The Student Room Group

Christians on TSR: Advice please?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherry82
Wait you're not a Christian am I right?
Please, if you are going to speak about Christian practices and beliefs, have at least some sort of knowledge about Christianity. Even if it is a minimal, sufficient amount. I am not saying read the whole bible or join a Christian church, but at least know what you are talking about concerning Christianity for your own credibility. What I had said virtually came from the bible itself. It did not just from a random personal belief or thought but it originated from the bible. If @anonymouspie227 was really a Christian, she should have told you that or should have known that at least. I really hope she was not one of those Christians who had not read the bible and just relied on the Catholic church teachings to do that for her. But even those Christians who had not read the bible knew this. These are fundamentals to Christianity. I am truly surprised.

Bible verses that show and support my statement concerning being a Christian:

Acts 16:31
'They replied, Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.'

Matthew 7: 21-24
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Ephesians 2: 8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

-Here's a link that supplies numerous of biblical verses that fit under the category- 'Relationship with God' (note- they do not have to say the line relationship with God, understand that the bible was translated into English as it was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic (Old testament) and Greek (New testament).

http://www.openbible.info/topics/relationship_with_god

So from this, it is clear that just doing 'works' is not enough to be Christian. It is much more complex, deeper and even those who believe they are or were once Christians, are not or where never Christians in the first place by the bible's definition of what a Christian is.

Like I had stated.
'Christian' is nothing but a label. It's more about the heart of someone. About having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Any one can call themselves a Christian and you know that. You are not a Christian because you call yourself a Christian but what makes a Christian is their faith in Jesus Christ. It is the relationship a person has with him, following him and loving him that makes him/her a Christian. Works without faith is useless. Again, only that person would know if it was genuine or not, she doesn't have to list of these religious practices she went through to somehow receive confirmation from others. It's pointless. This is why when I hear that someone was in the church for years, had holy communion etc, I really do not care. Was it all genuine is what I would like to know and if you really did believe. All I am saying is any one can call themselves a Christian in today's world especially. Even you can Hydeman who is an atheist. It's that easy. But actually being one is more than a label and a list of religious practices...

No, I am not a Christian and, no, I have not read the Bible and, no, that doesn't mean I don't have a 'minimal, sufficient' amount of knowledge about it. Nor does your being a Christian give you any sort of special knowledge that's denied to me.

You have missed the point completely. You have done what Christians have done time and again to prove their case - by picking up a Bible and saying 'look, it says so in the Bible so it's true!' I will say this one last time: neither you nor your selected Bible verses (which, by the way, were written by men, not any god) have a monopoly on defining who is a Christian and what is not. That is what anonymouspie227 called you out on and you seem to take pride in digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole by repeatedly stating that unless somebody has a relationship with Jesus, they're not Christian.

Something being a 'label' doesn't make it untrue, which seems like the argument you're trying to make. I really don't know what the hell you're on about by saying that I, an atheist, could also be Christian because it's just a label. No, I couldn't. It is impossible to be both at the same time. You've no right to say that some Catholic person on the other side of the planet isn't really a Christian because he doesn't fit your mould and gets his guidance from the Church rather than from Jesus. Doing so is the height of arrogance. You're completely out of line in talking nonsense of this sort. This is the tactic that has been used by John Lennox and others when asked to explain atrocities committed by Christians. Seriously, look it up. It's called the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy.

The bottomline is this: you think you have the right to define who is a Christian and who isn't and I reject that you have any such right. I don't think there's going to be any progress on this matter because you seem utterly convinced that you have this right and I'm utterly convinced that you don't and frankly see it as a patronising approach from somebody who claims to be a non-judgemental person and heaps scorn on others for the same when they talk any kind of sense.

Good day.
Original post by Hydeman

'No, I am not a Christian and, no, I have not read the Bible and, no, that doesn't mean I don't have a 'minimal, sufficient' amount of knowledge about it. Nor does your being a Christian give you any sort of special knowledge that's denied to me.'

So you do have a sufficient amount about Christianity and the bible then? If so how did you not spot what I was saying came from the bible itself? I have said this repeatedly, these are fundamentals to Christianity. Salvation and having a relationship with Jesus Christ is basically all what Christianity is about to be honest. Special knowledge? Lol, it only takes five minutes searching on google. Frankly, all you had to do was research fundamentals to Christianity to know what I was saying came from the bible, it was not me trying to somehow deem myself as 'special' or 'better' or more genuine than others. Who knows, I could die today and end up in hell (yes, I am aware that you believe it does not exist but that is not the point. I am simply trying to emphasise that I do not see myself as somehow specially chosen, divine or whatever...just no.)

'You have missed the point completely. You have done what Christians have done time and again to prove their case - by picking up a Bible and saying 'look, it says so in the Bible so it's true!' I will say this one last time: neither you nor your selected Bible verses (which, by the way, were written by men, not any god) have a monopoly on defining who is a Christian and what is not. That is what anonymouspie227 called you out on and you seem to take pride in digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole by repeatedly stating that unless somebody has a relationship with Jesus, they're not Christian.'

Wait, what? -_-
I think you might want to re-evaluate what you had just said there. I mean really?
Ok, you know what? I am going to pardon you there because even though you may claim that you do indeed have a sufficient amount of knowledge about Christianity, in regards to what you had said I think I need to explain some things to you. The word Christian means 'follower of Christ' in Greek. Jesus Christ himself, all we know about him as a being/the son of God originates from the bible, all Christian beliefs originate the bible...the word 'Christian' originates from the bible. So you see, I am certain that only the bible could define what a Christian is because the word 'Christian' comes from and originates from the bible itself. The first recorded use of the term 'Christian' (or its cognates in other languages) is in the New Testament of the bible- in Acts 11:26, after Barnabas brought Paul to Antioch the text says: '...] the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.' You see, the Torah to Jews and the Quran to Muslims is the bible to Christians. Christians believe that the bible was inspired by God, that God used mortal men to communicate his words to the people. Now you know this, bear this in mind to what I was saying.
So if the bible could not define what a Christian is?
Who can and what is their own credibility? I mean, for crying out loud.
The bible is Christianity, it is the main source to Christian beliefs (even though we know it was written by 'men'. Our beliefs as a whole come from the bible. So the bible could define what a Christian is...ok.

Whatever.
Seriously, I guess to you I am always completely missing the point then, even after quoting your own damn comments. Please enlighten me dear, what did anonymouspie227 call me out on? For goodness sake. I am simply replying to you no, it it the bible that said so, not me. Considering what I had said above, the bible defines a Christian. You cannot be a Christian and ignore the bible and its teachings because it is the basis to where your beliefs come from as a Christian.
And you accuse me for putting words into your mouth, should we analyse how many times you have done so with me? The prejudging and more prejudging and more prejudging. How could you say that I am trying to make my self look 'bigger' and 'bigger'? After I had clearly stated 'of course, I am in no position to say who is and who is not a real Christian'. I know nothing about her and her journey with Christianity. I am not God. But as Christians believe the bible was inspired by God, we consider it's teachings. Again, what I said was from the bible NOT me. I have to repeatedly say this so you can fully understand this. So please in the near future, do not accuse me of such things because it is not true.

Something being a 'label' doesn't make it untrue, which seems like the argument you're trying to make. I really don't know what the hell you're on about by saying that I, an atheist, could also be Christian because it's just a label. No, I couldn't. It is impossible to be both at the same time. You've no right to say that some Catholic person on the other side of the planet isn't really a Christian because he doesn't fit your mould and gets his guidance from the Church rather than from Jesus. Doing so is the height of arrogance. You're completely out of line in talking nonsense of this sort. This is the tactic that has been used by John Lennox and others when asked to explain atrocities committed by Christians. Seriously, look it up. It's called the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy.

'Black' is a label to identify with skin colour but are 'black' people actually black? No, they are different shades of brown. You would not understand what I am saying and I do not except you to. Not because you are an atheist either but because of some of the statements you are making. I think I need to stop assuming you would understand and instead speak very basically. This is not me trying to insult you as you seem very intelligent and sound with knowledge. Instead, I am trying to take notice and be aware of certain factors.

But let me explain- what I had meant is this: Even with your disbeliefs you could say you were a Christian and have others believe you. I am talking about pretence...
An example is with a friend of mine. I love her to death but I do not agree with her on most things. She is an atheist as she does not believe in any God, including Jesus Christ. But she hides it to fit in and for the likes of her parents, identifies herself as a Christian. I even thought she was a Christian until she opened up to me the other day. She has had holy communion, confirmation, has been baptised but tells me on a daily basis that she does not believe in God. She has never believed yet she still goes to church and to other people, many would think she was indeed a Christian because she also preaches about Jesus and tells others not to sin. So you could say she felt pressured to calling herself a Christian, maybe but does this mean she is actually a Christian? No. She knows this herself because she does not sincerely believe in a God at all or as she says 'sh*t'. Overall, I guess I am saying, today anyone could say that they are a Christian and it not being genuine.
I hope you are understanding what I am saying now?
It works both ways- If I deep down believed in deity, a God but identified myself as an atheist to other people in the hopes of fitting in socially, I am actually an atheist? No.
An atheist does not believe in a God at all. A Christian believes in a Judo God Yahweh and Agnostics do not just know, they neither do or do not believe in a God. I was once an agnostic and sometimes I jump back to this because I am still growing as a Christian. It's hard sometimes. I almost became an atheist the other day but something happened which I do not want to dive into, it's too personal.

'The bottomline is this: you think you have the right to define who is a Christian and who isn't and I reject that you have any such right. I don't think there's going to be any progress on this matter because you seem utterly convinced that you have this right and I'm utterly convinced that you don't and frankly see it as a patronising approach from somebody who claims to be a non-judgemental person and heaps scorn on others for the same when they talk any kind of sense.
Good day.'

No, I really do not. This is far from my character. I will admit, you can read the frustration in my sentences but in no way did I ever feel that I was better than any body, including you. I apologise if it was portrayed to be this way. I think on this thread, there are way too much misunderstandings from both ends.
I was quoting the bible. It was not my own analogy.
But you came at me, I did not come at you first. All I did was simply reply back to your comments. I have nothing against you so please do not take it personally and I hope you feel the same likewise. But I guess you are tired now of hearing me speak. I wish you a blessed day and good day to you too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I'm a Christian who believes in no sex before marriage. My beliefs and life decision in this isnt popular amongst my peers, with many of them making nasty comments such as calling me "frigid" and putting pressure on me. Its also very unpopular with guys; my ex cheated on me and was horrible to me because i woukd not sleep with him.

I am beginning to feel lonely and like I wont find anyone accepting of my beliefs. So i wondered, if you are a Christian on TSR, how highly do you regard your virginity? Is my belief an old fashioned Christian belief that doesnt fit society? What should I do generally? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks x

Not a Christian but I applaud on you sticking to your beliefs
Hi,
I'm a Christian who believes in no sex before marriage. My beliefs and life decision in this isnt popular amongst my peers, with many of them making nasty comments such as calling me "frigid" and putting pressure on me. Its also very unpopular with guys; my ex cheated on me and was horrible to me because i woukd not sleep with him.

I am beginning to feel lonely and like I wont find anyone accepting of my beliefs. So i wondered, if you are a Christian on TSR, how highly do you regard your virginity? Is my belief an old fashioned Christian belief that doesnt fit society? What should I do generally? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks x

I'm a Christian.

Being very honest and open with you here... During my final year at uni, I went through a really hard time with my faith and my singleness (I've only ever dated one person properly for a short time, and I'm 21). Long story short, I ended up having sex several times on about 3 separate occasions with a non-Christian. That was in October '14. To this day (Nearly a year on), I still regret it, I still feel bad and I still think about it often. I still feel 'emotionally' tied to this person because of the fact I've had sex with them.

I think God used that situation to teach me that He knows what's best for us. He intended for sex to be within marriage, because when you're married to someone, the intention is to be with them for the rest of your life. And when you have sex, as the Bible talks about, you become "one flesh". Trust me when I say that God knows what's best for us, and He created the Bible to be our guidance. Follow it :smile:

If you'd like to chat to me further about this, let me know and I'm happy to private message you.

I hope that helps you x
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
Not a Christian but I applaud on you sticking to your beliefs

Can I just say, you're phenomenally amazing.
This is absolutely refreshing to see. :happy2:
Op, don't give in to any temptations but pray to God for help.:smile:
Ignoring all the pointless arguing (and the Catholic bashing) for a moment...

I'm really sorry OP that you have been treated as such by both your peers and your ex-boyfriend. Your sex life is your own concern and your peers are wrong to lambast you for your choices - after all, it has nothing to do with them. Even if they don't respect or understand your choice, they should acknowledge that it is your choice and respect your right to choose for yourself. As for your ex, whilst your decision to not have sex obviously affects him directly, he doesn't sound like a nice person and as though he would have made a good life partner anyway, so he's better best forgotten! :yep:

I agree with what some others have said about praying for your future partner/spouse, and about trying to ensure before you enter into a relationship, that the person you are dating also does not believe in sex before marriage. Church youth groups or parishes with a younger crowd may be the way forward for you, in terms of finding someone suitable.

Keep praying and don't lose heart. As they say in The Sound of Music, "when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window". So you never know - the right person may be right around the corner :biggrin: Just be proactive and keep seeking out new people to meet and become friends with, and keep praying about it.

Wishing you all the best :smile: It's certainly a tough age in which to remain a virgin until marriage. I'm a practising Catholic and I'm not sure I'll manage it to be honest (but I'm a lesbian and the Church won't recognise my marriage even if I *do* marry!). So hats off to you if you do manage it! :biggrin: Just keep praying and trying to discern what is the best path for you - no one can ask much more of you than that :h:
Hi,
I'm a Christian who believes in no sex before marriage... Any advice would be appreciated.

This is going to be a shocker for many Christians, but Biblical Wisdom sets you free [you will know the Truth John 8:31-32].
1) You can still have a sex-life and be chaste. Adam & Eve were considered 'married' when Adam broke Eves hymen with his Penis upon entry, de-virginising her. The release of blood at that moment represents a blood covenant to remain together for life, ask the Jews about this doctrine if you have any doubts. What we can infer from this is that 1st penetration of a mans penis is marriage in the sight of God, NOT a wedding in a church - which is just a party/ceremony. (even gays do that now).

If a man penetrates you with his finger, tongue or any other part of his body with your consent -IT IS ALLOWED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED A SACRED ACT!!!
The same is true with your mouth or any other orifice or passage way into your body that make avail for your partner (yes including the 'back door' as well) IT IS ALLOWED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED A SACRED ACT!!! There is NO barrier (Hymen) there is NO blood (Sacrosanct).

2) If anything entering your vagina was a sin this would present you with endless problems just washing - Our God is a practical God, He hath Wisdom in the way he constructed us. Psa. 139:14

3) It is the lust that is sinful, lust is sexual greed. Desire is of God, He put desire in Eve for Adam - this just confirms your heterosexuality. Thank God your normal (some women on here arnt). Expressing and Exploring that is Wisdom, you get to learn sex.

4) When you add up all of the above you come to a startling conclusion which sets you free. There is actually allot you could be doing with your bf that You haven't even conceived in your mind yet that will make you a better educated lover for the time you do actually get married to someone.

5) Traditional Christian doctrine (chastity/celibacy/abstinence) is damaging the lack of [sex] is the root of all kinds of evil thats why these 'men,' who wear dresses and never marry who presume to tell us how to conduct our sex lives (priests) are always being caught in sexual perversion. Mary & Joseph married at 14 & 17 and it didnt do Jesus any harm. Gods ppl should be quick to have sex; not put it on delay as tradition has it. "Go forth and multiply" was a COMMAND, obey!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ignoring all the pointless arguing (and the Catholic bashing) for a moment...

I'm really sorry OP that you have been treated as such by both your peers and your ex-boyfriend. Your sex life is your own concern and your peers are wrong to lambast you for your choices - after all, it has nothing to do with them. Even if they don't respect or understand your choice, they should acknowledge that it is your choice and respect your right to choose for yourself. As for your ex, whilst your decision to not have sex obviously affects him directly, he doesn't sound like a nice person and as though he would have made a good life partner anyway, so he's better best forgotten! :yep:

I agree with what some others have said about praying for your future partner/spouse, and about trying to ensure before you enter into a relationship, that the person you are dating also does not believe in sex before marriage. Church youth groups or parishes with a younger crowd may be the way forward for you, in terms of finding someone suitable.

Keep praying and don't lose heart. As they say in The Sound of Music, "when the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window". So you never know - the right person may be right around the corner :biggrin: Just be proactive and keep seeking out new people to meet and become friends with, and keep praying about it.

Wishing you all the best :smile: It's certainly a tough age in which to remain a virgin until marriage. I'm a practising Catholic and I'm not sure I'll manage it to be honest (but I'm a lesbian and the Church won't recognise my marriage even if I *do* marry!). So hats off to you if you do manage it! :biggrin: Just keep praying and trying to discern what is the best path for you - no one can ask much more of you than that :h:

Hey! I was thinking about you. I was saying to myself where is The_Lonely_Goatherd? I need her wise input in this, that OP needs some Christians who are mature in the faith. I know we are all still learning with our journeys but I am facing some serious trials at the moment. (personal stuff)
Oh no, I just realised. I am very sorry if I had offended you or other Catholics as I know I had said some negative things about the Catholic Church. Catholics are still my brothers and sisters, we all are Christians and I love and respect you all equally- Catholics, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, Orthodox Christians- we all are one big family regardless of the differences as it's Jesus that matters...(love the family especially here on TSR :wink: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Can I just say, you're phenomenally amazing.
This is absolutely refreshing to see. :happy2:

Aah thank you I think it's about time people who believe in a religion should be akhowledged for their determination 😙
Hey! I was thinking about you. I was saying to myself where is The_Lonely_Goatherd? I need her wise input in this, that OP needs some Christians who are mature in the faith. I know we are all still learning with our journeys but I am facing some serious trials at the moment. (personal stuff)
Oh no, I just realised. I am very sorry if I had offended you or other Catholics as I know I had said some negative things about the Catholic Church. Catholics are still my brothers and sisters, we all are Christians and I love and respect you all equally- Catholics, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, Orthodox Christians- we all are one big family regardless of the differences as it's Jesus that matters...(love the family especially here on TSR :wink: )

Dw it's OK - there's a lot of misconceptions about Catholics out there and people just tend to believe whatever their ministers say about Catholics without looking properly into the issue, so it's probably not your fault if you've heard bad things about Catholics and accepted them as being truth :nah: Apology accepted :smile: Like you say, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and we need to support one another in our faith journeys! :smile:

I only just found this thread. I repped one of your posts :biggrin:

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some trials, Cherry - will include you in my prayers today :hugs:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

Resopons:

If Homos don't believe in God; why do they want to get married?
Dw it's OK - there's a lot of misconceptions about Catholics out there and people just tend to believe whatever their ministers say about Catholics without looking properly into the issue, so it's probably not your fault if you've heard bad things about Catholics and accepted them as being truth :nah: Apology accepted :smile: Like you say, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and we need to support one another in our faith journeys! :smile:

I only just found this thread. I repped one of your posts :biggrin:

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some trials, Cherry - will include you in my prayers today :hugs:

Yea, it's more to do with things such as infant baptism and praying to the Saints, along with praying to Mary the mother of Jesus. But thank you. I appreciated it x
Ah, it has been so difficult :cry2:. I really need prayers so many thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I know all things will get better as they always do. God bless you xx
Yea, it's more to do with things such as infant baptism and praying to the Saints, along with praying to Mary the mother of Jesus. But thank you. I appreciated it x
Ah, it has been so difficult :cry2:. I really need prayers so many thanks for keeping me in your prayers. I know all things will get better as they always do. God bless you xx

That's fairy snuff, I understand why Protestants struggle to see why we do certain things like those mentioned above. As long as we all remember that what we have in common is greater and more important than our differences and we don't hate or look down on others for being a different denomination, that's the main thing :h:

Big hugs to you and let me know if there's anything else I can do other than pray for you :penguinhug:
That's fairy snuff, I understand why Protestants struggle to see why we do certain things like those mentioned above. As long as we all remember that what we have in common is greater and more important than our differences and we don't hate or look down on others for being a different denomination, that's the main thing :h:

Big hugs to you and let me know if there's anything else I can do other than pray for you :penguinhug:

Yea, is it bad that I do not identify myself as anything other than Christian? I do not like the sub categories, I love sticking to Christian and sometimes not even Christian but just 'having a relationship with God'.
Like I attend Catholic churches, Pentecostal churches, Evangelical churches and even the Church of England lol but I enjoy each their individual attributes and differences to some extent. I was saying before to another user that I enjoy having the holy communion every week from Catholic churches since at the pentecostal churches it is once a month. But I equally enjoy the praise and worship sessions from Pentecostal churches too so I feel like it's the best of both worlds. My friend and I were discussing this and she told me I was doing wrong but bible does not say anything about this. I just love Jesus to be honest :biggrin: Most definitely :smile: Is it ok to PM you later on? I think I need your advice too but I can't share it on here x
Original post by TylerClementi
This is going to be a shocker for many Christians, but Biblical Wisdom sets you free [you will know the Truth John 8:31-32].
1) You can still have a sex-life and be chaste. Adam & Eve were considered 'married' when Adam broke Eves hymen with his Penis upon entry, de-virginising her. The release of blood at that moment represents a blood covenant to remain together for life, ask the Jews about this doctrine if you have any doubts. What we can infer from this is that 1st penetration of a mans penis is marriage in the sight of God, NOT a wedding in a church - which is just a party/ceremony. (even gays do that now).

If a man penetrates you with his finger, tongue or any other part of his body with your consent -IT IS ALLOWED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED A SACRED ACT!!!
The same is true with your mouth or any other orifice or passage way into your body that make avail for your partner (yes including the 'back door' as well) IT IS ALLOWED IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED A SACRED ACT!!! There is NO barrier (Hymen) there is NO blood (Sacrosanct).

Interesting. May I just ask though, in regards to your first statement brother, what about the women who do not have hymens? Also not to sound foul but what about those who bleed from fingering or the women who bleed after having their hymen's stretched from activities such as horse riding? I'm sure this is an issue bigger than just blood and bleeding.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yea, is it bad that I do not identify myself as anything other than Christian? I do not like the sub categories, I love sticking to Christian and sometimes not even Christian but just 'having a relationship with God'.
Like I attend Catholic churches, Pentecostal churches, Evangelical churches and even the Church of England lol but I enjoy each their individual attributes and differences to some extent. I was saying before to another user that I enjoy having the holy communion every week from Catholic churches since at the pentecostal churches it is once a month. But I equally enjoy the praise and worship sessions from Pentecostal churches too so I feel like it's the best of both worlds. My friend and I were discussing this and she told me I was doing wrong but bible does not say anything about this. I just love Jesus to be honest :biggrin: Most definitely :smile: Is it ok to PM you later on? I think I need your advice too but I can't share it on here x

You shouldn't really be receiving holy communion in Catholic churches if you are not baptised/first Holy Communion-ed Catholic :eek: :hmmm: :tongue: But that aside, I totally see what you mean. I think the sub categories are useful personally because then you know what everyone believes and where everyone stands on different things, but I see why others (particularly Protestants) do prefer to go without them.

Sure you can PM me. I'm out for dinner this evening but will respond when possible. I won't digress this thread any further with the whole Catholic-Protestant thing, so I suggest we leave that matter there :h:
You shouldn't really be receiving holy communion in Catholic churches if you are not baptised/first Holy Communion-ed Catholic :eek: :hmmm: :tongue: But that aside, I totally see what you mean. I think the sub categories are useful personally because then you know what everyone believes and where everyone stands on different things, but I see why others (particularly Protestants) do prefer to go without them.

Sure you can PM me. I'm out for dinner this evening but will respond when possible. I won't digress this thread any further with the whole Catholic-Protestant thing, so I suggest we leave that matter there :h:

Oh no I was baptised at infancy. I have also had my holy communion and recently my confirmation. Oh my goodness I loved it, it was like a wedding :biggrin: Lol I'm happy you understand me. Will do, woah no problem it's ok.
My main focus now is trying to sort some parts of my life out, listening to God and knowing what he wants me to do in some situations. But will PM you on this later x
Oh no I was baptised at infancy. I have also had my holy communion and recently my confirmation. Oh my goodness I loved it, it was like a wedding :biggrin: Lol I'm happy you understand me. Will do, woah no problem it's ok.
My main focus now is trying to sort some parts of my life out, listening to God and knowing what he wants me to do in some situations. But will PM you on this later x

Ah right, I get you now :biggrin: Thanks for clarifying.

Can be difficult to know what God wants, for sure :sadnod: Do PM me and I'll reply later on :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending