The Student Room Group

would any of you have a relationship with a realistic sex robot?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your life story.

shut it
Women are not going to be automated out but maybe their sex will revert to its fair market value :p: a more interesting question is I wonder if feminists think what I perceive to be the recent rise in realistic fleshlights is misogynistic?
This sounds a lot like the British show "humans" all those questions you guys are asking is literally answered on the show. It's new show, the whole relationship with a robot is covered in a wider depth.
And personally, I think if someone wants to buy a sex robot they are entitled I mean it's not different to a sex toy. At the end of the day it's a robot, it's not like you will be having sex passionately or have any connection to it. Just use it to meet your needs and then put it away. You can never come home and talk about how your day went or just even ask a simple question such as how does this shirt look like? If that's the kind of lifestyle you want then yeah the robot would be a great thing.

But personally, if you can't have passionate sex than that sex is not enjoyable. But everyone has their own preferences I guess
If it's only a sex robot, then no. If it behaves like an actual person and can make me sandwiches, meals, drinks, pick up the dog **** in the garden, then yes I would have one, but would not have sex with it.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
No
That is just sad imo
I would rather be single

Why? You could get sweet orgasmic sex when ever you want, where ever with a very realistic bot that can orgasm continuously. Plus it doesn't moan and get hormonal like the real thing. You don't have to suffer the baggage that comes with a relationship, you get what you want without giving anything back. Why would you not want that?
Original post by Jebedee
The thing is, if the fact that all of us are the progeny of our ancestors held value then people wouldn't be such idiots nowadays. Most of us were created by idiots while machines are created by learned men.

Nonsense, who are you to judge all humanity and call them "idiots"? have you ever encountered any other form of life as smart and capable as us? and if I create something does that make it my offspring? If I made a toast and ate it would I be an infanticidist & cannibal?

My toastie is just as dead as the Asimo, hence no aboriginal sovereignty, status = None person.
[video="youtube;BtqGTn7PCBw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqGTn7PCBw[/video]
Original post by Gears265
Why? You could get sweet orgasmic sex when ever you want, where ever with a very realistic bot that can orgasm continuously. Plus it doesn't moan and get hormonal like the real thing. You don't have to suffer the baggage that comes with a relationship, you get what you want without giving anything back. Why would you not want that?

Because i dont want to have sex with a robot :erm:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Women mostly just lie there anyway, so in terms of basic sexual gratification I can see demand being fairly high, particularly among those who struggle to score ass. As for 'relationships', this topic rather reminds me of the film Surrogates. There's no replacing deeper intimacy and sexual bonding where robots are concerned (yet), but let's face it - time isn't kind to women, so again I could see men opting for 'younger models' a la realistic androids vs. their tired/haggard old wives.. :beard:

Not if she's on top all the time :mmm: :sexface:
as long as she was programmed never to friendzone then why not ?
Ye id get one for when i need a **** and dont have a gf or anything.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Ye id get one for when i need a **** and dont have a gf or anything.

Lol what happens if your penis gets stuck inside the robot?
Reply 53
Original post by Danz123
Just saw a video on TYT about this topic and one academic claimed sex robots would cause more objectification by men towards women, and that they would 'replace' women, leading to far worse human interaction between the sexes. What she doesn't seem to realise is that in such a futuristic scenario, women would be using male sex robots too... but the social interaction point would stand I guess.

However, what if we had artifical intelligence so advanced it was uncanny to a human's available today? What if said AI was also packaged in a very realistic sex robot, so much so that you couldn't tell it apart from a real human being? Finally, what if they were mass produced and sold for only a few hundred pounds? Would you actually forgo a relationship with a real person, for a sex robot? I wouldn't, it just creeps me the **** out... but maybe I'm too close minded. Some comments on the video were by guys saying how lovely it would be to have sex robots. They wouldn't nag, or be entitled, or moan etc. Such generalisations are idiotic to me, but I guess that's how some guys see women.

Discuss.

hell yes. Women are such a hassle. Only tolerate them because I'm genetically programmed to want to be inside them. If I can get all the benefits of a woman, without any of the costs then sign me up!
Original post by queen-bee
Lol what happens if your penis gets stuck inside the robot?

I'll make an embarrassing 999 call haha
Original post by ChickenMadness
I'll make an embarrassing 999 call haha

YouTube moment! Haha
Original post by the bear
as long as she was programmed never to friendzone then why not ?

Then you can become FWB:wink:
Reply 57
Original post by MAINE.
hell yes. Women are such a hassle. Only tolerate them because I'm genetically programmed to want to be inside them. If I can get all the benefits of a woman, without any of the costs then sign me up!

Why make such a condescending generalisation? Do you not have any female friends? Women are more than just holes for you to put your penis in. Besides, when it comes to finding a partner surely you'd look into personality traits and level of compatibility? Unless you're saying there is no woman on Earth who could entertain you in a funny or intellectual manner, in which case I have nothing more to say to you.
Unless it got into electric sheep territory they wont replace women. ( I welcome this dystopia :beard:)

It's like arguing a dildo will replace men :-/

People want to have sex with actual people. Even if they are "flawed"
Reply 59
Original post by Danz123
Why make such a condescending generalisation? Do you not have any female friends? Women are more than just holes for you to put your penis in. Besides, when it comes to finding a partner surely you'd look into personality traits and level of compatibility? Unless you're saying there is no woman on Earth who could entertain you in a funny or intellectual manner, in which case I have nothing more to say to you.

The irony is I would actually want nothing more than an intelligent partner with an incredible personality, and I think a woman with a great personality is much more valuable than just an attractive one.

However, I have had a lot of relationships, and in my experience, a lot of women exhibit the same generic personality traits when in relationships, eg.:

- preoocupation with materialism & image (mostly interested in shopping, nails, hair, makeup etc)
- insecurity (insecure in themselves, which I have seen mutate into insecurity in the strength relationship...the issue is they expect you, the man, to do all the work to fix it)
- jealousy (questioning every interaction you have with someone from the opposite sex that isn't her)
- irrationality (not willing to accept when they are wrong)
- unfairness (eg. say they believe in equality in relationships, but expect you to treat them like a queen)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending