The Student Room Group

Help! I'm feeling down about uni and might want to drop out, what can I do?

Hey guys I need some help, I've been feeling down ever since I've started uni I have managed to stay and now in one week I'll be starting my third and final year but I've already come home from moving into my new house there. It's over two hours away and I'm so homesick I cry all the time. It's not just home sickness but my grandad has terminal cancer and I'm not exactly motivated to do my course anymore, it's criminology by the way. And I feel like I don't even need a degree for anything that I want to do. I want to drop out but I know I'll be judged so much I need some advice on what to do.
Original post by Gemmaannmorrison
Hey guys I need some help, I've been feeling down ever since I've started uni I have managed to stay and now in one week I'll be starting my third and final year but I've already come home from moving into my new house there. It's over two hours away and I'm so homesick I cry all the time. It's not just home sickness but my grandad has terminal cancer and I'm not exactly motivated to do my course anymore, it's criminology by the way. And I feel like I don't even need a degree for anything that I want to do. I want to drop out but I know I'll be judged so much I need some advice on what to do.

One of life's lessons is that you have to learn to do things for YOU and no one else. It's a brave one to learn- and a difficult road to travel but oh so worth it. You'll come out a braver and stronger woman than ever before.

I dropped out of university 7 years ago next month...7 years ago I set up this thread!

I have learnt so much about myself, took amazing risks and learned such valuable lessons along the way. I'm now 26, doing a career I love, surrounded by people I love.

Home sicknesses is a difficult one- often its seen as a 'period' and something that will move on. You are so close to finishing your degree so consider your options...

think:

How is this making you feel?
What have you done already
What are your options?

A x

Quick Reply

Latest