The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Staying in temporary hotel accomodation!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erisa
Are you also international students?

Nope. Pretty sure international students gets a secure student accommodation :redface:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Anybody got any info yet about the hotel?
Original post by cheesychocolate

Nope....still waiting
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Bring what you'd bring as if you were to stay in student halls. As I said, it's only temporary. It's better to do that rather than get moved to student halls and you find you're missing some stuff! Sorry about the food issue though, as there isn't a personal kitchen in hotels. But hopefully you'll be fine and you're welcome :h:

Oh gosh, I have packed everything with me haha 😂 Do you know the names of the hotels? UH is taking a long time to provide me this information about the hotel and I only have a few days to move in! Don't know what the £42 even covers. If UH will move me into student halls later then is that because students drop out or..? Sorry I'm asking so much questions. Thanks again :smile:

No, no yet. This is really fustrating. I hope they don't give the information last minute :unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:
Reply 25
Hi, I also have this problem with accommodation as well. Does everyone's accommodation contract here start several days later after the 28th September?
So far I've only received an email saying I could not move in on the 26th or 27th because I'm not allowed to move in before my contract starts. And I've heard
someone mentioned that they are offered a temporary off-campus accommodation in this thread, so I'm wondering whether I'm supposed to be offered one as well.

Because I will literally have nowhere to stay on the first week.
Well one thing I figured out myself is if the hotel is within the surrounding area of the university then it should be either these 3.

Ramada hatfield Hotel
Beales Hotel
Travelodge Hotel

Still wondering what on earth is taking them so long to tell us though.

Edit: oh there's another one called Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ratehe
Hi, I also have this problem with accommodation as well. Does everyone's accommodation contract here start several days later after the 28th September?
So far I've only received an email saying I could not move in on the 26th or 27th because I'm not allowed to move in before my contract starts. And I've heard
someone mentioned that they are offered a temporary off-campus accommodation in this thread, so I'm wondering whether I'm supposed to be offered one as well.

Because I will literally have nowhere to stay on the first week.

I'm not sure about your situation but for me they said I can move in the hotel on the 27th (Sunday). Yet again, the information was so vague. I think they're trying hard to make a decision. The only off campus accommodation I've been offered so far is the hotel and the student housing which I believe I have to look for a house myself on there? You should definitely give them a ring tomorrow 9am - 4pm. If nothing works, book a hotel. I might try and find a house or flat to rent if they can't provide me an accommodation :frown:
Well one thing I figured out myself is if the hotel is within the surrounding area of the university then it should be either these 3.

Ramada hatfield Hotel
Beales Hotel
Travelodge Hotel

They look decent but I'm still sceptical about the cost. Plus I have already packed all my essentials, I don't want to be walking around with suitcases all day long lol

I wonder how many students aren't offered an accommodation
So I just got an update on the temporary accommodation and once again it is quite vague. I still don't know which hotel it is and where it is as they say they won't be giving that information until we meet in person. Also need to leave larger items behind due to restricted space. Feel as if they are as unprepared as i am at this stage.......
Well, I finally got an update about the temporary hotel room but they still refuse to indicate which hotel it is. I'm getting really nervous now. I feel like we're gonna be part of some sort of governmental-run human experimentation lol.
governmental-run human experimentation lol.

Lool exactly my thought 😂😂
Original post by jamie225
So I just got an update on the temporary accommodation and once again it is quite vague. I still don't know which hotel it is and where it is as they say they won't be giving that information until we meet in person. Also need to leave larger items behind due to restricted space. Feel as if they are as unprepared as i am at this stage.......

Same. It doesn't help at all. No one has a clue where and what this "hotel" is. They should really give us some info about the hotel beforehand so at least it gives us a sense of assurance.. As soon as we move in the hotel, I think we'll be on the hunt to find our own private accommodation. The lack of information and support is really worrying me
Reply 33
Hi all I think I can help as I've just finished my induction week at the university and was placed in a hotel, at the moment the have all there students who should be staying at the "College Road Campus" in travel lodge hotel while there finishing of the refurbishment To the student halls, which is getting down very quick, the hotel is least then 5 minutes away from the uni, and is full of students so don't worry to much as its all year 1 students there at the moment.
I would go to the press about this situation - it's appalling!
We'll also be getting food vouchers for the refectory I've been informed
Original post by Steppa
Hi all I think I can help as I've just finished my induction week at the university and was placed in a hotel, at the moment the have all there students who should be staying at the "College Road Campus" in travel lodge hotel while there finishing of the refurbishment To the student halls, which is getting down very quick, the hotel is least then 5 minutes away from the uni, and is full of students so don't worry to much as its all year 1 students there at the moment.

Unbelievable lol. Hopefully they'll move into their accommodation soon so that we can move in 😂 Why is this happeninnnnnng

Thanks a lot, you've given me more information that the emails I've received so far
Original post by Muttley79
I would go to the press about this situation - it's appalling!

Meh
Original post by jamie225
We'll also be getting food vouchers for the refectory I've been informed

Yeah, I've been told that as well. When do you move in?
Original post by mercurymiasma
Oh gosh, I have packed everything with me haha 😂 Do you know the names of the hotels? UH is taking a long time to provide me this information about the hotel and I only have a few days to move in! Don't know what the £42 even covers. If UH will move me into student halls later then is that because students drop out or..? Sorry I'm asking so much questions. Thanks again :smile:

Ramada hatfield Hotel
Beales Hotel
Travelodge Hotel

Sorry for the late reply!! Yup cheesychocolate has pretty much got it. The Ramada and Beales are literally quite literally, a few steps away from the De Hav campus literally a 5 minute walk, especially the Ramada. Travelodge is within a 10 minute walk next to amenities such as Aldi, Subway and a few other shops.

Mercure, is next to College Lane, a bit of a walk but it's absolutely fine as well. You will be placed in any of those four hotels.

If UH moves you in to halls it is a possibility that yes some students may drop out or for some other reason a room has suddenly become available. Reasons vary. I wouldn't worry too much about anything, I know it's a bit of a hassle. And don't worry ask as many questions as you please, we're all here to help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending