The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UmarTheRipper
The fact that instead of calling the bomb squad and evacuating the whole school they patiently waited for the police is evidence that they knew it was not a bomb-just another reason to make Muslims look bad

Are you suggesting that the war between Sunni and Shiite in Yemen and Syria, and the fact that four million have left their country as a result, is just some media campaign to make Muslims look bad?

With Islamic State raping and beheading, suicide bombers amok In Afghanistan and Pakistan and British soldiers being run down and cut to pieces in London, all in the name of your religion, I think your co-religionists are doing a good enough job of dragging your religion's name through the mud on their own without the West's help.
Original post by RodgertheRabbit
I can't speak for native Americans, but the Chinese immigrants seem pretty self reliant and pleasant. While people might gravitate towards those of a more similar ethnicity and 'shuffle away' from the Chinese, it's for vastly different reasons than they would move away from blacks or Muslims.

Put simply, the Chinese can take care of their own, and, compete on every level with every other demographic despite any racism. They don't need help or acceptance from other groups, often our performing others and earning their place in any society.

With blacks and Muslims the opposite is true, no matter what resources are thrown at them it's never enough to help them compete and become self reliant. For example; if we focus on black crime and/or Muslim terrorism we get called racist profilers, if we don't throw the extra resources at it we are called uncaring racists indifferent to their plight. And so on.

LOL what different kind of racism are Chinese people subjected to that blacks, Muslims and Natives aren't? It's all the same ridiculous hatred.
And wonder why it's hard for black and Muslims to move forward. Because people still think ridiculous things about them.
And you're a living lie. Black and Muslim people have been very successful, and there are failures in their race the same as with whites and East Asians.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
omg its just a minority 99% of texans are tolerant!

They have a perverse sense of tolerance!

Texas is the state of peace!

#notalltexans
#texansiwillridewithyou

Can't tell if trolling, sarcastic, or...
Original post by Sweet n Sour

Exactly
Original post by chocolate hottie
Are you suggesting that the war between Sunni and Shiite in Yemen and Syria, and the fact that four million have left their country as a result, is just some media campaign to make Muslims look bad?

With Islamic State raping and beheading, suicide bombers amok In Afghanistan and Pakistan and British soldiers being run down and cut to pieces in London, all in the name of your religion, I think your co-religionists are doing a good enough job of dragging your religion's name through the mud on their own without the West's help.

There is clearly a problem but i dont believe in tarnishing people with the same brush. Its clear though there are skme crazy people in the world
Original post by xxvine
I am more alarmed that the teacher didnt know the difference between a bomb and a clock

Get it. "Alarmed." Clock?

:awesome:
Original post by Rassam91
Well you don't exactly know that do you? If you want to debate, please respond with something on an intellectual meaningful level. As I said, use your brain please.

This topic has made me realise, humans are stupid, really stupid.

Its easier and more rewarding to take the moral high ground to make oneself appear virtuous and progressive than it is to use critical thinking and reason of thought to come to a rational conclusion
Original post by allysbluehair
I'm sure if it had been another kid - in this case, a white kid - with a clock, they wouldn't have taken him to the police station... Think again.

Ask the 1400 Rotherham children what the consequences are for thinking like your above post.
Original post by xxvine
I am more alarmed that the teacher didnt know the difference between a bomb and a clock

You haven't even bothered to look at the kids "clock" have you?
Original post by Namandi
LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb? - it was not mistaken for a bomb, if it was then they would have evacuated the building and not taken it with them.

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge. - fair enough, they do seem to mess around with Muslims.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly. - they really didnt act accordingy because they kept the 'bomb' with them.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly. - again, they did not act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps - paranoid about what?

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely - if they were that concerned about parents moruning lives of their children, they would have evacuated the school.

:smile:
Original post by xxvine
There is clearly a problem but i dont believe in tarnishing people with the same brush. Its clear though there are skme crazy people in the world

Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sweet n Sour

He's being genuinely serious. You live in America? Have you been to Texas before and if so,what's it like? The people in general
omg its just a minority 99% of texans are tolerant!

They have a perverse sense of tolerance!

Texas is the state of peace!

#notalltexans
#texansiwillridewithyou

From what I know,it's not very tolerant at all
Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core

You're comparing a football team to a religion...LOL.

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.
Original post by Silver Lining

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.

I'm hella confused.
Original post by PopaPork
Not a teachers job.

Besides that his is America not some Muslim country where it would be a requirement

Hello there :h:
Original post by queen-bee
From what I know,it's not very tolerant at all

Yes but thats because you are Texasaphobic

99% of Texans are nice tolerant peaceful people
Original post by queen-bee
It's none of your business concerning the invite to the White House or mark zuckerberg but the actual case should alert you to discrimination against people's skin colour and religion. Would you be this upset if he hadn't received any invites from the White House or other famous people?

The greatest discrimination occurs towards "infidels" in the Muslim world. There you are at best treated as second class and in Islamic State subject to being raped or beheaded.

As a Christian (?) Arab I would have thought you would be more aware of that than most?

If you are a Muslim Arab I don't suppose you are even aware of Islamic discrimination, or if so don't care, as it is divinely ordained and all that...
Original post by chocolate hottie
The greatest discrimination occurs towards "infidels" in the Muslim world. There you are at best treated as second class and in Islamic State subject to being raped or beheaded.

As a Christian (?) Arab I would have thought you would be more aware of that than most?

If you are a Muslim Arab I don't suppose you are even aware of Islamic discrimination, or if so don't care, as it is divinely ordained and all that...

You think I don't know what going on in my own motherland of Syria and what they're doing to my fellow Christians and Muslims Arabs? As a Christian Arab I would say I'm glad minorities/Syrians are trying to find a safe haven elsewhere.and yes everyone is aware of what's happening in the Middle East and yet your own governments want to do nothing about it. Anyway this is about a kid who was the subject of racial and religious discrimination as I'm sure you already know by now
Original post by Silver Lining

He's making an analogy. Be it a football team or a religion, if they are having more trouble with violence perpetuated in the name of that team or religion than any other, then clearly there's something going wrong there.

A religion and its followers aren't one in the same. A religion could have a very questionable history and set of teachings, but that doesn't necessarily make all the followers of that region bad people. Not all Muslims express a hatred of homosexuals and think apostates should be killed, for example, despite these actually being teachings within Islam.

Regardless, we're going off-topic, and this discussion would be better suited to the religion forum.

Latest

Trending

Trending