The Student Room Group

Zoology Personal Statement

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liquity
Ah okay, I'll put it back in my shortlist then! Academically rigorous if probably more my style! Are there any other units you know that zoology is good for?

I think if I was going to apply again it'd be Bristol, Leeds, Exeter and Edinburgh . Depends of you want to look at London unis though.
Reply 21
Original post by redferry
I think if I was going to apply again it'd be Bristol, Leeds, Exeter and Edinburgh . Depends of you want to look at London unis though.

A lot of people are ducking out of Bristol this year that I know because it's so competitive and I don't really like the sound of the course, just doesn't seem as interesting so I will probably give it a miss as well. Edinburgh I never really considered but I don't want to live in Scotland tbh :P and nah London is a very expensive life and not sure if I want that!
Original post by liquity
A lot of people are ducking out of Bristol this year that I know because it's so competitive and I don't really like the sound of the course, just doesn't seem as interesting so I will probably give it a miss as well. Edinburgh I never really considered but I don't want to live in Scotland tbh :P and nah London is a very expensive life and not sure if I want that!

What is it about the Bristol course you don't fancy, out of interest?

Bear in mind the most useful units throughout your career often prove to be the least appealing on paper.
Reply 23
What is it about the Bristol course you don't fancy, out of interest?

Bear in mind the most useful units throughout your career often prove to be the least appealing on paper.

I'm applying for courses with a fair amount of animal behaviour modules because I'm really interested in that section and Bristol seem to have a lack of them. Also they seem to offer AAA a lot and I am probably not going to get predicted that, AAB more likely. Idk I just don't have the gut feeling about it, you know?
Original post by liquity
I'm applying for courses with a fair amount of animal behaviour modules because I'm really interested in that section and Bristol seem to have a lack of them. Also they seem to offer AAA a lot and I am probably not going to get predicted that, AAB more likely. Idk I just don't have the gut feeling about it, you know?

Fair enough, I still think it's a missed opportunity though, the courses at Leeds and Exeter just aren't on a par academics wise.
Reply 25
Fair enough, I still think it's a missed opportunity though, the courses at Leeds and Exeter just aren't on a par academics wise.

Yeah that's fair enough, I just don't have a good feeling about it.
Hi guys. I am going to apply for Zoology courses and I have done a lot of research on what the different courses offered by the various universities entail. However, not a lot of them have mentioned whether or not they will accept an A-Level grade in your native language as part of your offer. I know Edinburgh and Liverpool do. For Biological Sciences, Durham does too. Do you know which other ones do/don't? This language grade will bring my best three up substantially.
Thanks in advance.
Just mention you are a zoophile to prove how dedicated and passionate you are about your subject and they will take you

Sorry I had to
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Hi guys. I am going to apply for Zoology courses and I have done a lot of research on what the different courses offered by the various universities entail. However, not a lot of them have mentioned whether or not they will accept an A-Level grade in your native language as part of your offer. I know Edinburgh and Liverpool do. For Biological Sciences, Durham does too. Do you know which other ones do/don't? This language grade will bring my best three up substantially.
Thanks in advance.

Making your own thread will get you more answers. Your best bet is to check with unis about what they do and don't accept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending