The Student Room Group

Physics Books?

Hi I am just looking for a few books to real during my free time I am very interested in quantum mechanics and astrophysics, mainly looking for e-books. Money is tight :wink:
Original post by jonnypdot
Hi I am just looking for a few books to real during my free time I am very interested in quantum mechanics and astrophysics, mainly looking for e-books. Money is tight :wink:
Are you on a course?

Do you have any particular books in mind?
Reply 3
no books in mind as of yet
no books in mind as of yet

Are you looking for academic books or do you want books for general reading? I might be able to suggest you some
Reply 5
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
Are you looking for academic books or do you want books for general reading? I might be able to suggest you some

general reading
Reply 7
A briefer history of time is pretty interesting not sure if there is an e-book for it tho
general reading

Original post by Cbla98
A briefer history of time is pretty interesting not sure if there is an e-book for it tho

I would say have a look at the A Very Short Introduction books by Oxford, they assume no previous knowledge of the field discussed and are written by experts. Here is the "A very short introduction to Cosmology" and here is the "A brief history of time."
Reply 9
Both of these are very nice books that I enjoyed reading. Definitely lighter material, so good for 'casual' reading :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending