The Student Room Group

Migrants

Scroll to see replies

If my socio-economic situation allowed, then yes, I'd take in as many as I could manage.

The parents might object though...
No but I wouldn't mind paying a part of the cost for housing refugees.
Reply 802
Original post by queen-bee
Nah,I haven't. You were complaining about white men being discriminated against blah blah

I'm against all discrimination. I think as a white man I have license to complain when white men are discriminated against, but I'm not above caring about other demographics.

The same couldn't be said for you, for reasons which I've already written elsewhere.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!
Original post by ElephantMemory
We're talking about one of the richest countries in the world. It's absolutely not comparable to somebody giving to charity instead of feeding their own children. It's also a country that claims to be the ****ing moral arbiter of the world. We are taught to look down on other cultures because we are superior and have have strong morals and values.

it would absolutely be enforceable and people like you would support it. You don't have a problem with foreign people, you have a problem with poor people. The only reason you are attacking foreign people is because it is socially acceptable to do so.

Our debt is 1.5Trillion and rising at a rate of £5200 PER SECOND

Yes it is, because whilst you might be fortunate enough to be effected, millions of people are and are going without from healthcare to life saving benefits.

The UK and its people do not claim to be some moral arbiters. If anything we are far to self critical despite every statistic showing we give the most money and Aid by a stretch over comparable countries. It would break a raft of humans rights issues unless as i said you wanted to privatise everything

My whole argument is trying to protect OUR POOR people. because it is themselves that will feel further cuts if we have to fork out 500 million to house feed and clothe refugees
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Our debt is 1.5Trillion and rising at a rate of £5200 PER SECOND

Yes it is, because whilst you might be fortunate enough to be effected, millions of people are and are going without from healthcare to life saving benefits.

The UK and its people do not claim to be some moral arbiters. If anything we are far to self critical despite every statistic showing we give the most money and Aid by a stretch over comparable countries. It would break a raft of humans rights issues unless as i said you wanted to privatise everything

My whole argument is trying to protect OUR POOR people. because it is themselves that will feel further cuts if we have to fork out 500 million to house feed and clothe refugees

I really couldn't give a **** about the debt. That's mainly propaganda and used as an excuse to **** over the poor and vulnerable. Why are you doing the work of the government? It's not your job to spread propaganda.

It's not at all comparable lol. We have a choice to help the vulnerable. People who can barely feed their children do not have a choice.

Are we talking about the same government that keeps talking about ''British values'' and all that nonsense? The **** world are you living in where the UK doesn't act as the moral arbiter? We are taught that our culture is fair and the ****ing middle east is filled with scum. The blame always goes on the middle east for this. It becomes about blaming the middle east, ''Why isn't Saudi Arabia doing anything?'' instead of helping.

How would you feel about sterilizing the long term unemployed to save money?
Reply 805
I really couldn't give a **** about the debt. That's mainly propaganda and used as an excuse to **** over the poor and vulnerable. Why are you doing the work of the government? It's not your job to spread propaganda.

It's not at all comparable lol. We have a choice to help the vulnerable. People who can barely feed their children do not have a choice.

Are we talking about the same government that keeps talking about ''British values'' and all that nonsense? The **** world are you living in where the UK doesn't act as the moral arbiter? We are taught that our culture is fair and the ****ing middle east is filled with scum. The blame always goes on the middle east for this. It becomes about blaming the middle east, ''Why isn't Saudi Arabia doing anything?'' instead of helping.

Yeah! Why should the Saudis do anything? It's their back garden, and they've got a bigger army than us, and they have a vested interest in the outcome of the conflict that we just don't… er, wait…

Maybe British values means putting Britain first. Maybe that's how this tiny country has outlived two French Empires, four French Republics, The Holy Roman Empire, the USSR, the Russian Empire, Muhammad's
Caliphate, the Malian Empire, Abyssinia and so on.

Posted from the TSR app - no updates since 2013!

Its not propaganda, its FACT. Are you seriously saying the debt is not 1.5trillion ?? 91% of GDP. Are you saying thats a lie? lmfao

Sure we have a choice. The choice is spend a wedge of money to help economic migrants and deny British poor further down the line to help pay for the cost of migrants.

Are you saying Britains values are not better than the middle East? LMFAO

Again human rights bro. Perhaps thats why you think the Middle East has comparable values to Britain, you dont understand human rights and equality lmfao

lool
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
Whose us? UK full of foreigners. Such a peasant mentality.

*Who's

Us, the British people... I used to like you Bill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending