The Student Room Group

Dazzlas Velocity Diet (One that will actually be finished)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dazzzzzla
Did I say that is the reason it's lagging behind my bench?

Mate, I will, just because you seem like a tool, will post a video up on Wednesday where I will do my 1rm for a squat - with full depth. & I will do it so I am parallel - and see if I can get more weight up: I bet you my life that I will get my 1rm +10kg more.

My dumbell bench is 50kg - each arm (100kg) for 4 sets of 5,4,4,4 - This was Monday. I go to failure in each set.

My flat barbell bench (which I rarely do - as I prefer dumbells) is the equivalent sets and reps for 110kg. I don't have a spotter so I don't go as heavy on this.

yes, when you said

"Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though. "
clearly stating that you'd squat more if only you didn't go down so damn lowI'd rather see your bench (DB or BB) since I've already seen your squat
Reply 61
Original post by monsterzero
yes, when you said

"Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though. "
clearly stating that you'd squat more if only you didn't go down so damn lowI'd rather see your bench (DB or BB) since I've already seen your squat

"Did I say that is the reason it's lagging behind my bench?"

How does:

Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though. "

Mean that is why it is lagging? Did I even say it was lagging? Do you want to show me your squat and bench? You bench/squat how much?

You're just trying to pluck something out of thin air buddy. Why don't you construe some positivity around?
"Did I say that is the reason it's lagging behind my bench?"

How does:

Depth is what I believe restricts me from adding weight to my squats. I tried 130kg two weeks ago and got 1 rep out - went for the second, couldn't get up! Haha. ATG squats are my favourite though. "

Mean that is why it is lagging? Did I even say it was lagging? Do you want to show me your squat and bench? You bench/squat how much?

You're just trying to pluck something out of thin air buddy. Why don't you construe some positivity around?

I've seen how I bench & squat mate

Currently not much (you've pree my blog so you've aware)

historically skwaats

140 for 12
180 for 5

flat bench

100 for 3 sets of 8-10
110 for 5

flat never suited me, so I've done similar on incline
Reply 63
I've seen how I bench & squat mate

Currently not much (you've pree my blog so you've aware)

Historically?

historically skwaats

140 for 12
180 for 5

flat bench

100 for 3 sets of 8-10
110 for 5

flat never suited me, so I've done similar on incline

Currently meaning what?

I am asking - what do you squat and bench now?

I know you do a 1rm of 80kg on a bench. So what do you squat? If it isn't over 120kg now - then you have lost your own argument.
Currently meaning what?

I am asking - what do you squat and bench now?

I know you do a 1rm of 80kg on a bench. So what do you squat? If it isn't over 120kg now - then you have lost your own argument.

It's irrelevant what I squat currently to serve my point

it's 60 for 10, 90 for 3 but it's not maximal (since you're asking)

When you come back from injury, your weights will be skewed

My point was, your currently not coming back from injury or historically lifted more, so hence your skewed weights is more telling
Reply 65
It's irrelevant what I squat currently to serve my point

it's 60 for 10, 90 for 3 but it's not maximal (since you're asking)

When you come back from injury, your weights will be skewed

My point was, your currently not coming back from injury or historically lifted more, so hence your skewed weights is more telling

I dumbell bench 100kg (50 each arm) & Squat 120kgs.

You barbell bench 80kg and you Squat 90kg...

How are you calling me out for a lagging squat? HAHA!

I haven't been lifting properly in over 9 months because I had a son... so how is that more telling?

You really are just plain stupid? I can't even believe the level of hypocrisy you give off! Just LOL!
I dumbell bench 100kg (50 each arm) & Squat 120kgs.

You barbell bench 80kg and you Squat 90kg...

How are you calling me out for a lagging squat? HAHA!

I haven't been lifting properly in over 9 months because I had a son... so how is that more telling?

You really are just plain stupid? I can't even believe the level of hypocrisy you give off! Just LOL!

because you can't expect someone who had an injury to resume at their pre-injury weights, are you dumb??

I've already stated when I was uninjured, I did 180 and 100-110

hence, explains my current disparity

& unless your son smashed your knee and shoulders in, it's no excuse for your disparity
Nice squats, we have a similar body weight and I'm on my way to two and a half plates myself. How tall are you?
Reply 68
because you can't expect someone who had an injury to resume at their pre-injury weights, are you dumb??

I've already stated when I was uninjured, I did 180 and 100-110

hence, explains my current disparity

& unless your son smashed your knee and shoulders in, it's no excuse for your disparity

Am I dumb? haha I can't even be arsed to reply to your stupidity. You have just said the following:

"I've already stated when I was uninjured, I did 180 and 100-110"

You are NOW benching 20kg less than you were "pre-injury" - 20% decrease in weight.
You are squatting 90kg less than you were "pre injury?" - 50% decrease in weight.

SO - how have you kept your upper body strength and somehow, your lower body has diminished.

I don't even care if you done 50kg bench and a 50kg squat - thats you mate. You can do what you want - it does not affect me in any way. I just cannot see how you are oblivious to your own hypocrisy?

I had a son, I am studying, and working. I prioritised my son over lifting - that was my choice, I didn't need him to smash my knees and shoulders up. I wanted to spend my free time with him. As stated above - I re-started up 4 months ago - once my exams finished.
Congrats on the son!

Just hope he doesn't catch your squat by the time he's 5 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Original post by zyzzyspirit
Nice squats, we have a similar body weight and I'm on my way to two and a half plates myself. How tall are you?

Thank you! :smile:

Good man... how many reps you pushing? I'm only 5ft8. How about yourself?
Reply 71
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Congrats on the son!

Just hope he doesn't catch your squat by the time he's 5 :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Hard work - believe me haha.

Oh he is already on his way with the squats... he has ATG form better than me... especially when he is trying to get down for a nail varnish to suck on.
Thank you. Hard work - believe me haha.

Oh he is already on his way with the squats... he has ATG form better than me... especially when he is trying to get down for a nail varnish to suck on.

I can imagine, you're 22 right?

And what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
I can imagine, you're 22 right?

And what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

23 now. Getting old.

Studying Business Management and Law - I hate Law though. It is so time consuming.
Am I dumb? haha I can't even be arsed to reply to your stupidity. You have just said the following:

"I've already stated when I was uninjured, I did 180 and 100-110"

You are NOW benching 20kg less than you were "pre-injury" - 20% decrease in weight.
You are squatting 90kg less than you were "pre injury?" - 50% decrease in weight.

SO - how have you kept your upper body strength and somehow, your lower body has diminished.

I don't even care if you done 50kg bench and a 50kg squat - thats you mate. You can do what you want - it does not affect me in any way. I just cannot see how you are oblivious to your own hypocrisy?

I had a son, I am studying, and working. I prioritised my son over lifting - that was my choice, I didn't need him to smash my knees and shoulders up. I wanted to spend my free time with him. As stated above - I re-started up 4 months ago - once my exams finished.

ever thought, and a crazy thought I know ... I injured my knee?

& I'm guessing you glossed over the part where I said I don't go maximal on squats?

& your maths is dumb too

I said I did 100 for 8 reps on flat, I am currently doing 60 for 8 on bench (60%)

I don't go for singles on a regular basis, the 80 you saw was after doing 70 for an easy 5, so I wanted to see if I could do 80 for 5 yet, answer was no

I did 140 for 8 reps, and 140 * 0.6 = 84kg

can I do 84kg for 8 reps now? muscle strength sure, knee strength? no
23 now. Getting old.

Studying Business Management and Law - I hate Law though. It is so time consuming.

Oh yeh I feel you. It's not fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
ever thought, and a crazy thought I know ... I injured my knee?

& I'm guessing you glossed over the part where I said I don't go maximal on squats?

& your maths is dumb too

I said I did 100 for 8 reps on flat, I am currently doing 60 for 8 on bench (60%)

I don't go for singles on a regular basis, the 80 you saw was after doing 70 for an easy 5, so I wanted to see if I could do 80 for 5 yet, answer was no

I did 140 for 8 reps, and 140 * 0.6 = 84kg

can I do 84kg for 8 reps now? muscle strength sure, knee strength? no

boringgggggg

I couldn't even be arsed to read it.

& dude - stop holding on to past glories. (You a Liverpool fan?)
Reply 77
Oh yeh I feel you. It's not fair

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know - I might throw a tantrum (I've learnt that too ha)
boringgggggg

I couldn't even be arsed to read it.

& dude - stop holding on to past glories. (You a Liverpool fan?)

I'm not a football fan

& don't wanna admit you're REKT brah??
Reply 79
I'm not a football fan

& don't wanna admit you're REKT brah??

How does that even REKT me?

You Squat 90kg and you bench 80kg. There is nothing else to add.

I just find you boring to argue with;

Invalid points
Past glories
Don't listen
blah blah

This all because someone else said my squats are lagging behind my bench? And someone said I have poor quads? haha.

Quick Reply

Latest