The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

April 2016 Child Nursing.

Hi,

I just wanted to meet you guys here really early and find out how you're preparing to start next year. :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am starting in April 2016 to do midwifery
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Aggie Carter
I am starting in April 2016 to do midwifery

Oh that's really cool. Are you gonna be at Medway or Canterbury?
Canterbury campus, what about you?
Reply 4
Canterbury campus, what about you?

Nice to meet you Aggie Carter. I'm actually gonna be down at the Medway campus. I live closer to that campus so it would be easier for me to go there. Right now I'm wondering when to start preparing for uni. Maybe January next year? How about you?
Yer in January I plan to start sorting everything out, plus I am planning to go to another open day so I can get the book list before I start :smile:
Reply 6
Yer in January I plan to start sorting everything out, plus I am planning to go to another open day so I can get the book list before I start :smile:

Ah! That's a really good idea.
I'm starting at Medway to do children's nursing April 2016! I want to get to know people as well:smile: I don't know how to prep also has the university contacted you at all?
Reply 8
Original post by nataliemmax
I'm starting at Medway to do children's nursing April 2016! I want to get to know people as well:smile: I don't know how to prep also has the university contacted you at all?

Nice to finally meet a fellow coursemate. Hi nataliemmax! I've just been creating wishlists on Amazon and planning at the moment. I haven't heard from the university since the summer. Are you planning to live in halls or commute?
Original post by j_flower3
Nice to finally meet a fellow coursemate. Hi nataliemmax! I've just been creating wishlists on Amazon and planning at the moment. I haven't heard from the university since the summer. Are you planning to live in halls or commute?

Yes definitely :smile: that's a good idea I went to an open day a little while ago and they said have a look at basic biology, I'm staying in halls I haven't heard anything from the uni except UCAS saying my place was confirmed
Reply 10
Yes definitely :smile: that's a good idea I went to an open day a little while ago and they said have a look at basic biology, I'm staying in halls I haven't heard anything from the uni except UCAS saying my place was confirmed

I haven't done Biology since my AS year at sixth form. I do have an anatomy and physiology book. Might start reading that ahead of time. I'm planning on moving out and living in halls too :smile:!
Yeah that's funny I only did AS, I think I'm gonna read my old textbooks like the anatomy parts, ah maybe we'll be roommates haha I visited the halls a while a go and they're pretty nice!
Reply 12
Yeah that's funny I only did AS, I think I'm gonna read my old textbooks like the anatomy parts, ah maybe we'll be roommates haha I visited the halls a while a go and they're pretty nice!

That would be a really nice surprise. :smile:. I looked at Liberty Quays last July and its great! Especially with the Tesco express and Subway which is just a stones throw away. I going back again in November to see it as well as ask more questions.
That would be a really nice surprise. :smile:. I looked at Liberty Quays last July and its great! Especially with the Tesco express and Subway which is just a stones throw away. I going back again in November to see it as well as ask more questions.

Yeah I went this July when I got my offer, I know omg I was so happy, yeah I had a chance to speak to a tutor quickly and to prepare she said look at anatomy and that but they will get in contact
Reply 14
Yeah I went this July when I got my offer, I know omg I was so happy, yeah I had a chance to speak to a tutor quickly and to prepare she said look at anatomy and that but they will get in contact

I'm really looking forward to this now that I know someone on the course. All I kept worrying about before was not getting in but I was in utter shock when I got my offer too. I'm straight out of sixth form so I'm a bit worried that I might be the youngest. (Born in August!!!)
I'm really looking forward to this now that I know someone on the course. All I kept worrying about before was not getting in but I was in utter shock when I got my offer too. I'm straight out of sixth form so I'm a bit worried that I might be the youngest. (Born in August!!!)

Same I just finished sixth form I'm so glad I know someone now!! I'm born in July so I'm one of the youngest as well. I couldn't believe I even got in 😂
Reply 16
Same I just finished sixth form I'm so glad I know someone now!! I'm born in July so I'm one of the youngest as well. I couldn't believe I even got in 😂

LOL I guess were In the same boat then :smile: (it's a nice relief though.) are you going to have to be far from home then?
LOL I guess were In the same boat then :smile: (it's a nice relief though.) are you going to have to be far from home then?

I'm about 40 minutes away which isn't too bad, what about you?
Reply 18
I'm about 40 minutes away which isn't too bad, what about you?

I'm a Kent girl! 20 minutes on a good day :smile: But I'm familiar with Medway, it is nice despite what people say. I tend to be at the Dockside shopping centre when I visit.
I'm a Kent girl! 20 minutes on a good day :smile: But I'm familiar with Medway, it is nice despite what people say. I tend to be at the Dockside shopping centre when I visit.

Yeah I'm from Kent as well :smile: yeah I actually don't mind it! Docksides nice and that whole part is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending