The Student Room Group

17 and a virgin

I'm a 17 yr old girl and still a virgin, I'm not embarrassed by it now but am wondering if people at uni next year will think its weird because i'll most likely still be a virgin then. I wasn't worried about it until someone at school said it was unusual and weird. :smile: are there still virgins at university????

Scroll to see replies

I am 23 and a virgin.
Original post by william walker
I am 23 and a virgin.

Wow
I'm 19 and still a Virgin
Reply 4
No one going into university is a virgin. Just like university is like all those adult videos about college you see on the internet with alcohol, drugs and girls throwing themselves at guys.

I should insert a notice here that sarcasm was used extensively in the previous paragraph.

Whoever told you that being a virgin is unusual and weird is so stupid that to point out to them that they are stupid would be like trying to teach a dog how to fly a plane. Don't argue with a stupid person because they'll beat you with experience.
I'm 23 and haven't had sex in 9 years :smile:
Original post by cherryred90s
Wow

What is with the wow? Or are you be sarcastic? :redface:
What is with the wow? Or are you be sarcastic? :redface:

I'm shocked
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 17 yr old girl and still a virgin, I'm not embarrassed by it now but am wondering if people at uni next year will think its weird because i'll most likely still be a virgin then. I wasn't worried about it until someone at school said it was unusual and weird. :smile: are there still virgins at university????

Yes lots. Do you want to be a virgin?
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I'm 23 and haven't had sex in 9 years :smile:

So you had intercourse when you were 14. :frown:
Original post by cherryred90s
I'm shocked

What is shocking about it? :smile:
I am 23 and a virgin.

Glad tidings to you, sir.
Original post by Saint-Saens
Yes lots. Do you want to be a virgin?

its not that i want to be a virgin i just don't want to lose it to just anyone, it has to be the right time yanno
So you had intercourse when you were 14. :frown:

Yes, hence my repentance and making an oath not to have sex again unless I love the man.
Original post by tacitae
Glad tidings to you, sir.

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Yes, hence my repentance and making an oath not to have sex again unless I love the man.

Rather meaningless now isn't it? Still whatever gets you through the day I guess.
I'm 24 and went through uni without even coming close to losing it. You've definitely come to the right place.
Unless you have the word virgin tattooed on your forehead I really wouldn't worry about it.
Rather meaningless now isn't it? Still whatever gets you through the day I guess.

I don't really care what you think. :erm:

You're a virgin because no one wants you, not because you're virtuous. Goodbye.

And yes it's a bigger "achievement" than continuing a dry spell after never knowing what sex feels like.

Most people who have had sex think going only a couple months without is major. :hand:
Personally, I aint going to uni a virgin.:nah: No way.
But that's just me and I have plenty of friends who are already at uni and are virgins. It's more common than you might think! Three of my friends are virgins currently having a great time at freshers :smile:
plus you have another year to go, so who knows..? :wink:

Quick Reply