The Student Room Group

Good sixth forms in London

Scroll to see replies

Hate to break it to you, but that's second best college - not school...
Reply 21
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Casually pointing out that this thread was more for girls schools/coed .... Unless when I go to pee in a couple of minutes I find out I'm a boy - Not likely....

... i am a girl ._. whut does that have to do with anything all the ones i listed where mixed

only girls school im familiar with is bentley wood... and don't even dream of going there y'all i'm sorry but it's suicide.

ellen wilkinson is good though
Original post by z33
... i am a girl ._. whut does that have to do with anything all the ones i listed where mixed

only girls school im familiar with is bentley wood... and don't even dream of going there y'all i'm sorry but it's suicide.

ellen wilkinson is good though

I'm a girl too.... I didn't tag you.... I tagged some random guy who mention Harrow
(edited 8 years ago)
Hate to break it to you, but that's second best college - not school...

yeah, whats wrong with that?
Reply 24
I'm a girl too.... I didn't tag you.... I tagged some random guy who mention Harrow

oh i think i did sorry i meant harrow high school :redface:
Reply 25
Original post by z33
everything in harrow (colleges/ attached to high schools) is ****... don't screw yourself over, except whitmore maybe

st doms and woodhouse sound good but i know people who went there and didnt like it
oh and harrow school is well posh and for clever people
i heard watford grammar is really good

Watford Grammar School is great until you reach sixth form. The teachers have no clue what they're doing
Original post by SuperHuman98
yeah, whats wrong with that?

Nothing... You just made it seem as if St Doms was top non selective in general... rather than college.
I didn't make it clear, but I was looking more at 6th form schools rather than Colleges.
Reply 27
Original post by Laalaa15
Can i just add that Nower Hill is actually better than Whitmore and if it only took in the A* and A students from the lower school that Saint Dominics do it would actually have a higher success rate at a level. if you only measure those students:wink:

Saint doms is quite good although if you're grades drop they're rebound for kicking you out.
The teaching at NHHS is very very good and i really recommend it.

i agree with you nower hill high school's teaching is really good but i've only experienced the computing/ IT department

i dont know what its like for science so... i heard from a friend who goes there that the science department wasnt its strength
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by ivy.98
Watford Grammar School is great until you reach sixth form. The teachers have no clue what they're doing

hmmm... a friend went there and said it was going well... but then again that was at the start of AS so it couldve completely gone downhill from there
Nothing... You just made it seem as if St Doms was top non selective in general... rather than college.
I didn't make it clear, but I was looking more at 6th form schools rather than Colleges.

well it is a "sixth form college"
Original post by z33
oh i think i did sorry i meant harrow high school :redface:

Oh... right...
My current school does better than HHS so like with Woodhouse, my mum would say no.
Original post by SuperHuman98
well it is a "sixth form college"

I know it's a college, but sometimes they include colleges in the state school league tables....
Reply 32
Oh... right...
My current school does better than HHS so like with Woodhouse, my mum would say no.

yeahhh... i dont know

like a few years ago park high was the buzz, like it was top notch up there

and now even hatch end is doing better

so idk... all the schools in harrow are dodgy tbh, every school has its own flaw
Original post by z33
yeahhh... i dont know

like a few years ago park high was the buzz, like it was top notch up there

and now even hatch end is doing better

so idk... all the schools in harrow are dodgy tbh, every school has its own flaw

Why does the school have to be in Harrow?
Reply 34
Why does the school have to be in Harrow?

i'm saying to stay away from harrow, and harrow is the only place i really know the schools in so i can only give my opinion of them as i have friends who go to them, and i have gone to them, etc.
Original post by z33
i'm saying to stay away from harrow, and harrow is the only place i really know the schools in so i can only give my opinion of them as i have friends who go to them, and i have gone to them, etc.

Oh... ok... thanks :smile:
Reply 36
Oh... ok... thanks :smile:

no prahblemmmm :biggrin:
Saint john bosco college
Reply 38
Original post by z33

What's your opinion of Canons then if you know so much about Harrow?
Westminster, City of London School, St Paul's...

Though they aren't sixth form specific places

Quick Reply

Latest