The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Albert95
Ahhh okay thanks :smile: Just saw your score and, I gotta say, it's very impressive :smile: Congratulations!

Thank you!! It was a huge increase from my score last year so I'm really happy :smile: It means I can actually apply to the grad entry courses!!
Original post by SummerSunshine
Thank you!! It was a huge increase from my score last year so I'm really happy :smile: It means I can actually apply to the grad entry courses!!

Hahahaha yeah the first time I took the UKCAT, which is on my final year of IB, I got an average of 603-ish lol. I'm so happy for you :smile: Where are you planning to apply?
Hahahaha yeah the first time I took the UKCAT, which is on my final year of IB, I got an average of 603-ish lol. I'm so happy for you :smile: Where are you planning to apply?

Ah I never took it at school! Possibly Warwick, Kings, Barts and Southampton. Although I may possibly change one of those for a 5 year course, I haven't decided yet! You?
Ah I never took it at school! Possibly Warwick, Kings, Barts and Southampton. Although I may possibly change one of those for a 5 year course, I haven't decided yet! You?

Well definitely Warwick, Kings and Barts but still undecided on the last one. I was leaning to either Imperial or UCL but I don't think I really want to do the BMAT so I'll probably just apply for a 5 year course
Hey, just thought i'd let anyone with weaker UKCAT scores know that I got only 607.5 last year but got offers from Keele and UEA (Norwich) as they take a much more rounded look at your whole application. Good luck!
Well definitely Warwick, Kings and Barts but still undecided on the last one. I was leaning to either Imperial or UCL but I don't think I really want to do the BMAT so I'll probably just apply for a 5 year course

Why not the other UKCAT unis? (Southampton and Newcastle) Ooh competition :P Just kidding- good luck!!
Why not the other UKCAT unis? (Southampton and Newcastle) Ooh competition :P Just kidding- good luck!!

Hahahahaha you're gonna crush my application lol :smile: Well I'm an international student so my choices are pretty much limited to the aforementioned 5 unis. Kinda suck to be honest but oh well it's life :tongue:

EDIT: Oh and thanks! Good luck to you too :smile:
does anyone know what the cut offs for southampton have been like?
Original post by xertyl
does anyone know what the cut offs for southampton have been like?

I can't find anything online, but I think last year it was around 720? The year before was higher because it was a very high scoring year. You might be able to find something more accurate if you spend a while on google but I couldn't find anything. It's likely to be between 700 and 750 (I know that's a wide range) though.
I can't find anything online, but I think last year it was around 720? The year before was higher because it was a very high scoring year. You might be able to find something more accurate if you spend a while on google but I couldn't find anything. It's likely to be between 700 and 750 (I know that's a wide range) though.

Ah thank you, was just wondering if I should risk it
Original post by xertyl
Ah thank you, was just wondering if I should risk it

What did you get??
Original post by xertyl

Oh I would expect that to be just about ok! :smile:
670 on ukcat. Worth applying to any grad unis or shall nphe apply to all undergrad unis? Thanks
Original post by AFC_123456789
670 on ukcat. Worth applying to any grad unis or shall nphe apply to all undergrad unis? Thanks

Do you satisfy the requirements for Bristol or Cambridge GEM? They don't use an entrance test. (Birmingham don't either, but unfortunately, you cannot apply whilst in your final undergrad year).
Hi Guys :-)

Are any of you applying to Barts? If so, does anyone know if the academics are based solely on your degree (or predicted degree grade), or if they look at your ucas tariff score for a levels etc?

Thanks!
Original post by Jodieee2994
Hi Guys :-)

Are any of you applying to Barts? If so, does anyone know if the academics are based solely on your degree (or predicted degree grade), or if they look at your ucas tariff score for a levels etc?

Thanks!

I'd love if it was both but I think it's just degree(s)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Clunkles
I'd love if it was both but I think it's just degree(s)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I'm the opposite, I just want them to look at my degree :P I've sent them an email so i'll post it on here when i know :-)
Original post by AClockworkOrange
Congrats on your fantastic score!

Any tips for QR? I am really struggling.
What revision materials did you use for it?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Thank you!

Tips: the standard, "flag, guess and move on" for the questions you struggle so that you make sure you bag all the easy questions which make up the majority of the exam. Also, get to grips with the calculator on the UKCAT website so you're familiar with it (if you use the calculator that is!).

Material... I used kaplan and medify which are both good representations. The official mocks are far too hard - mock C is the closest to the actual exam, but still more difficult in my opinion.

Be positive! Throughout the majority of my prep QR was my worst section - I've had some horrendous days with it but it was my highest score on the day! Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 2118
I'm so not positive about my resit on Thursday for UKCAT! I can't do anything! Does anyone have any resources they wouldn't mind letting me have a scan through as I have nothing left :-/

Also..... Please if someone has a list of guidance for our referees would you mind sharing??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2119
How low do you think is acceptable for a UKCAT score as a graduate if I'm applying to 5 year courses? Its tomorrow and I'm terrified I won't get high enough for GEM :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending