The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's not all bad, you're up to 13th. Pulls you clear of the relegation zone a bit.

4 wins in 16 for Brenton now though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
It's not all bad, you're up to 13th. Pulls you clear of the relegation zone a bit.

4 wins in 16 for Brenton now though.

How much time do you think Rodgers has left if things don't improve?
Original post by samir12
How much time do you think Rodgers has left if things don't improve?

I'm still shocked you didn't get rid of him in the summer. With Klopp basically begging for the LFC job surely you'll have to pull the trigger soon? You need a convincing win at home to Villa next week because your fixtures don't look good after that. Everton, Spurs, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace, City. Even the most optimistic LFC fan would struggle to see more than 2 wins out of that.

I think he'll be gone by January.
(edited 8 years ago)
I think you guys can win the league...
Original post by drewBusby
I think you guys can win the league...

Are you referring to the ''Alternative Premier League'' that RAWK draw up every season, with Liverpool always in 1st?
Reply 185
Bye Rodgers. Can't remember the last time fans booed a performance at Anfield.

4 wins in our last 15 Premier League games.
Original post by sr90
I'm still shocked you didn't get rid of him in the summer. With Klopp basically begging for the LFC job surely you'll have to pull the trigger soon? You need a convincing win at home to Villa next week because your fixtures don't look good after that. Everton, Spurs, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace, City. Even the most optimistic LFC fan would struggle to see more than 2 wins out of that.

Think Rodgers got away with the sack with all the transfer commitee signings being forced on him, this time he has no card to play.

Yh, even before the season, looking at that fixture list I said he could easily be sacked by the end of the year. It seems like he will with the way things are going.
Original post by samir12
Think Rodgers got away with the sack with all the transfer commitee signings being forced on him, this time he has no card to play.

Yh, even before the season, looking at that fixture list I said he could easily be sacked by the end of the year. It seems like he will with the way things are going.

He has always said he had the final say on who is in and out no excuse
Original post by samir12

What is the general mood at Anfield like? If he loses the match going fans he's as good as gone.
Remember when I said Rodgers was a fraud last year and apparently it was "too early".
Original post by sr90
What is the general mood at Anfield like? If he loses the match going fans he's as good as gone.

We shall see, I'm going on Wednesday - if we don't beat Carlisle there will probably be riots.

The mood wasn't good in the West Ham game for obvious reasons.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
We shall see, I'm going on Wednesday - if we don't beat Carlisle there will probably be riots.

The mood wasn't good in the West Ham game for obvious reasons.

If you lose to Carlisle he'll be sacked the next morning, surely?

Remember you losing to Northampton under Woy, albeit with your reserves. Just play the first team and get the win.
Reply 192
Original post by sr90

Klopp said he was going to take a break so I don't think he wanted a job at the start of the summer when we would've made a change.

Original post by sr90
Are you referring to the ''Alternative Premier League'' that RAWK draw up every season, with Liverpool always in 1st?

The Alternative Table is actually pretty clever and makes more sense then how people get overexcited about the actual table at the start of the season. There is an element of harder/easier fixtures. Liverpool's poor form in the table is reflected in the Alternative Table too.
We created 3 good chances. That's all. This was a shocking performance. Milner was AWFUL. Coutinho horrendously wasteful as usual.

But no dw 99% of our fanbase will continue jizzing about Coutinho.
Reply 194
Original post by The.Joker
Milner and especially Coutinho really should have scored. Well done on Ings to get a goal, was a good finish. The players really need to focus on their finishing as well as passing. There were quite a few stray passes today and Milner's corners were terrible for the most part too.

Milner seems to have tailed off since the start of the season. His set pieces were terrible today.

Can might not make it as a CM.. today he kept thinking he had all the time in the world which either put pressure on him or he lost the ball.

Coutinho was trying too hard to score when it wasn't always the right option.

Moreno was the best player on the pitch today for me. Shows you the massive difference between him and Gomez in an attacking sense for certain games.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
We created 3 good chances. That's all. This was a shocking performance. Milner was AWFUL. Coutinho horrendously wasteful as usual.

But no dw 99% of our fanbase will continue jizzing about Coutinho.

So did we but difference is we are efficient.
Original post by Zerforax
Klopp said he was going to take a break so I don't think he wanted a job at the start of the summer when we would've made a change..

Where do you stand on Rodgers?
I fell asleep in the first half.
Woke up now to see that things didn't get better.

Can't even beat Norwich at home.
How does that excuse of a manager have a job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember when Rodgers was the greatest English manager of his generation - when he was the "carefully chosen one"
Reply 199
Original post by The Shed End
Remember when Rodgers was the greatest English manager of his generation - when he was the "carefully chosen one"

not sheriff srs

Latest