CHEMISTRY -A
PHYSICS - A

PREDICTED A2:-
MATHS - A*
FURTHER MATHS - A*
CHEMISTRY -A*
PHYSICS - A*
GCSE: 4A*, 3A, 1B, 1C, 1D
I am looking to apply for maths at Oxford. My combined maths UMS is 91%. What chance do I have of getting an interview?
Original post by Inert1a
AS-LEVEL:-
MATHS - A
FURTHER MATHS - A
CHEMISTRY -A
PHYSICS - A

PREDICTED A2:-
MATHS - A*
FURTHER MATHS - A*
CHEMISTRY -A*
PHYSICS - A*
GCSE: 4A*, 3A, 1B, 1C, 1D
I am looking to apply for maths at Oxford. My combined maths UMS is 91%. What chance do I have of getting an interview?

Oxford don't look at UMS grades bro, you have to do well in the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCalver
Hi. Just wondering if I should put my module grades on UCAS, applying to Oxford, Imperial Warwick, Bristol and Bath. I took Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Every exam was an A grade except one B in one chemistry exam. I am applying for Mathematics.

I don't think you're obligated to put module grades but if you only had one B, it won't hurt to. I was in the same situation (though my rogue B was in a Geography exam *shudders*) and decided to put module grades in because I figured that not putting them in would make it look like I was hiding something (i.e. inconsistent scores)
Original post by SCalver
Hi. Just wondering if I should put my module grades on UCAS, applying to Oxford, Imperial Warwick, Bristol and Bath. I took Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Every exam was an A grade except one B in one chemistry exam. I am applying for Mathematics.

Yes if the overall grade is an A, I dont think they'd really care
Original post by Plagioclase
Well not yet, but in a couple of weeks!

Are you going to have tutorials with Dr. Green by any chance (assuming you'll be studying chemistry!)? :tongue:
Original post by Princepieman
Oxford don't look at UMS grades bro, you have to do well in the MAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would my GCSE grades hinder my application? What quartile of applicants do you think my academic achievements put me in?
Original post by Inert1a
Would my GCSE grades hinder my application? What quartile of applicants do you think my academic achievements put me in?

They seem fine from what I can tell, again the weight is like 70% MAT to 30% GCSE - so you really need to get above the average mark in that for the chance of an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Experimental psychology :biggrin:

Oh, what made you choose St Anne's?
Original post by Caitlan
I don't think you're obligated to put module grades but if you only had one B, it won't hurt to. I was in the same situation (though my rogue B was in a Geography exam *shudders*) and decided to put module grades in because I figured that not putting them in would make it look like I was hiding something (i.e. inconsistent scores)

A teacher at my college told me specifically not to, still undecided if I will or not. Anybody else have an opinion?
Original post by Marina Stomeo
Sorry if this is too personal: What grades do you have and which school do you attend? I'd like to study Medicine, but my grades aren't exceptional (8,6/10 in my third year mainly because of mood problems and difficulty to focus), but I have just started my 4th year of Classical Lyceum and hopefully they will get better.
Did you do any extracurricular like volunteering?

P.s. All Italians unite! :grouphugs:

I'm attending the senior year of Liceo Classico.Average of 9.3/10 last year so I think I'm predicted from 95 to 100 in the final exam obviously if it goes well :biggrin:
In chemistry,biology and physics and even English language and literature I have a full 10/10.Anyway, yes I did a wide range of activities such as volunteering in the general hospital,attending lectures of senior doctors,working as a paramedic in my local ambulance service,organising open days with regard to medical issues and also doing other extras which do not deal with medicine such as doing sports at a competitive level :smile:
Is there a college in Oxford that admits more people, for modern languages and that is closer to the central part ?
Original post by itsConnor_
Without being rude, why discourage someone with excellent GCSEs and a prediction of A*A*A*A at A-level? It's only 1 choice at the end of the day :smile:

Just saying because it's hard enough to convince yourself to apply without people telling you not to (still considering myself) and I can't see any reason why KIDO would be disadvantaged :smile:

Furthermore, there were in fact 1,149 applications for Economics and Management - not 4,500.
Does anybody know if we have to put that we're doing the LNAT as a qualification in UCAS?
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Furthermore, there were in fact 1,149 applications for Economics and Management - not 4,500.

Hi,

How many students have foundation and how many don't who were admitted to the Ruskin school this year. Do you have that statistic or even the data just for Brasenose?

Thanks!
Original post by n.safar4
Oh, what made you choose St Anne's?

It's down to earth, unintimidating and relaxed. I have absolutely no interest in Oxford's traditions so I chose the college that's the most normal (that offers my subject). Also, their disability provision is excellent.
Original post by itsConnor_
Are you going to have tutorials with Dr. Green by any chance (assuming you'll be studying chemistry!)? :tongue:

I'm not doing Chemistry, sorry!
Reply 2436
Original post by Artfanatic
Hi,

How many students have foundation and how many don't who were admitted to the Ruskin school this year. Do you have that statistic or even the data just for Brasenose?

Thanks!

You can find all data on http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate2014

You can see how many who applied for particular courses to particular colleges etc, everything really.
Original post by maberg
You can find all data on http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate2014

You can see how many who applied for particular courses to particular colleges etc, everything really.

Thanks for the link but I don't think that figure is formatted anywhere specific on the statistics page!
Original post by OxSarah
I'm attending the senior year of Liceo Classico.Average of 9.3/10 last year so I think I'm predicted from 95 to 100 in the final exam obviously if it goes well :biggrin:
In chemistry,biology and physics and even English language and literature I have a full 10/10.Anyway, yes I did a wide range of activities such as volunteering in the general hospital,attending lectures of senior doctors,working as a paramedic in my local ambulance service,organising open days with regard to medical issues and also doing other extras which do not deal with medicine such as doing sports at a competitive level :smile:

Congrats! My goal is to have kind of the same grades as yours. Did you shadow a doctor? And how did you apply for volunteering in hospital? I'm 17 by the way
(you can send me a private message)
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone going to be applying to Pembroke by any chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending