The Student Room Group

What is your favorite pet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fleming1928
It's okay, no worries :h:

Animal Farm was probably my favourite, since its focus was the Russian Revolution... which is, for me, one of the most intriguing historical events :smile:

I also enjoyed Of Mice and Men, as well as To Kill a Mockingbird :biggrin:

:smile:

Yeah same! I love the history of the Russian Revolution. I was so close to doing A level late History because it covers Tsarist and Communist Russia, but I didn't in the end. :frown: I'm more of a sciency person myself :biggrin:

Yeah I liked Of Mice and Men, it was a good book. Only issue for me was that the analysis of it went so deep that I just ended up hating it in the end! Hence why I didn't take English Language or Literature.

And I've only heard things about To Kill a Mockingbird. Good things. I'll have to give it a read! :biggrin:
Reply 61
ive never had a pet but if I could have one, itd either be a snake or a horse. I would love to have a snake though. :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
yeah we are where it's at :biggrin: i know ppl who are going out partying tonight *eww shudders and recoils* but we are far cooler with out saturday night animal puns we live (excuse the pun) wild :u:
:rock:

Hahahaha :biggrin:

Comrade Cavy is always right :u:
Original post by LBS_187
Hahahaha :biggrin:

Comrade Cavy is always right :u:

:lol::laugh: that one finished me off i actually laughed out loud :biggrin:
Parrots, forever and always. :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LBS_187
:smile:

Yeah same! I love the history of the Russian Revolution. I was so close to doing A level late History because it covers Tsarist and Communist Russia, but I didn't in the end. :frown: I'm more of a sciency person myself :biggrin:

Yeah I liked Of Mice and Men, it was a good book. Only issue for me was that the analysis of it went so deep that I just ended up hating it in the end! Hence why I didn't take English Language or Literature.

And I've only heard things about To Kill a Mockingbird. Good things. I'll have to give it a read! :biggrin:

I took history for AS, I'm currently doing it at A2! We learnt about the Russian Revolution for AS, unfortunately my teacher left, and got replaced by a teacher who knew nothing about the topic. The new teacher constantly kept telling us that it was bread that caused the revolution, and would lower our grades if we didn't mention bread in practice papers. We ended up not learning about quite a few subtopics. No wonder everyone failed :colonhash:

I too hate analysing books, it takes away all the fun of reading them. You should read To Kill a Mockingbird. The sequel came out recently too, but I haven't read it yet :frown:
:lol::laugh: that one finished me off i actually laughed out loud :biggrin:

:grin: I thought it was pretty good as well, if I may say so myself :lol:
Reply 67
Original post by LBS_187
:grin: I thought it was pretty good as well, if I may say so myself :lol:

it was indeed :biggrin:
Original post by ubisoft

cheetahs are wild animals not pets :colonhash:
Reply 70
cheetahs are wild animals not pets :colonhash:

What's the difference?
I took history for AS, I'm currently doing it at A2! We learnt about the Russian Revolution for AS, unfortunately my teacher left, and got replaced by a teacher who knew nothing about the topic. The new teacher constantly kept telling us that it was bread that caused the revolution, and would lower our grades if we didn't mention bread in practice papers. We ended up not learning about quite a few subtopics. No wonder everyone failed :colonhash:

I too hate analysing books, it takes away all the fun of reading them. You should read To Kill a Mockingbird. The sequel came out recently too, but I haven't read it yet :frown:

Really? Aww I'm sorry about that :frown: I had similar issues at GCSE, with teachers not knowing what on earth they're teaching, and other teachers leaving halfway through the year. How did you do at AS then? I'm hoping well, despite the issues :smile:

Yeah precisely! Couldn't have said it any better myself. And yes I must read To Kill a Mockingbird. I hope to some point soon. :smile:
Original post by ubisoft
What's the difference?

pet = domesticated for centuaries usually creates dependency on humans so cannot survive in the wild
Wild = not domesticated, just because it is born in captivity dosen't make it a pet, it might make it tame but it dosen't make it domesticated :colonhash:
i like birds and would like either a Harris hawk or a toucan
Reply 74
pet = domesticated for centuaries usually creates dependency on humans so cannot survive in the wild
Wild = not domesticated, just because it is born in captivity dosen't make it a pet, it might make it tame but it dosen't make it domesticated :colonhash:

There are cats and dogs in the wild
Original post by ubisoft
There are cats and dogs in the wild

yes but they are classed as 'feral' and are only there bc of human intervention.
Cheetahs however evolved in the wild and only became a 'pet' when some selfish pr*** strapped some leather around it's neck.
Original post by LBS_187
Really? Aww I'm sorry about that :frown: I had similar issues at GCSE, with teachers not knowing what on earth they're teaching, and other teachers leaving halfway through the year. How did you do at AS then? I'm hoping well, despite the issues :smile:

Yeah precisely! Couldn't have said it any better myself. And yes I must read To Kill a Mockingbird. I hope to some point soon. :smile:

This year all of my teachers kept leaving, I had at least one new teacher for each subject. About 4 teachers taught me history :s-smilie: In history, I got a C overall, which is just upsetting since I got an A* at GCSE. I will need to retake the AS modules, since I want to study a history and Russian joint honours at university :smile: Thank you for believing in me :biggrin:

It is an amazing book, I promise :smile:
Reply 77
Cheetahs however evolved in the wild and only became a 'pet' when some selfish pr*** strapped some leather around it's neck.

You know that's how the first animals were domesticated? "some selfish pr*** strapped some leather around it's neck"
This year all of my teachers kept leaving, I had at least one new teacher for each subject. About 4 teachers taught me history :s-smilie: In history, I got a C overall, which is just upsetting since I got an A* at GCSE. I will need to retake the AS modules, since I want to study a history and Russian joint honours at university :smile: Thank you for believing in me :biggrin:

It is an amazing book, I promise :smile:

That's really unlucky :frown: Ah don't worry, yes I do believe in you, you got an A* at GCSE as well, that's really good! I'm getting my history remarked as I was 2 marks off an A. So annoying :frown: I stuffed up one exam and got a C in it, and I had an A and an A* in the other two. Awful.

That sounds really cool! I hope you get onto that course :biggrin:
Original post by ubisoft
You know that's how the first animals were domesticated? "some selfish pr*** strapped some leather around it's neck"

yes, but attitudes were different then and wolves were numerous thousands of years ago, it is not acceptable now to take endangered animals out of their habitat.

Also people domesticated wolves for a purpose, hunting etc, not to drive around in a flash car saying 'look how tough i am'
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest