The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

English and Creative Writing applicants 2016

Yeah, sorry it's early =^.^= Is anyone planning on applying for the English and Creative Writing 2016 course? ^.^ I'm just curious to see, plus I'd love to chat about why people are wanting to take the course :3
i wanted to apply for english but not sure if literature, just english BA or creative writing
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by flylikeafly
i wanted to apply for english but not sure if literature, just english BA or creative writing

I was pretty stuck until I found the creative writing course :3 I'm sure you'll work it out. Or you could always apply to more than one.
Reply 3
Has anyone applied for this course? (And if so, have you heard anything back yet? I'm super nervous about when they'll get back!)
Hi everyone! I've got offers at Southampton (English but has Creative Writing modules as well), UEA and Newcastle and I can't choose! Any kind of advice?
I mainly applied for this course as I'm interested in becoming as complex a writer as possible (critically and creatively) in order to increase my chances of being employed in the field!
Original post by damien314
Has anyone applied for this course? (And if so, have you heard anything back yet? I'm super nervous about when they'll get back!)

I have but I applied in October :smile: where have you applied?
Reply 6
Original post by Thea Hartman
I have but I applied in October :smile: where have you applied?

Oh cool! Did you get an unconditional? I only applied in November, so hopefully I'll hear back soon! (And for English and Creative Writing, I only applied to Dundee. Where else have you applied?) :h:
Oh cool! Did you get an unconditional? I only applied in November, so hopefully I'll hear back soon! (And for English and Creative Writing, I only applied to Dundee. Where else have you applied?) :h:

No, I still have to pass my exams, but I can get the grades they're asking for so that's not a problem. Besides Southampton, UEA and Newcastle, I applied to Cambridge and Warwick, but those didn't work out. I'm happy anyway, I think I've always had a thing for Southampton!
Reply 8

I applied for English at Dundee on the 12th of December. I got an offer back yesterday, conditions are just to get a B. Hope you hear back from them soon.
I applied for English at Dundee way back in September and still haven't heard anything!
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied for English with Creative Writing at Dundee too and still haven't heard back, they're the only ones I'm waiting on, but they did say they'll need until the middle of Feb so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. x
I applied for creative writing too and I still haven't received a response. I'm getting quite anxious :tongue:
Hi everyone! So I know it's months later, but I hope everything went okay with your applications, and if you're about to start English and Creative Writing at Dundee I wish you the very best of luck! I'm a current English and Creative Writing student going into my 3rd year, and it's honestly the best experience I've had. The lecturers and tutors are lovely people and there are so many opportunities waiting for you... but you must have known that, right? Otherwise you wouldn't have applied! :tongue:
If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest