The Student Room Group

Need help with my GCSE science controlled assesment (Aerobic exercise)

I'm lost. Particularly the planning area, how do you come up with a hypothesis?
Original post by Hannah Monrose

Firstly, you need to research the topic you have been given for your controlled assessment. In this case, you will need to research aerobic respiration and the question your teacher will have provided you with. Usually, you will have to consider how various factors affect something. This means you will have to find out about as many factors as you can, then pick one of them. This is be the one that you will test so you need to make sure that it's testable in your school's science laboratory. An example of a hypothesis structure from the topic of acids and alkalis would be:
The more hydrochloric acid added to the solution, the lower the pH of the solution.
I hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Matrix123
Firstly, you need to research the topic you have been given for your controlled assessment. In this case, you will need to research aerobic respiration and the question your teacher will have provided you with. Usually, you will have to consider how various factors affect something. This means you will have to find out about as many factors as you can, then pick one of them. This is be the one that you will test so you need to make sure that it's testable in your school's science laboratory. An example of a hypothesis structure from the topic of acids and alkalis would be:
The more hydrochloric acid added to the solution, the lower the pH of the solution.
I hope this helps. :smile:

Thank you for your quick reply, this was very helpful :smile:
Thank you for your quick reply, this was very helpful :smile:

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you. Good luck with your controlled assessment. :smile:
Reply 4

Hello, what exam board are you doing? What is the task?
Im still on the research bit, what do i need to include in my research? need to get 6/6
Reply 6
Original post by nadiakms
Im still on the research bit, what do i need to include in my research? need to get 6/6

I can help you but first you need to tell me what the task is for the controlled assessment. And what exam board?
Original post by Ayoub99k
I can help you but first you need to tell me what the task is for the controlled assessment. And what exam board?

Untitled.png OCR Exam board. I hate research and i never seem to find anything which will boost my marks. Your help will be appreciated .x

Quick Reply

Latest