The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Karl What about Sarah?
While I don't share OP's negative views, as somebody that's gone from thin to fat my eyes have certainly been opened in how shallow and entitled many women are. Its amusing that women are lambasting him but actually they've probably in this country been brought up to be rather spoilt.

I still like women though.
Original post by opi453
Try less attrative girls, truth is you'll only ever score around your level

Kind of. I've punched above my weight (even been with a girl that was an undisputed 10), but it's so hard to keep it going. With girls below you in looks, I can literally never text them, ask them for favors, be really lazy with dating; and they still stick around. Humans are just really shallow, and men are at least as bad as women imo.
Original post by karl pilkington
As a man I never get laid or have had a girlfriend? Partly because I am an introvert and recluse but mostly because women don't like me or show interest in me.

No offence I've heard some of your views over a long period of time and you're not helping yourself. Saying dodgy stuff about sexual assault and the likes I think what you need to do is buck up your ideas and learn a little compassion. Look at your mum, look at any sisters any female cousins you have would you want them to be treated the way you describe some of your attitudes to women? Would you like to be treated badly? No mate just try being an all round better person and not just thinking about wetting your willy. Then people in general including women will gravitate towards you, you'll make friend including women and then there's your way of meeting more prospective girlfriends/partners etc.

Hate when people say 'success with women' what is 'success with women'? Just having them as a sex doll... That's what some of your views would lead me to believe. You have to treat women as friends as fellow people man sort yourself out.
Original post by bassbabe
Looks like Elliot Roger is back from the dead.

:mmm:
Original post by Rakas21
While I don't share OP's negative views, as somebody that's gone from thin to fat my eyes have certainly been opened in how shallow and entitled many women are. Its amusing that women are lambasting him but actually they've probably in this country been brought up to be rather spoilt.

I still like women though.

Spoilt?! Aren't we all spoilt in the western world? We are more than just sex toys,women have standards too.
Original post by queen-bee
Spoilt?! Aren't we all spoilt in the western world? We are more than just sex toys,women have standards too.

That's true and there's nothing wrong with standards. That being said, women like to claim they are angels who care about personality which is mostly not true.

Since my personality is no different I can only conclude that I was previously getting women because of my looks, not my personality.

As I say, I still like women. Its just that my eyes have been opened to the truth.
Original post by Rakas21
That's true and there's nothing wrong with standards. That being said, women like to claim they are angels who care about personality which is mostly not true.

Since my personality is no different I can only conclude that I was previously getting women because of my looks, not my personality.

As I say, I still like women. Its just that my eyes have been opened to the truth.

But men are like that too? Not just women
Original post by queen-bee
But men are like that too? Not just women

I agree. Whether that's a good thing though is the question.
Original post by Little Popcorns
No offence I've heard some of your views over a long period of time and you're not helping yourself. Saying dodgy stuff about sexual assault and the likes I think what you need to do is buck up your ideas and learn a little compassion. Look at your mum, look at any sisters any female cousins you have would you want them to be treated the way you describe some of your attitudes to women? Would you like to be treated badly? No mate just try being an all round better person and not just thinking about wetting your willy. Then people in general including women will gravitate towards you, you'll make friend including women and then there's your way of meeting more prospective girlfriends/partners etc.

Hate when people say 'success with women' what is 'success with women'? Just having them as a sex doll... That's what some of your views would lead me to believe. You have to treat women as friends as fellow people man sort yourself out.

Btw, that is why you get bitter young guys. They think to themselves "I am a good guy, I am helpful and kind and yet no women like me even though they say they want guys like me". Bitterness and misogyny ensues.

It's not good advice. I don't know him but I bet it's not because he's not a "good person" that he doesn't get female attention. Plenty of ****ty guys get a lot of attention and that's because they have what is considered "attractive" by most girls.
I think I just cried laughing at this thread, blokes on here have such a warped view of the world, usually along the lines of 'women don't like me but it's all their fault not mine'.
Original post by Bornblue
I'm by no means an expert but generally the approach that works well for me and other guys I know is finding the balance of showing that you're interested in them while at the same time showing you don't really care about the outcome.

That's not meant to be patronising at all, but as someone who went from being terrible with women to being 1/4 decent that advice helped me a lot.

This isn't great advice in my eyes.

Just be yourself and get out and meet as many girls as you possibly can. Eventually one will come along that you click with (this is if you're looking for a relationship>sex)

Most of my friends are male. Most are in relationships and in the main with much better looking girls than them. How? By just being themselves, being friendly, being chatty, and by having friends that recognised people they'd get on with and introducing them. All there is to it.
Original post by paul514
Lol. So what? Why should the rest of us care that women think your a dog not worthy of their attention. You are a self centred idiot who thinks he should have it by divine right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the whole point of this section is to ask advice why bother just posting to say you don't care?
Original post by redferry
I think I just cried laughing at this thread, blokes on here have such a warped view of the world, usually along the lines of 'women don't like me but it's all their fault not mine'.

It must be really hard for him being a guy and not had a gf or even any attention from girls. Not that he's at fault and has the right to be misogynistic.
Original post by slade p
It must be really hard for him being a guy and not had a gf or even any attention from girls. Not that he's at fault and has the right to be misogynistic.

My partner is a guy that had no attention off women til he was 20. Partly why I lack sympathy given he's a bigger feminist than I am...
This isn't great advice in my eyes.

Just be yourself and get out and meet as many girls as you possibly can. Eventually one will come along that you click with (this is if you're looking for a relationship>sex)

Most of my friends are male. Most are in relationships and in the main with much better looking girls than them. How? By just being themselves, being friendly, being chatty, and by having friends that recognised people they'd get on with and introducing them. All there is to it.

None of that conflicts what I said. But you can be yourself while giving off a confident and not needy vibe. 'Be yourself' is a good base of advice but I'd amend and qualify that to 'be a more self confident, relaxed and less needy version of yourself'.
Show the girl you're interested in them but make it clear you're not needy to desperate - that's what worked for me.

Everyone's different and you're right, it's about finding out what works for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21

I think women do choose more on personality then men do. You see a lot more beautiful women with average looking guys then the other way round.
Original post by Bornblue
I think women do choose more on personality then men do. You see a lot more beautiful women with average looking guys then the other way round.

There are exceptions but at an average level women are about as shallow as men.

Do I come across like that?

I definitely do need to increase the amount of women I meet but I don;t seem to click with anyone. I blame myself too much if anything (I think).

Also 'just be yourself' doesn't work when being yourself would mean I just don;t talk to them. At all. I have to make massive efforts just to make myself talk to people and then I don't really know what to say. Worried I will either be boring or say something that makes things awkward.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by karl pilkington
As a man I never get laid or have had a girlfriend? Partly because I am an introvert and recluse but mostly because women don't like me or show interest in me.

you disgust me

Latest

Trending

Trending