The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lustawny

totally agree!:biggrin: Matt Smith was awful imo

David was by far the best :h::heart:
Actually i really loved Matt Smith after a few episodes. I rather think that he was let down by Rory joining (can't stand these tag along characters) and the series moving towards drama rather than a fun jolly across time and space.

I'd have liked to see he and victorian Clara but the writers ruined that and he's left.
Original post by Rakas21
Actually i really loved Matt Smith after a few episodes. I rather think that he was let down by Rory joining (can't stand these tag along characters) and the series moving towards drama rather than a fun jolly across time and space.

I'd have liked to see he and victorian Clara but the writers ruined that and he's left.

I was hoping Oswin would be the companion (someone on his level intellectually but that would have been like having two Doctors) but I suppose it was a well played twist at the end of that episode. I do think the whole 'Impossible Girl' thing was a bit bloated (and they still never explained how they escaped the Doctor's time stream) and the whole Danny thing ended quite poorly.
Original post by Rakas21
Interesting prequel. It's a shame studios can't keep secrets any more though, we all know who is being discussed - don't mention as we may have people who don't know.

Spoiler

Nice spoilers...
Got a DW game thread running here, if anyone is interested :h:
Original post by shadowdweller
Got a DW game thread running here, if anyone is interested :h:

Everyone should play it imo, it is the most awesome game onTSR :h:

thank you shadowdweller for making a game as good as Blink :biggrin:
:timewarp:i think everyone should time travel over there right now :biggrin:
I just re-watched The Time of the Doctor and yes, I really, really miss Matt Smith. He was the Doctor I would have liked to travel with. I find his final episode so sad, the music especially was gorgeous. That was also the last time I liked Clara, I found her so boring and not as pretty or fashionable after that. :sad:

I just think Matt was a tremendous actor overall. Miss you, 11. :cry2:
Reply 4547
Original post by Rakas21
Interesting prequel. It's a shame studios can't keep secrets any more though, we all know who is being discussed - don't mention as we may have people who don't know.

can you please edit this post and put the info in spoiler tags.
I had managed to avoid this information.

It would be really nice if people would stick to the rules. It's even in the title of the thread :sad:
Original post by Aula
can you please edit this post and put the info in spoiler tags.
I had managed to avoid this information.

It would be really nice if people would stick to the rules. It's even in the title of the thread :sad:

:ditto: I feel spoilt.. :sad:
Reply 4549
Original post by CoolCavy
totally agree!:biggrin: Matt Smith was awful imo

David was by far the best :h::heart:

I Strongly disagree

9th is my favourite, then 11th, then 12th, then 10th (yep 10th is awful)
Reply 4550

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by L116
I Strongly disagree

9th is my favourite, then 11th, then 12th, then 10th (yep 10th is awful)

lol that's ok we can agree to disagree :h:

but 10 was so hot tho...:u::colondollar:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4553
Original post by littlenorthernlass
I just re-watched The Time of the Doctor and yes, I really, really miss Matt Smith. He was the Doctor I would have liked to travel with. I find his final episode so sad, the music especially was gorgeous. That was also the last time I liked Clara, I found her so boring and not as pretty or fashionable after that. :sad:

I just think Matt was a tremendous actor overall. Miss you, 11. :cry2:

I agree. Although all actors were tremendous overall but there all unique in there own way and some just stand out a little more then others

The 50th anniversary (the only exception where david wasn't awful) was a great episode of matt's era too along with the time of the doctor
Reply 4554
YES! Finally

good riddance to her :h:

What you don't like clara?
Original post by L116
x

x

Guys, can we put things like this in spoiler tags please? The thread is supposed to be spoiler free :h:
Original post by L116
What you don't like clara?

i liked her as Oswald and the victorian one but i just found her quite boring and she didn't have much of a personality with 11 andi also thought she was quite cocky

with 12 i just feel like she overshadows him and takes over

just my opinion tho :h:
Guys, can we put things like this in spoiler tags please? The thread is supposed to be spoiler free :h:

oh sorry i thought we were still in the game thread :colondollar:, will do now tho :h:
IT IS ON TONIGHT BBC1 19:40

Spoiler

Reply 4559

I found this out whilst reading the evening standard yesterday on the way home from work.

My face was like this: :colonhash:

Also, can I make a plea (again)... When you put things in spoilers, please say whether it's officially released or a leak etc

Generally I'm okay with things that are officially released, but don't like it when it's a leak, so knowing what the spoiler is before I click on it is really useful :puppyeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest