The Student Room Group

Germany wants Facebook to remove posts that contain incitement to hatred

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Profesh
He's essentially harmless. (Well, unless your username happens to rhyme with 'green-pea'.)

:erm:

Spoiler

Original post by Foo.mp3

You sincerely believe I'm harmful for queen-bee? :beard:

Can you read? He saying you're harmless to everyone more specifically if your name is queen bee.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You sincerely believe I'm harmful for queen-bee?

On second thoughts, from what I know of queen-bee—and much as I find the admission faintly perturbing—you're probably a moderating influence.
Original post by Profesh
On second thoughts, from what I know of queen-bee—and much as I find the admission faintly perturbing—you're probably a moderating influence.

He plays a huge part actually. And he's never been harmful,why would you say that?
Original post by Profesh

What is going on here? lol
Sweden have a similar set up. For any politician, reporter or professional working for the state to criticize their immigration policy would be professional suicide.
Even bringing it up for debate is enough.

On YouTube check out "Sweden going over a cliff"
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
You do realise that there's a difference between criticism and abuse?

Yes, and that line is blurry and subjective. Surely, the Charlie Hebdo shootings and subsequent reactions proved that.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Yup (see below)

Yeah.. that's what I thought :dry:

Spoiler

That looks like a Cookie Monster. I love those eyes!
Original post by Foo.mp3

Spoiler

Not surprised, you tart :rolleyes:

Spoiler

That is so like you buuuuut with hobnobs!!!!!!!
Lol hobnob love story between you and Profresh?! :mmm:

I love me some green eyes :redface:
Reply 69
Original post by Good bloke
The article you linked makes it clear that little, if anything, of what you say in your OP is true. The Germans want Facebook to remove posts that contain incitement to hatred, which Is a crime. There is no call to censor criticism of immigration, or criticism of immigrants. There is no prosecution threat.

Yep, it's absolutely typical of the OP, he seems completely incapable of not distorting facts or taking things out of context to suit his agenda, he's like TSR's version of the Daily Mail.

If the story had been that Germany were going to prosecute anyone who simply criticised immigration then I'd agree with the OP, but the story here is that they're going to prosecute abusive and racist content, which is absolutely fair enough.
When is the German government going to be prosecuted?
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't have a hobnob cupboard, as such.. I have a little cubby back in London, and out here in the sticks I have a stash in the garage :innocent:

Too bad, ain't no-one coming anywhere near my sweet delight; may seem ungenerous/unfair not to share her but that's just the way the cookie crumbles :bandit:

Each suits different types differently, methinks. I love big brown eyes on olive skinned girls. When the light catches them and they're so deep/rich brown.. :daydreaming:

Will be emptied out once I arrive :h:

Oh my. Sweet cookie love. I'm sure @profresh isn't going to be too happy about it. After all,he just wanted alite nibble and some tongue action with the chocolate base :mmm:

Agreed!
Original post by Foo.mp3
Certain 'stores' will be well and truly unleashed and depleted, on your arrival, but hobnobs ain't among them :wink:

Spoiler

Ahaha! You're too much :teehee:

Completely emptied? Hellz yeah baby! I'm good at baking things. Chocolate chip cookies are my fav and out cookies with big chocolate chunks.

I am to please :wink:
Original post by Bill_Gates
Sounds like a good policy. UK should take many more desperate refugees fleeing a war torn country constantly being bombarded by foreign countries and Assad.

No we shouldnt.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Well.. you did say you 'always put your back into it', so yes.. completely.. emptied.. :sogood:

Sweet :cute:

Out cookies? As in 'migrants out' cookies? :tongue:

Whom? :curious:

:sexface: let's get to work soon!

Hahah you've got jokes! Maybe if I was living in Germany but seeing as this is the UK and we are very welcoming as a country,I'll make a tray of 'migrants welcome' cookies :tongue:

Only you,baby.
Original post by Ace123
Germany want to prosecute people who criticise immigration or make anti immigrant comments on social media.

The end of free speech? Is free speech being criminalised so people can't speak out against immigration? no one dare criticise the multiculturalism or immigration or be prosecuted, sounds like politically correct Nazi's

http://www.dw.com/en/facebook-must-ban-abusive-content-says-german-justice-minister-maas/a-18676705

Zie germanz vant kontrol oder zie vorld!
Did you even read the ****** article? He's complaining about Xenophobia and abuse not "criticising migrants" Jesus Christ way to twist words.
Original post by Plagioclase
You do realise that there's a difference between criticism and abuse? Nobody is saying that you can't criticise immigration, they're saying that you can't be abusive. They're trying to stop hate crime. Which is absolutely fair enough. Trying to stop people from being abusive towards others is not "the end of free speech", it's basic human decency. As long as you don't say anything deliberately intending to hurt somebody else, this isn't going to affect you.

Who decides what this entails?
Original post by Farage is a hero
Who decides what this entails?

Do I understand correctly that your argument is that, because there's some degree of subjectivity involved here, that we should just let people be as disgustingly behaved as they want? I don't quite think you realise that somebody is at the receiving end of this abuse. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing if people behave responsibly but unfortunately, they don't always and I do find that the people who think that abuse is a necessary evil of freedom of speech have never themselves actually had to experience that kind of abuse themselves.
Reply 79
This is the **** these anti-racist anti-fascist impose on all White people

****ing impoverishing our countries

Destroying us

Makes me sick to my stomach what we've had to put up with

We need to bring the guillotine back and put Merkel and the rest of these traitors in it

Mark my words we will win this war

We'll never rest until Europe is made European again

Even if we become like Anders Breivik and are driven to terrorism

Why are we terrorist and not freedom fighters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending