The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TM23
True muslim is someone who doesn't kill innocent people and make women their slaves
A true muslim male respects women
A true muslim doea not force everyone to follow islam
A true muslim tries to make peace instead of causing destruction
A true muslim helps orphans, not kill their parents

Muhammed killed people and kept slaves. So he wasn't a true muslim?
Reply 141
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Muhammed killed people and kept slaves. So he wasn't a true muslim?

Muhammed never killed anyone

Muhammed freed slaves

Research and you will know the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TM23

Mohammed killed or ordered the killings of many people, often for trivial reasons. A few examples are Asma bint Marwan (for writing poetry that opposed Mohammed0, Al Nadr ibn al-Harith (for mocking Mohammed), Uqba bin Abu Muayt (for throwing animal entrails at Mohammed), Khalid ibn Sufyan (on hearsay evidence only).

You are quite right that research often penetrates the lies that are told and gets to the truth.
(edited 8 years ago)
Every individual is different. We can be called 'Muslims' as a whole but there are people who are Muslims but do not know the meaning of being one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TM23

Muhammed freed slaves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes he did, directly and indirectly. And he kept slaves, I think it's you who has to do the research on your own prophet.
Reply 145
Original post by TM23

Muhammed freed slaves

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stop using taqyya. We all know about the BanuQuarayzu affair and how he ordered to kill rivlar prophet (Musaylimah the Liar). Your culture is primitive and backward, so you are not keen enought to lie well.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Now you've moved the goal posts

and thrown in a personal attack as well

I haven't moved goalposts! Re-read the initial post. You put words into my mouth, or deduced very poorly.
Original post by ZolaCFC25
I haven't moved goalposts! Re-read the initial post. You put words into my mouth, or deduced very poorly.

Yes you have.

but anyone who thinks it's OK for themselves or other people to murder someone by stoning them they is an extremist

You think it's OK for other people do you not?
Yes you have.

but anyone who thinks it's OK for themselves or other people to murder someone by stoning them they is an extremist

You think it's OK for other people do you not?

If everyone in a country agrees that adulterers should be stoned, then they are not extreme. It's a cultural norm. Adulterers are not morally innocent and they can stop cheating, unlike homosexuals and disabled people.

So no, it is not always extreme. I didn't say it was OK for other people to do it because I disagree with it. The question is whether it was extreme.

Can you last one post without trying to speak on behalf with utter tripe. Your username sums you up but anyone would be able to get the gist with my initial post so don't waste my time by manipulating my words for the kick you get out of it online. Pretty sad.
If everyone in a country agrees that adulterers should be stoned, then they are not extreme

Yes they are

this is where you are making your mistake
Yes they are

this is where you are making your mistake

So when capital punishment was the norm in the West, everyone was extreme? Pfft.
So when capital punishment was the norm in the West, everyone was extreme? Pfft.

We are talking about people picking up stones and throwing them at someone till they are dead.

I am sure this has never been a punishment it the 'west'

Moving the goal posts again though I see
We are talking about people picking up stones and throwing them at someone till they are dead.

I am sure this has never been a punishment it the 'west'

Moving the goal posts again though I see

Something everyone agrees with is not extreme. What goal posts? It's a simple comparison. How is capital punishment that much better than stoning someone to death anyway? Both are detestable in my opinion.
Something everyone agrees with is not extreme. What goal posts? It's a simple comparison. How is capital punishment that much better than stoning someone to death anyway? Both are detestable in my opinion.

Sorry to break it to you but yes it is.

Not it's not a comparison (google cruel and unusual punishment)

but if it's detestable don't make excuses or dismiss how extreme it actually is
Original post by HattoriHanzo7

Saying you're something doesn't make it a fact

That is true. In this case, however, there is a clear definition of what constitutes a Moslem, agreed by Moslems throughout the world, and IS members meet it fully.
Original post by Good bloke
That is true. In this case, however, there is a clear definition of what constitutes a Moslem, agreed by Moslems throughout the world, and IS members meet it fully.

Ehh ... how do IS meet it fully..fails me?
Original post by JewsMustDie

All wars are to the benefit of the Jews and Israel

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to the causes of this sample of wars that were so much to the benefit of the Jews: Soviet invasion of Afghanistan (1979-89), Vietnam War (1955-75), the Iran-Iraq War (1980-88), the Biafran War (1967-70), the Bangladesh Liberation War (1971), the Second Congo War (1998-2003).
Reply 157
Original post by HattoriHanzo7
If I say I'm santa claus, does that make me santa claus? Muppet

Saying you're something doesn't make it a fact, not a difficult concept.

That makes no sense. If people choose to follow islam then they are muslims even if you disagree with the interpretation they follow.
Why do Christians preach tolerance and then actively discriminate against gays and lgbt peopel?

Dont know other religions well enough but i am sure you could find loads of examples of religious hypocrisy thrpugh all of them.

The issie is that religion is not a concise set of rules that people follow to the letter. Religious people and especially leaders areconstantly changing the rules to suit whatever their personal motives are at that particular time.
Original post by Good bloke

That's not true at all, the actions of a minority like IS don't constitute to what a Muslim is. And Muslims throughout the world certainly don't condone what IS do or their morals at all.
I'd like to know what you perceive as a clear definition of a Muslim.