The Student Room Group

Good sixth forms in London

Ok, I know I've posted a similar post before - but that was a couple of months ago.....
Anyway..... I'm a girl... I live in London and I want to apply to a range of sixth forms for next September. My predicted grades are 8 A*/As and 2 A/Bs and I'm doing add maths as well.
On top of just a few good sixth forms (state or independent), are any particularly renowned for doing well in maths/sciences....
Thanks guys,

Scroll to see replies

Bump
UCL sixth formis a STEM school, and they've got great resources for maths and science subjects.

Here are other good sixth forms in London:
Mill Hill
Henrietta Barnett
Woodhouse

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Dominics
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Ok, I know I've posted a similar post before - but that was a couple of months ago.....
Anyway..... I'm a girl... I live in London and I want to apply to a range of sixth forms for next September. My predicted grades are 8 A*/As and 2 A/Bs and I'm doing add maths as well.
On top of just a few good sixth forms (state or independent), are any particularly renowned for doing well in maths/sciences....
Thanks guys,

I went to leyton sixth form, their science department is great and they have alooot of support for maths. Would recommend it. I managed to achieve very good grades also. Check out their website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I would say Mill Hill, since thats my sixth form :biggrin: for AS I was doing 2 sciences, biology and chemistry and the way they taught us was really helpful in my opinion. You'll for sure get great grades if science is your thing.
Reply 6
Woodford County Girls
Original post by ivy.98
I would say Mill Hill, since thats my sixth form :biggrin: for AS I was doing 2 sciences, biology and chemistry and the way they taught us was really helpful in my opinion. You'll for sure get great grades if science is your thing.

Mill Hill school or Mill Hill County?
Reply 8
st dominics in harrow- 2nd best in the country
Original post by ivy.98

Is this mill hill county or mill hill private
Reply 10
Mill Hill school or Mill Hill County?

Original post by hexagonalRod
Is this mill hill county or mill hill private

Mill Hill School, private
Original post by Zakmoh15

yep my 6th form :cool:
Original post by nineteenone
UCL sixth formis a STEM school, and they've got great resources for maths and science subjects.

Here are other good sixth forms in London:
Mill Hill
Henrietta Barnett
Woodhouse

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm probably going to also apply to HB (if I don't get into the private schools) and my current school does better than Woodhouse so my mum doesn't want me to move.
Original post by Zakmoh15

No it isn't... Where's that figure from.....?
Top 2 state schools are QE boys and Pate's Grammar... and top non selective schools are Yavneh and Hasmonean
Depends what part of London, I go to a grammar school in Kent and we have quite a few that get the train to school from London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WannabeDoctor98
Depends what part of London, I go to a grammar school in Kent and we have quite a few that get the train to school from London

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in North West London, so Kent's a bit far.... The furthest I'd go is around the Thames I guess...
Reply 16
everything in harrow (colleges/ attached to high schools) is ****... don't screw yourself over, except whitmore maybe

st doms and woodhouse sound good but i know people who went there and didnt like it

i heard watford grammar is really good
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Can i just add that Nower Hill is actually better than Whitmore and if it only took in the A* and A students from the lower school that Saint Dominics do it would actually have a higher success rate at a level. if you only measure those students:wink:

Saint doms is quite good although if you're grades drop they're rebound for kicking you out.
The teaching at NHHS is very very good and i really recommend it.
No it isn't... Where's that figure from.....?
Top 2 state schools are QE boys and Pate's Grammar... and top non selective schools are Yavneh and Hasmonean

http://www.stdoms.ac.uk/2015/06/st-dominics-2nd-best-college-in-daily-telegraph-league-table-2013/
Original post by z33
everything in harrow (colleges/ attached to high schools) is ****... don't screw yourself over, except whitmore maybe

st doms and woodhouse sound good but i know people who went there and didnt like it
oh and harrow school is well posh and for clever people
i heard watford grammar is really good

Casually pointing out that this thread was more for girls schools/coed .... Unless when I go to pee in a couple of minutes I find out I'm a boy - Not likely....

Quick Reply

Latest