The Student Room Group

Southampton BM5 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Price2
Hi, I'm a waiting-lister with an offer that I received today.

Does anyone have any information about private accommodation where I can rent with other medical students/students?

The course starts on Monday and this was, of course, very late notice!! Would greatly appreciate any help :smile:

If you haven't sorted somewhere out already, get onto the phone to university accommodation people. They have built more accommodation in the last year or so - they should easily be able to fit you into halls I believe. Even at such short notice.
Original post by Lionheartat20
If you haven't sorted somewhere out already, get onto the phone to university accommodation people. They have built more accommodation in the last year or so - they should easily be able to fit you into halls I believe. Even at such short notice.

Even those who got offers ages ago haven't all got accomodation :no:

@Price2 Look on the facebook groups and the uni's official accomodation forums (links on the uni website for accomodation), otherwise the uni should be able to point you in the right direction. :yes:
Original post by Neostigmine
Even those who got offers ages ago haven't all got accomodation :no:

@Price2 Look on the facebook groups and the uni accomodation forums, otherwise the uni should be able to point you in the right direction. :yes:

Really? What happened to all the spare accommodation they were talking about :colone: I remember them informally saying we could be able to stay in halls for another year (if you wanted) because they built so much more accommodation! That didn't go to plan then?
On the plus, if you're coming down to Southampton today Freshers, the weather is nice! Back to the usual rain tomorrow :tongue:
Really? What happened to all the spare accommodation they were talking about :colone: I remember them informally saying we could be able to stay in halls for another year (if you wanted) because they built so much more accommodation! That didn't go to plan then?
On the plus, if you're coming down to Southampton today Freshers, the weather is nice! Back to the usual rain tomorrow :tongue:

They offer it but not everyone gets it. There are lots of people on Facebook looking for accomodation.:sadnod: They built it, but it's full so there is a waiting list.

I live full time in Southampton so am enjoying the weather but am definitely avoiding freshers! Not getting freshers flu thank you very much!! Off to OH to get my free jab asap!
They offer it but not everyone gets it. There are lots of people on Facebook looking for accomodation.:sadnod: They built it, but it's full so there is a waiting list.

I live full time in Southampton so am enjoying the weather but am definitely avoiding freshers! Not getting freshers flu thank you very much!! Off to OH to get my free jab asap!

I emailed occupational health re: winter flu jab last Thursday but no reply as of yet. You booked one already?
I emailed occupational health re: winter flu jab last Thursday but no reply as of yet. You booked one already?

They only arrived today. They won't give it to you unless you're imminently on placement so you might not qualify.

I went today and I had one woman say, no, two say yes, and then a final woman have a huge go at me for asking saying that if I didn't have a uniform (>!?!?!?!) they wouldn't give me one. They don't like giving it to students so it depends who you get on the day it would seem!

In short - I'm off to Tesco to get it for £10!
They only arrived today. They won't give it to you unless you're imminently on placement so you might not qualify.

I went today and I had one woman say, no, two say yes, and then a final woman have a huge go at me for asking saying that if I didn't have a uniform (>!?!?!?!) they wouldn't give me one. They don't like giving it to students so it depends who you get on the day it would seem!

In short - I'm off to Tesco to get it for £10!

They did get back to me today and said:
"We are offering a drop in flu jab service for all uhs employees and students who are on placement - Monday to Friday between 8.00 and 3.45"

Our placements don't start until January and I plan to work in a GP surgery over Christmas so that's of no use to me in terms of waiting.
It does seem penny-pinching when we are told how important it is to get vaccinated to reduce the risk to elderly people.

I'll also be going to Tesco's or elsewhere (Will double check they are among the cheapest first!)
Hey guys,

What was the UKCAT cut off last year???
Hey Im applying this year as a grad to southampton BM5 - did you not need chemistry A Level?
Thats amazing to still get an offer so late!!

Well done

Original post by Price2
I'm a graduate, so I have a 2:1 degree in Psychology. My A levels were ABBB (Psych, Maths, Biology, and General Studies).

My GCSEs were A*A*A*AAAABB.
UKCAT was dead on 700, band 1.
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey guys,

Could anyone answer this question? In addition to that could you share any info how they shortlost applicants for interview ?
Thanks
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey guys,

They're saying above 2500 "in general" but it was 2800 the year before.

Original post by anvar333
Could anyone answer this question? In addition to that could you share any info how they shortlost applicants for interview ?
Thanks

It's all done by UKCAT.
Top scorers get interviews.
They're saying above 2500 "in general" but it was 2800 the year before.

It's all done by UKCAT.
Top scorers get interviews.

thanks
Hi guys

I have made a thread for this years entry if anyone wants to join:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3628221&p=59713509#post59713509

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending