The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 health & social- anyone still have their folder?

Basucally I'm in my first year of level 3 extended diploma and the tutors dont turn up, they don't help us in any way. They just give us the spec and won't explain it. Can anyone help me understand it a bit better? I'm not looking to copy work etc I just need to know how the assignments work etc.

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I have completed the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. What specifications have you been given? Do you have the level 3 book 1 and/or level 3 book 2. As I personally found that these books helped me a lot throughout my time on the course.
Reply 2
I've been giving a specification for infection prevention but thats it unfortunately. Would you still have everything from when you did your level 3? I did buy the book, does it tell you you need to do for your assignments?
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hello,

I have completed the level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. What specifications have you been given? Do you have the level 3 book 1 and/or level 3 book 2. As I personally found that these books helped me a lot throughout my time on the course.
@Katey_Finch unfortantly I did not do that unit.

I will tell you what I will write down a list of ALL the units I covered in the past two years:
Developing effective communication
Equality,Diversity and Rights
Health,safety and security
Development through the life stages
Anatomy and physiology
Personal professional development
Complementary therapies
Additional needs
Dementia care
Sociological perspectives
Psychological perspectives
Safeguarding adults
Physiological disorder
Promoting health education
Nutrition
Research methodology
Working with medication
Vocational experience

The books are very, very good at telling you how to complete assignments and for some of the units the book is good at providing you with information. I would also include absolutely EVERYTHING that is in the spec and on the brief (if you get given them!)

Hope that has helped.

What are you hoping to do when you finish this course?
Reply 4

I will tell you what I will write down a list of ALL the units I covered in the past two years:
Anatomy and physiology
Complementary therapies
Additional needs
Dementia care
Safeguarding adults
Physiological disorder
Nutrition
Research methodology
Working with medication
Vocational experience

The books are very, very good at telling you how to complete assignments and for some of the units the book is good at providing you with information. I would also include absolutely EVERYTHING that is in the spec and on the brief (if you get given them!)

Hope that has helped.

A lot of those are on my course too. The anatomy & physiology and infection prevention I'm most confused about as it was explained so poorly. If you have an email could you send me some examples so I know how to word it? Im literally so stuck atm it's really stressful.

Im hoping to do mental health nursing. What did you do after?
That's fine I will send you over some examples from anatomy and physiology and all the other units if you'd like?

I have just finished and going into employment for about a year, whilst applying to uni and resitting my maths GCSE! I am hoping to get into children's nursing.

Please private message me your email.
@futurechildnurse

Could you pm me some of your notes too.

I would appreciate any help I could get.
Original post by 08Mercyf
@futurechildnurse

Could you pm me some of your notes too.

I would appreciate any help I could get.

Hiya! What units are you struggling with?
Reply 8
That's fine I will send you over some examples from anatomy and physiology and all the other units if you'd like?

I have just finished and going into employment for about a year, whilst applying to uni and resitting my maths GCSE! I am hoping to get into children's nursing.

Please private message me your email.[/

Aw good hope you get your maths! Yes thatd be great thanks i'll message you now.
Hiya! What units are you struggling witth?

Have you got the physiology stuff ?
And research mythology.

Any help will be appreciated.
Original post by 08Mercyf
Have you got the physiology stuff ?

Is that unit titled physiological disorders? If so yes,I have that. Please private message me your email and I will send it over! :smile:
Is that unit titled physiological disorders? If so yes,I have that. Please private message me your email and I will send it over! :smile:

Yeah, will do that.

Thanks

Anatomy and physiology
Complementary therapies
Additional needs
Dementia care
Safeguarding adults
Physiological disorder
Nutrition
Research methodology
Working with medication
Vocational experience

Hope that has helped.

Hey, could you help me with Anatomy and Physiology because I have started thus topic today and a little bit confused as the teacher did not stoop down to my level(everyone has different levels) and my level of science is minimal. :frown:

Also for equality, diversity and rights.

I feel like I am falling behind. :redface:

Original post by Blackstarr
Hey, could you help me with Anatomy and Physiology because I have started thus topic today and a little bit confused as the teacher did not stoop down to my level(everyone has different levels) and my level of science is minimal. :frown:

Also for equality, diversity and rights.

I feel like I am falling behind. :redface:

Yeah, I will send the work over.

Has the other stuff helped?
Yeah, I will send the work over.

Has the other stuff helped?

Thanks, it will be of great help if you could and yeah.:smile:

Anatomy and physiology
Complementary therapies
Additional needs
Dementia care
Safeguarding adults
Physiological disorder
Nutrition
Research methodology
Working with medication
Vocational experience

Hope that has helped.

Hey could you help me too.:smile:

Effective communication,equality and diversity, anatomy and physiology and sociological perspectives.

Any help will be appreciated as i am struggling and don't want to fall behind especially with the anatomy and physiology.:redface:
Original post by German123
Hey could you help me too.:smile:

Effective communication,equality and diversity, anatomy and physiology and sociological perspectives.

Any help will be appreciated as i am struggling and don't want to fall behind especially with the anatomy and physiology.:redface:

Please private message me an email address and I will send that to you very soon!
Please private message me an email address and I will send that to you very soon!

Please could you email me too. I am so worried of falling behind

Hi, are you still available if so I would really need your help and knowledge about this unit for sociological perspectives, equality and diversity and nutrition. :smile: I'm doing level 3 first year. I'm losing my mind of this units

Quick Reply

Latest