The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sweet n Sour
It was written in English but the grammar is disgusting.

The grammar is actually very good, but I suggest you cease the personal attacks and start making cogent points.
Original post by queen-bee
Everyone was saying he's black and maybe that's what he identifies as,otherwise they would've called him an Arab. Also isn't Sudan in Africa? So maybe that's why

Lol did you just say that he's black because he's from a country in Africa?

*facepalms*

That would get you utterly killed in Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia...sounds like something a racist Lebanese person would say: you're black if you're in Africa, you're black if you don't have fair skin. In much need of an encyclopaedia. For Diddy Dec to quote you is worrying.

Done with this thread.
Everyone was saying he's black and maybe that's what he identifies as,otherwise they would've called him an Arab. Also isn't Sudan in Africa? So maybe that's why

Sudan is indeed in Africa.

EDIT: post 1000 hit!
Looks like everybody on social media need an education in what is black? Because everybody said he's black including the Asian and whites and Arabs and blacks themselves

Link? :h:

And oh yes. Social media. The official educational reference.

If people are saying he is black, people say black to make a better point at racism.
We all know when it's convenient people claim black.
Reply 984
What do they say oh wise one?

Original post by DiddyDec
Assumptions are the mother of all ****-ups.

i thought the saying was "when you assume you make an ass out of u and me"
Lol did you just say that he's black because he's from a country in Africa?

*facepalms*

That would get you utterly killed in Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia...sounds like something a racist Lebanese person would say: you're black if you're in Africa, you're black if you don't have fair skin. In much need of an encyclopaedia. For Diddy Dec to quote you is worrying.

Done with this thread.

What's the issues with being black? If he identifies as black that's up to him
Original post by Good bloke
Read more carefully. I said from the start that he probably has Arab blood. I have never said that Sudanese people are the blackest ever. I said that Nubians are as black as you can get, that modern Sudanese are descended from them and that this has clear Nubian ancestry.

Whatever you say.
Original post by bulf
i thought the saying was "when you assume you make an ass out of u and me"

Either works.
Whatever you say.

We agree on something then.
Link? :h:

And oh yes. Social media. The official educational reference.

If people are saying he is black, people say black to make a better point at racism.
We all know when it's convenient people claim black.

No particular link rather just the istandwithahmed#

Okay fair point
What's the issues with being black? If he identifies as black that's up to him

Where's my link? And why are you sensationalising? I never said there is an issue with being black.
I am questioning if people who say he is black know what they're saying.

The argument that he is black because he's from Africa is a piss poor one for quite obvious reasons. It's called migration.
We agree on something then.

Whatever you say.
No particular link rather just the istandwithahmed#

Okay fair point

Am I meant to read hundreds of thousands of tweets just to find someone saying he is black? We're probably okay.

The argument that he is black because he's from Africa is a piss poor one for quite obvious reasons. It's called migration.

I didn't say he is black because he comes from Africa; I have no idea where he was born. I said he is black because he is dark brown (i.e "black") and has obvious Nubian (definitely black) ancestry.
Am I meant to read hundreds of thousands of tweets just to find someone saying he is black? We're probably okay.

Exactly. It's none of our business what he chooses to identify as anyway
The youngster did it on purpose to be arrestee. Should have stayed in the cell too
I didn't say he is black because he comes from Africa; I have no idea where he was born. I said he is black because he is dark brown (i.e "black":wink: and has obvious Nubian (definitely black) ancestry.

So you had a fit when I decided to run with you saying that he is Arab, as you admitted he probably has Arab blood (he definitely does, and he's a gorgeous little boy :h:), because it was a "speculation,"

but now your speculation that he is "Nubian" is "obvious," which I can translate you to mean, is a fact?

Rrrrright.

Anyway you already said what I wanted, that he probably is Arab. Goodbye?
Exactly. It's none of our business what he chooses to identify as anyway

Not so fast. That's not my argument. You said "everyone" says he is black. I asked for proof, like a screenshot of this "everyone."

My original argument is that he definitely is a person of colour, but is he black simply because he is from Sudan? No. You said yourself people from Sudan call themselves Arab.

Lol you all just sound very confused. Confused on the side of making him a hero, confused on the side of making him a villain.

Anyway you already said what I wanted, that he probably is Arab. Goodbye?

I said I thought he had Arab blood right at the start. That doesn't make him an Arab.
I said I thought he had Arab blood right at the start. That doesn't make him an Arab.

I don't care. I just am glad you contradicted yourself and said what I wanted you to say. Go away.

Latest

Trending

Trending