The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
you just contradictes youself
You said not all muslims are bad then you say islam is rotten to the core. Which one is jt?

Why is it contradictory

Islam is an evil faith but not all Muslims are evil (because most of them ignore the nastiest parts)
Original post by PopaPork
He didn't. He told reporters be who told him not to show it to anyone else it was when it started beeping during a lesson that his problems started

He showed his engineering teacher who told him to keep it closed and not show anyone.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Let me give you a clue...

Islam and Muslims are NOT THE SAME THING

True
Original post by xxvine
He showed his engineering teacher who told him to keep it closed and not show anyone.

Yes and no hen in a different class it went off.

If he had taken his teachers advice and even turned it off this would not have happened

But it's almost like he wanted it to
It absolutely looks like a bomb lol You do know bombs don't look like round black balls with a fuse sticking out?

He plugged it into the wall in his English class and set the alrarm to go off during the class. He had already shown it to his engineering teacher who told him it wasn't a good idea to go around showing other people it.

So why did he take it to his next class, plug it into the wall and set the alarm to go off during the lesson?

Bombs in movies look like that.That to me looks like a clock. The wires hanging out of it indicate that.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the school was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.
It absolutely looks like a bomb lol You do know bombs don't look like round black balls with a fuse sticking out?

He plugged it into the wall in his English class and set the alrarm to go off during the class. He had already shown it to his engineering teacher who told him it wasn't a good idea to go around showing other people it.

So why did he take it to his next class, plug it into the wall and set the alarm to go off during the lesson?

It does not look like a bomb. A bomb has a motherboard :dry:
That boy's thing looked like a briefcase with bull**** inside :lol:

(Ok. Now I'm dying laughing at my own joke :toofunny:).
Someone else said it was a pencil box :rofl::rofl: It's so funny how people minimize his invention.
Original post by xxvine
Bombs in movies look like that.That to me looks like a clock. The wires hanging out of it indicate that.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.

So a bunch of wires and a circuit board inside a metal briefcase look like a clock to you ?

Ahh the benefit of hindsight. We cannot afford to take liberties in this day and age with childrens lives at risk. Better to be safe and sorry
Original post by xxvine

Yes, you think that's a clock after you've read the news report.

Unless you're someone with a major interest in electronics, you wouldn't have been able to identify it as one, let alone expect an English teacher to.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
It does not look like a bomb. A bomb has a motherboard :dry:
That boy's thing looked like a briefcase with bull**** inside :lol:

(Ok. Now I'm dying laughing at my own joke :toofunny:).

lol Well im no bomb expert like 99% of others but wires and some sort of circuit in some haphazard outer casing is what most would thing of a home made bomb!

Its not like he had a selfie stick and the teachers mistook it for an assault rifle :biggrin:
Original post by PopaPork
Yes and no hen in a different class it went off.

If he had taken his teachers advice and even turned it off this would not have happened

But it's almost like he wanted it to

It seems you dont even know the story tbh
Your adding things to fit the agenda you have taken. It might have been a simple mistake of forgettig to turn it off before it started beeping. It doesnt hide the fact that the school were incompetent rather than curious.

The kid is probably glad it happenes tbh. He gets to meet the president, scholarship offers etc
lol Well im no bomb expert like 99% of others but wires and some sort of circuit in some haphazard outer casing is what most would thing of a home made bomb!

Its not like he had a selfie stick and the teachers mistook it for an assault rifle :biggrin:

I looked in his thing and it seriously just looks like a lunchbox with loads of loose VHS tape :indiff::rofl:
I'll look again.
Original post by xxvine

Ahh yes, hanging out wires. A sure sign we have a clock on our hands.

Whatever you think it was..its been proven it was a clock. Nothing wrong with being suspicious but the school were clearly incompetent. The fact the school was at no point evacuated despite the bomb threat proves this.

They never thought it was a bomb. They thought it was a hoax bomb.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
I looked in his thing and it seriously just looks like a lunchbox with loads of loose VHS tape :indiff::rofl:
I'll look again.

http://libertynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ahmed-hoax-clock-hoax-bomb-750x350.jpg
So a bunch of wires and a circuit board inside a metal briefcase look like a clock to you ?

Ahh the benefit of hindsight. We cannot afford to take liberties in this day and age with childrens lives at risk. Better to be safe and sorry

Well they need to look a bit closer to home as well as going by masscares committed by the likes of Adam Lanza and those Columbine boys proves they have a serious problem in their society besides clocks that look like bombs
Original post by xxvine
Well they need to look a bit closer to home as well as going by masscares committed by the likes of Adam Lanza and those Columbine boys proves they have a serious problem in their society besides clocks that look like bombs

There is lots of debate in America regarding gun laws. Amazingly, you can try to solve two problems at the same time to ensure your citizens stay safe
There is lots of debate in America regarding gun laws. Amazingly, you can try to solve two problems at the same time to ensure your citizens stay safe

Yet nothing gets done. They have upped their anti terror laws etc.rightly so but have done nothing with their gun laws. Elementary kids being killed simply was not enough to warrant change. Scary stuff over there when any crazy person can just go to their local Sainsbury's and buy a gun.
Original post by xxvine
Yet nothing gets done. They have upped their anti terror laws etc.rightly so but have done nothing with their gun laws. Elementary kids being killed simply was not enough to warrant change. Scary stuff over there when any crazy person can just go to their local Sainsbury's and buy a gun.

Well yes i agree with you but the gun Lobbies are powerful over there and lots of Americans love their guns .= stalemate
What're you guys arguing about now?! It's not a bomb. End of story. I don't understand why some people still want to persist with this
Original post by xxvine

Funny how states like Vermont, North Dakota have next to no gun laws, require almost no permits at all, allowing you to buy almost anything apart from full auto machine guns, and has one the lowest gun death rates in the country.

Gun's aren't the issue. It's our culture of violence.

Latest