The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bulf
Good block?

lol indeed.
didnt look like a clock
So there we have it, the best way to increase your personal credibility: speak rubbish, don't properly read what other people say, re-interpret it to mean what you would have liked it to say, call the people discussing something with you liars, and then, when you are proved to have got it wrong, put those you have been debating with on your ignore list.
Original post by The Assassin

White male atheists = level-headed overseers of all lowly cultural others (null, objective, correct position!!!!)
Everyone else = professional victims

No. The problem is precisely that people who think Ahmed is a professional victim don't see what the problem is. Lots of you are just finding some irrelevant minor footnote of said issue and focusing on that while ignoring the main point.

Yawn. Not true. Try again. The people like you who casually dismiss all criticism of media frenzy for religious minorities bore me.

The real problem is how the rabid radical left think that minorities, especially Muslims, should be above the law and the standards we set for others, and that we should overcompensate for his discomfort by praising him recklessly. If MIT let in every Chinese or Indian kid who disassembled a clock, they could fill their freshman intake 10 times over.

Police and the teacher did absolutely nothing illegal and were well within the bounds of the law.

Dawkins is absolutely correct. It's a shame that he is one of the few liberals who are not blinded by their irrational love for Islam.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fango_Jett
Yawn. Not true. Try again. The people like you who casually dismiss all criticism of media frenzy for religious minorities bore me.The real problem is how the rabid radical left think that minorities, especially Muslims, should be above the law and the standards we set for others, and that we should overcompensate for his discomfort by praising him recklessly. If MIT let in every Chinese or Indian kid who disassembled a clock, they could fill their freshman intake 10 times over.Police and the teacher did absolutely nothing illegal and were well within the bounds of the law.Dawkins is absolutely correct. It's a shame that he is one of the few liberals who are not blinded by their irrational love for Islam.

They didn't think it was a bomb. They just wanted to humiliate him. If they thought it was a bomb they would have called a bomb disposal squad. Or at the very least taken it to an isolated location. But no, they were so scared of the perceived bomb they even drove with it in a car. There was no need to put him in cuffs in front of his peers.
Original post by Truths
They didn't think it was a bomb. They just wanted to humiliate him. If they thought it was a bomb they would have called a bomb disposal squad. Or at the very least taken it to an isolated location. But no, they were so scared of the perceived bomb they even drove with it in a car. There was no need to put him in cuffs in front of his peers.

Hoax Bomb.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/10/46/46.08
Original post by queen-bee
Social media says #IStandWithAhmed after the schoolboy was arrested for bringing homemade clock to school

Apparently the clock was mistaken for a bomb. This is just disgusting.
Islamophobia worsening every day.Arresting a 14-year-old Muslim boy who under any other name would be considered a genius.#IStandWithAhmed

the amount of reps you got on this thread i'm like wha
Original post by Truths

He was not arrested for bringing a bomb. They thought he brought a hoax bomb into school, an offence in Texas, and arrested him before realizing it was not. They are by law required to interrogate and process him for it. If it really was a bomb threat, he would have Homeland Security on his ass and a one way ticket to Guantanamo before he could breathe.

I've repeated this so many times, and it's been in almost every news source, that it's tiring to repeat.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
the amount of reps you got on this thread i'm like wha

As the thread is about a massively trending Twitter hashtag....
Yawn. Not true. Try again. The people like you who casually dismiss all criticism of media frenzy for religious minorities bore me.

The real problem is how the rabid radical left think that minorities, especially Muslims, should be above the law and the standards we set for others, and that we should overcompensate for his discomfort by praising him recklessly. If MIT let in every Chinese or Indian kid who disassembled a clock, they could fill their freshman intake 10 times over.

Police and the teacher did absolutely nothing illegal and were well within the bounds of the law.

Almost pissed my self at this.

Dawkins is absolutely correct. It's a shame that he is one of the few liberals who are not blinded by their irrational love for Islam.

This is where I actually pissed myself though. Whoops.

Seriously, you have the nerve to say I'm boring when you've just validated my inb4 comment about platitudes? The usual nonsense about irrational love for Islam, or stuff about 'radical left'. For ****s sake :laugh:

No, it's just looking at things logically. Sorry if you can't grasp that :hugs:

You say try again. As much as I'd love to try and educate your thick brain, I'm afraid based on TSRian experience that I'll have nothing to gain by doing so. Unfortunately, I'll just have to let you live in ignorance and hope that as you get older, you become more mature as well as less pseudo-intellectual in your opinions.

Thank **** TSR isn't like the real world.
He was not arrested for bringing a bomb. They thought he brought a hoax bomb into school, an offence in Texas, and arrested him before realizing it was not. They are by law required to interrogate and process him for it. If it really was a bomb threat, he would have Homeland Security on his ass and a one way ticket to Guantanamo before he could breathe.

I've repeated this so many times, and it's been in almost every news source, that it's tiring to repeat.

No, they made a big deal about what they knew wasn't a bomb (hence it now being called a hoax bomb), but they reported it as a bomb threat.

Police charged him as a hoax bomb, when it was deliberately a clock.

Teachers legit "thought" it was a bomb.
Original post by The Assassin
Almost pissed my self at this.

This is where I actually pissed myself though. Whoops.

Thank **** TSR isn't like the real world.

So you don't actually have anything of substance to say and are just deflecting? What a bore.

Yawn. Another typical post from the social justice warriors, though perhaps a more rabid breed. Come back when you actually can form an argument.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
No, they made a big deal about what they knew wasn't a bomb (hence it now being called a hoax bomb), but they reported it as a bomb threat.

Police charged him as a hoax bomb, when it was deliberately a clock.

Teachers legit "thought" it was a bomb.

If they reported it as a bomb threat, they would not have even bothered trying to talk to him and would have brought a SWAT team, and the bomb-robot, as required by federal law are police guidelines. The US does not play around. If there was even the slightest bit of suspicion of a real bomb, the reaction would have been completely different.

I'm sure you've already been told, but bringing in a hoax bomb is an offence in Texas, punishable by jail time. They are required to process him in a station.
The more I read about this the more I think that this was just a stunt pulled by the boys' anti-islamophobe activist father. He knew that this would create lots of backlash against the authorities and that the sheeple of the west would sympathise with him and point the finger at the police for being racist (what "race" is Islam?)

Also, the boy didn't invent anything. He took the parts from a clock, put it in a pencil box and claimed it was his own invention.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they reported it as a bomb threat, they would not have even bothered trying to talk to him and would have brought a SWAT team, and the bomb-robot, as required by federal law are police guidelines. The US does not play around. If there was even the slightest bit of suspicion of a real bomb, the reaction would have been completely different..

Exactly. Yet none of that happened. Because they knew it wasn't a bomb nor a hoax bomb.

Which is literally the point of the outrage.

:colonhash:
Original post by BoomCha!
The more I read about this the more I think that this was just a stunt pulled by the boys' anti-islamophobe activist father. He knew that this would create lots of backlash against the authorities and that the sheeple of the west would sympathise with him and point the finger at the police for being racist (what "race" is Islam?)

Also, the boy didn't invent anything. He took the parts from a clock, put it in a pencil box and claimed it was his own invention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pencil box :toofunny:
Pencil box :toofunny:

What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BoomCha!
What do you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was funny?
It was funny?

Why was it funny?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because they knew it wasn't a bomb nor a hoax bomb

:colonhash:

Could his be because they investigated, found out the facts and made a decision?

Latest

Trending

Trending