The Student Room Group

Your best beauty tip

Scroll to see replies

To remove gel eyeliner, put some Vaseline on a cotton bud and rub it over what you want to get rid of- it should come right off without giving you panda eyes. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always. Always thoroughly remove make up properly. Less wrinkles in the long term and a fresher face.

Never forget to blend as OP says!

And personally, light make up is best *personally!*

And....Look after your lips. Even if it is just simple vaseline :h:
Reply 22
Vitamin A + coconut oil on eyelashes
Highlighter in the inner eye corners and on cupid's bow
(edited 8 years ago)
don't overpluck the eyebrows. Just don't go there. Wish someone had told me this when I was 14.
Original post by lyrical_lie
Oooo I shall have to try it out! Mine are so short lol!

Do it before bed (upper and lower eyelashes) then wash them out in the morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
coconut oil can be used as practically anything.
If you cut your hair really short, it doesn't need washing as much. :fyi:
Use almond oil to moisturise your skin. Speaking of moisturising, make sure you do it as soon as you get out of the bath/shower because your pores are open meaning they will absorb the moisture more readily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
smile and laugh :biggrin:
Youre never fully dressed without a smile
- Annie :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Proper BB (blemish balm) cream. It was invented in South Korea to cover up the scars from the plastic surgery that is so popular there. If your cream calls itself "beauty balm", or, even worse, "CC cream", chuck it. Real "blemish balm" can cover up anything.

Sleep! Sleep, sleep, and then sleep some more.

Original post by lyrical_lie
Does that actually make them longer? :smile:

Coconut oil also works! I use it and my eyelashes are thicker and look much better. I can definitely tell the difference when I stopped using it. My eyelashes would fall out more :frown:

Original post by Kirsten Supine

Proper BB (blemish balm) cream. It was invented in South Korea to cover up the scars from the plastic surgery that is so popular there. If your cream calls itself "beauty balm", or, even worse, "CC cream", chuck it. Real "blemish balm" can cover up anything.

Are there any proper BB creams from UK brands?

My beauty tip would be oil cleansing for the face and seche vite topcoat on the nails. It gives you a really glossy finish and prevents chips :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Moisturise your hands! I know it sounds odd, but I work in a clinical role for the NHS and am always washing my hands. I do carry a tiny bottle of moisturising cream in my uniform pocket but barely get to use it at work. Anyway, my hands get horribly dry and it doesn't go unnoticed by others, they actually look ugly and I get so embarrassed. The skin on my hands sometimes gets so dry that it cracks and it's horrible! So, basically, moisturise your hands! It's probably something that gets forgotten about very easily.
Also, moisturise your underarms properly too. Sounds odd, but I'm always shaving there and think I've developed eczema there, it's horrible and I always want to scratch my underarms but can't around others.
Ooo, put a bit of oil in your hair when it's coming close to being dry after you've washed it-my hair gets so dry, maybe 'cos I can't help but love dyeing in purple (Although I've only done that about 3 times over the past year or 2 but still). I use Argon oil and am hoping if I do it often enough, it'll help prevent the hair loss I've been experiencing recently.
I normally put lip balm on my lips and moisturising cream on my hands before I get into bed so it can work well overnight x
Reply 33
No make-up, keep natural and have a smile on my face. :yep:
Reply 34
You are what you eat.

And stay out of the sun for god's sake English folks.
Take your make up off before bed, no matter what.
Eat well, smile often, and keep yourself hydrated (carry a bottle of water with you pretty much everywhere).
Reply 37
Don't get too fat or too thin.
Original post by Kirsten Supine

Can confirm, I order my BB cream from Korea. For one because nowhere else matches my skin tone. And secondly they are just miles ahead of us and much better at skin care and makeup.
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Coconut oil also works! I use it and my eyelashes are thicker and look much better. I can definitely tell the difference when I stopped using it. My eyelashes would fall out more :frown:

Are there any proper BB creams from UK brands?

My beauty tip would be oil cleansing for the face and seche vite topcoat on the nails. It gives you a really glossy finish and prevents chips :smile:

Honestly I'd just order some from Korea online. Many offer free postage and it ends up being no more expensive than buying a bb cream from superdrug or boots. But it's by far so much better.

I personally use Missha Perfect Signature in #13 the lightest shade. I buy it off ebay from a seller who sells loads of korean cosmetics and skin care. Also whenever you buy something from them they also always give cute little samples of other korean cosmetics and skin care. They're very lovely sellers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending