The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
Original post by Excuse Me!
Really? You'd think they would change the main event.

This is my first wwe event so am just am looking forward to seeing Big Show for his sheer size. Will be more impressive in person im sure.

If you're lucky maybe you'll see a Cesaro swing!

Hope Barrett/Neville are there just to hear the hometown pop!

Last year, at Birmingham, the line-up was:

Sheamus def. The Miz
Los Matadores (w/El Torito) def. Health Slater and Titus O'Neil (w/Hornswoggle)
AJ Lee def. Nikki Bella and Paige
Jack Swagger def. Damien Mizdow
Mark Henry def. Xavier Woods
Rusev and Big Show ended in a DQ
John Cena def. Seth Rollins

There was a show in Ireland the same night, which had Neville, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Ryback, The Usos, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Stardust on the card.

Hopefully they mix it up this year. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan were injured last year, too, so it would be good to see them around.
Original post by Mackay
Last year, at Birmingham, the line-up was:

Sheamus def. The Miz
Los Matadores (w/El Torito) def. Health Slater and Titus O'Neil (w/Hornswoggle)
AJ Lee def. Nikki Bella and Paige
Jack Swagger def. Damien Mizdow
Mark Henry def. Xavier Woods
Rusev and Big Show ended in a DQ
John Cena def. Seth Rollins

There was a show in Ireland the same night, which had Neville, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Ryback, The Usos, Kane, Bray Wyatt, Stardust on the card.

Hopefully they mix it up this year. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan were injured last year, too, so it would be good to see them around.

What did you think of the show overall? Best match (expect it was Rollins/Cena)

So weird remembering Big Show was face and AJ Lee was still champ.

Saw Daniel Bryan was added to the card somewhere in the UK. Hopefully that was not a mistake. Ortons been rumoured to take time off too which would be annoying
Oh man last time I went was in 2008. 7 years ago. o.o

Only ones that are left from my time is Triple H, (well takers gone) and Kofi Kingston and Kane.
Please Be Kane Please Be Kane Please Be Kane Please Be Kane Please Be Kane Please Be Kane Please Be Kane.

Edit: God damn it, even that fan was more interesting.
(edited 8 years ago)
When is he going to officially retire...
Love the way they just announce the Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar Hell in a Cell match so casually.

No massive brawl or segment leading to it, just an advert.

Hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Edit: God damn it, this was supposed to be in caps.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Longshot700

Hhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllll yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

:smile:

Also that was an absolutely awful PPV. Not surprised though. I'll just end up tuning for HIAC anyways,..
Original post by AR_95
:smile:

Also that was an absolutely awful PPV. Not surprised though. I'll just end up tuning for HIAC anyways,..

God I'm so flaming happy.

Was actually shouting yes, yes, yes. Didn't even hear the pyros cos I was looking at my laptop. Just saw the screen went red and his theme struck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyway I'm gonna get some sleep.

Can finally watch wrestling happy now.
Original post by Mackay
Unless you're going to be constructive, please don't quote me. Getting notifications is very annoying when the post turns out to be some ****-for-brains theory, desire or prediction.

omgz why you bein mean to longshot you just arguin with everyone and not contributin
Legend.

Reply 3514
A PPV full of lowlights and highlights.

The kick-off show was good, with the Cosmic Wasteland and Neville/Lucha Dragons giving us a fun bout. That's what the kick-off shows should be used for: fast-paced, frenetic action with the right amount of storytelling.

To start with a title change was very clever from WWE. It made the viewers excited, and Owens has such a high ceiling as a heel in the company that it seems ridiculous not to give him a midcard title right now. Ryback has been a great IC Champ, and I'm sure he'll get a run with the strap again. They had great chemistry and this is just the first instalment of that feud, though.

The New Day against the Dudley Boyz was exactly how I expected it to go, and Reigns/Ambrose's partner was always going to be one from Kane, Chris Jericho and Randy Orton. Booking the Wyatt Family so strong was shrewd, though. They look unstoppable forces - and that's an intriguing proposition considering you had Bray in purgatory and no man's land creatively a few months ago without Harper and Rowan.

The less said about the Rusev/Ziggler angle the better, but it was a solid bout which looks like it will just run and run and run unfortunately. I didn't enjoy the WWE World Heavyweight Championship ending, either. Sting put in a much, much greater performance than he did against Triple H at WM31. He was always going to take a loss, though.

It makes no sense to give Kane such prominence. We've seen him and Big Show take up prominent roles in decisive finishes for so long. It's simply not on. It's time for the company to move on and break this rut.

The US Championship match was a match-of-the-year contender. Cena and Rollins have great chemistry and they outdid all their previous work here. Likewise, seeing Charlotte win and celebrate with Ric Flair tearfully was a once-in-a-generation moment.
I went to a WWE show at the O2 once and some woman was walking down the steps with a tray of drinks right as Kane's pyro hit. She dropped them and fell down the stairs. I couldn't stop laughing. In fairness, it's so loud in the building when that stuff goes off it does make you jump out your skin even when you know it's coming!!
Reply 3516
Original post by AR_95
When is he going to officially retire...

This.
Oh man, Rumours going around that this may be Kane's final run.

I gotta get tickets to see him before he retires. I'll forever regret this if I don't.
Think they should have let Shaemus cash in. Let Shaemus have his mini title run up until the royal rumble where he drops. Meanwhile Rollins can be busy with Kane and (HHH?) up until the Rumble, where he wins and reclaims the title at WM32.

Got a good feeling that Rollins will be face the upcoming few months
I thought it was a pretty solid PPV compared to some other atrocities this year (Fastlane, Payback). I liked the double main event concept, and Rollins' match with Cena was very good. There's nothing else now to prove that Rollins is the best wrestler in WWE, and anyone who says otherwise needs to get their heads checked - he's got it all, the talent, the promo skills, and the credibility. I could see him being a great baby-face too, a bit like how Shawn Michaels was in WWE.

Quick Reply

Latest