How to start wearing makeup?

yes im a guy. What should I buy etc :colondollar:
Eyeliner is usually a good start! 😊
Original post by Ellie96
Eyeliner is usually a good start! 😊

What kind?
Original post by CorbynsConcubine
What kind?

It's honestly down to a matter of preference, some prefer pencil over liquid or gel but personally I prefer liquid with a felt pen applicator because I find it more precise than a brush. You'll just have to do trial and error! Also, I find Rimmel as a brand to be pretty good :biggrin:
Original post by Ellie96
It's honestly down to a matter of preference, some prefer pencil over liquid or gel but personally I prefer liquid with a felt pen applicator because I find it more precise than a brush. You'll just have to do trial and error! Also, I find Rimmel as a brand to be pretty good :biggrin:

Does liquid tug on your eyes? It looks hard but I will try :biggrin: Which Rimmel one? Thanks!
Does liquid tug on your eyes? It looks hard but I will try :biggrin: Which Rimmel one? Thanks!

Not in my experience! And it does take some practice, I did start with pencil (which is good for a smokey eye and the like) but once you get liquid down, it looks so much better! I use scandaleyes micro eyeliner (which looks more like a pen) or Exaggerate eyeliner (which lasts longer in my opinion but is slightly more difficult to get used to), both are good :u:
Original post by Ellie96
Not in my experience! And it does take some practice, I did start with pencil (which is good for a smokey eye and the like) but once you get liquid down, it looks so much better! I use scandaleyes micro eyeliner (which looks more like a pen) or Exaggerate eyeliner (which lasts longer in my opinion but is slightly more difficult to get used to), both are good :u:

OK I'll try those out what other stuff should I get? :smile: Foundation or concealer?
OK I'll try those out what other stuff should I get? :smile: Foundation or concealer?

If you want full coverage, I recommend Rimmel match perfection liquid foundation (Many shades, so you'll be able to easily find one for your skin tone!) but for lighter coverage and something that feels a bit more 'breathable'on the skin I'd say go for a bb cream, it also looks more natural! Also, if it has SPF, that's a bonus! Concealer is the same, focus on finding one that matches your skin tone.
Mascara is also an essential, great for those casual days too.
I recommend having a neutral eyeshadow palette as well as a bold one, just for whatever suits your mood or the occasion!
And lip stick, lip gloss, lip stains.. Just look around and see what you like :biggrin:
Original post by Ellie96
If you want full coverage, I recommend Rimmel match perfection liquid foundation (Many shades, so you'll be able to easily find one for your skin tone!) but for lighter coverage and something that feels a bit more 'breathable'on the skin I'd say go for a bb cream, it also looks more natural! Also, if it has SPF, that's a bonus! Concealer is the same, focus on finding one that matches your skin tone.
Mascara is also an essential, great for those casual days too.
I recommend having a neutral eyeshadow palette as well as a bold one, just for whatever suits your mood or the occasion!
And lip stick, lip gloss, lip stains.. Just look around and see what you like :biggrin:

Thanks what BB cream should I get? My girl friends all wear foundations but they look so heavy :colondollar:

Lipstick seems fun :biggrin: thinking of orange or red!
Thanks what BB cream should I get? My girl friends all wear foundations but they look so heavy :colondollar:

Lipstick seems fun :biggrin: thinking of orange or red!

I think the one I have is Rimmel and it's quite alright and it really doesn't look heavy! The shade might look a bit 'off' when you first put it on but let it dry and within a few minutes, you're done! Shop around for ones you may like though, shade wise and brand wise/price wise! Rimmel is pretty budget but if you want to spend more then Mac's bb cream is meant to be good :smile:

And as a lover of red lipstick, I say go for it and the orange! Try out new looks! Experiment. That's why make up is fun :biggrin:
Original post by Ellie96
I think the one I have is Rimmel and it's quite alright and it really doesn't look heavy! The shade might look a bit 'off' when you first put it on but let it dry and within a few minutes, you're done! Shop around for ones you may like though, shade wise and brand wise/price wise! Rimmel is pretty budget but if you want to spend more then Mac's bb cream is meant to be good :smile:

And as a lover of red lipstick, I say go for it and the orange! Try out new looks! Experiment. That's why make up is fun :biggrin:

Do you have to get a BB cream in the exact shade or can you get one slightly off because it's quite light? I will look for that?

It seems fun yes :biggrin: been watching tutorials!
Do you have to get a BB cream in the exact shade or can you get one slightly off because it's quite light? I will look for that?

It seems fun yes :biggrin: been watching tutorials!

I tend to find that finding a shade that matches the back of your hand is generally one to go for, just rub it in a bit to get a more accurate representation of what it would look like :smile:

Tutorials will become one of your best friends in terms of finding new looks, also following make up artists on instagram is good for ideas!
Original post by Ellie96
I tend to find that finding a shade that matches the back of your hand is generally one to go for, just rub it in a bit to get a more accurate representation of what it would look like :smile:

Tutorials will become one of your best friends in terms of finding new looks, also following make up artists on instagram is good for ideas!

Any tutorials you would recommend? (or instagram artists)

Any tutorials you would recommend? (or instagram artists)

I like Michelle Phan's tutorials and KathleenLights and on instagram JohannaHerrstedt (more of a general blogger but she does a lot of beauty stuff) and Annakarinhell :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest