The Student Room Group

Welsh bacc + 2 A Levels

I just wanted to know if the Welsh bac and two a levels is enough to to get me into university because I've had some people telling me yes and some people telling me no so I'm a bit confused any guidance would be great thanks
Original post by Cmcg123
I just wanted to know if the Welsh bac and two a levels is enough to to get me into university because I've had some people telling me yes and some people telling me no so I'm a bit confused any guidance would be great thanks

I think it depends on the course you want to do but for medicine, the course that I'm applying for, all of the universities that accept it want three full A-levels with a minimum grade in the third subject (e.g. Cardiff want a C, Keele want a B and so on) as well so I'd advise doing three A-levels just to be sure.

Also, if you're going to shorten it, it's Welsh Bacc, not 'Welsh back.' :lol: (no offence intended)
Reply 2
Original post by Hydeman
I think it depends on the course you want to do but for medicine, the course that I'm applying for, all of the universities that accept it want three full A-levels with a minimum grade in the third subject (e.g. Cardiff want a C, Keele want a B and so on) as well so I'd advise doing three A-levels just to be sure.

Also, if you're going to shorten it, it's Welsh Bacc, not 'Welsh back.' :lol: (no offence intended)

I had business management in mind and that was auto correct 😅
Original post by Cmcg123
I had business management in mind and that was auto correct 😅

Have a look at www.search.ucas.com - look at the entry requirements for the universities you want to go to. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Hydeman
Have a look at www.search.ucas.com - look at the entry requirements for the universities you want to go to. :smile:

Will do thanks for the help
Original post by Cmcg123
Will do thanks for the help

How did you change the thread title? I've tried to do that with some of mine and been unsuccessful. :/
Original post by Hydeman
How did you change the thread title? I've tried to do that with some of mine and been unsuccessful. :/

:colondollar:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
:colondollar:

LOL, sneaky moderator! :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
LOL, sneaky moderator! :wink:

I do it if it looks like the comments about the title are going to derail the thread or get the OP torrents of abuse.

I have been know to correct grammar and take off excess !!!!!!!! from time to time also...
Reply 9
Original post by Hydeman

I would like to tell you but I didn't even know I had changed it 😅😂
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I do it if it looks like the comments about the title are going to derail the thread or get the OP torrents of abuse.

I have been know to correct grammar and take off excess !!!!!!!! from time to time also...

Good on you. I appreciate thread titles with the appropriate amount of punctuation. :smile:
Original post by Cmcg123

No worries, 'twas the sneaky mod dat done it. ;D
Original post by Cmcg123

You didn't. I did it.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending