichotomy between men who say they don't get any romantic attention versus women who say that. It typically appears to be that the man is blamed and chastised, even insulted (as in this thread), and treated as if they are at fault and the prime author of their own circumstances, whereas women are treated compassionately and encouraged with more empathy.

I don't really understand why that is, but I think if someone has the stones to say how his misfortune with women has affected his view of them, people ought to bring a similar level of conscientiousness to the table instead of lazily throwing insults or generalisations at him.

Can't say I've noticed the same, the top response to the women's threads I've noticed is "you're not attractive enough" or "your standards are too high" vast majority of the time.

I agree, fair enough to him for being honest. But I won't pretend his way of dealing with it isn't ridiculous and making the situation worse for himself.
Reply 34
Original post by SophieSmall
Can't say I've noticed the same, the top response to the women's threads I've noticed is "you're not attractive enough" or "your standards are too high" vast majority of the time.
I have seen those responses as well, but still in general in the threads I've seen, I think women have been treated more empathetically than men.
Original post by miser
I have seen those responses as well, but still in general in the threads I've seen, I think women have been treated more empathetically than men.

I don't know, can't say I've noticed that at all.
I know I personally treat both the same when you get someone chastising a whole gender. I tell them to stop blaming other people and sort themselves out.
Original post by drowzee
I'm so sorry, I don't even realise when I get visitor message sometimes. It just gets lost in my notifications. :s-smilie:

We all mistakes, but then I am always pointing out errors all the time. It's hypocritical of me. :redface:
I guess... :erm: I just have little sympathy for him. I saw misogynistic and never get laid and my face literally turned to this --> :colonhash:

well promise not to point out any errors I make then. :tongue:

Yeah but the context of the entire post taken in conjunction with the title is important. His post sounds more like "due to my experiences with women, I have started to become bitter and resent them a little, how do I stop these irrational feelings?" Just seeing the words 'misogynist' and 'never gets laid' shouldn't make you think 'grrrr *angry typing*; as tempting as it is it won't solve anything. If OP wasn't willing to change, THEN you can get into your battle stance because at that point nothing can be done. xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
You are not entitled to have any girl like you even if it's agonising for you that you get no attention, and therefore have no justification in having misognynistic views of women.

If you're not good looking then you won't get attention, you have to make up for it by making yourself more attractive in other ways and you have to approach them if you're not doing so, they expect guys to approach them. You need to stop being bitter and change yourself.
(edited 8 years ago)

Recluse? :redface:

And maybe it's because you like Karl Pilkington. And who knows, probably too much...
Original post by drowzee
"I AM ENTITLED TO SEX BUT NO WOMAN WILL NOT HAVE SEX WITH ME!" Good thing you outed yourself op and I hope women stay away from you.

Everyone is entitled to sex. Men ought to be able to expect that some women will want to have sex with them. Unfortunately city living and online dating have made women more hypergamous: they perceive themselves to be in similar social circles to literally the hottest guy in 100,000 people in a city and reject 99,999 men, as it were, holding out for that one guy.

I think your response is really horrible and bitchy to be honest, you clearly don't understand how it is being your average bloke who even if he isn't ignored forever will never blow a woman away

Latest

Trending

Trending