The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Its funny how people are still talking about this hoax.
Original post by queen-bee
What're you guys arguing about now?! It's not a bomb. End of story. I don't understand why some people still want to persist with this

Well the story is back in the news so why not use the thread about the case rather than making more threads?
Original post by Fango_Jett
Funny how states like Vermont, North Dakota have next to no gun laws, require almost no permits at all, allowing you to buy almost anything apart from full auto machine guns, and has one the lowest gun death rates in the country.

Gun's aren't the issue. It's our culture of violence.

Its more to do with demographics really.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
Its more to do with demographics really.

To an extent maybe. Poverty probably more than anything. Places like Vermont are really rich states.
Original post by xxvine
It seems you dont even know the story tbh
Your adding things to fit the agenda you have taken. It might have been a simple mistake of forgettig to turn it off before it started beeping. It doesnt hide the fact that the school were incompetent rather than curious.

The kid is probably glad it happenes tbh. He gets to meet the president, scholarship offers etc

Exept I'm aware of his dad's failed political career in Sudan and I know he's trying to get into American politics with the help of CAIR

As I said its almost like this was planned
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Why can they not be compared?
Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things

Have you read these scriptures?
Original post by Silver Lining
Have you read these scriptures?

Yes...
Original post by Fango_Jett
To an extent maybe. Poverty probably more than anything. Places like Vermont are really rich states.

North Dakota isn't relatively rich but has low crime because they 80+ white.
Original post by The_Mighty_Bush
North Dakota isn't relatively rich but has low crime because they 80+ white.

ND citizens are very well off considering. Costs of living are extremely low there. (I've lived there before)

I'd wager it has to do with the extremely low population density than anything.
Original post by PopaPork
Exept I'm aware of his dad's failed political career in Sudan and I know he's trying to get into American politics with the help of CAIR

As I said its almost like this was planned

I highly doubt it but I guess you have an agenda. Did you see the boy's face when they hand cuffed him?! He looked genuinely shocked. Also what parent would put their child through that?!

Right. Looks like a briefcase with bull**** inside.

Doesn't have half of the things inside it that a bomb would.
Original post by DiddyDec
Well the story is back in the news so why not use the thread about the case rather than making more threads?

Ah I see,haven't seen the news these past few days. Whats happening now with the case?
I highly doubt it but I guess you have an agenda. Did you see the boy's face when they hand cuffed him?! He looked genuinely shocked. Also what parent would put their child through that?!

I thought there was nothing left to discuss :K:
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Right. Looks like a briefcase with bull**** inside.

Seriously? Tell me what a bomb should look like... (Careful you will prob go on MI5'S list)

That looks exactly like a rudimentary bomb to anyone who is yano.. not a bomb maker
I thought there was nothing left to discuss :K:

Well there clearly is now as someone has said the story still circulating

What would those things be? Circuitry; check. battery; check. Control button; check. The only thing that seems to be missing is a detonator and a lump of plastic explosive, which wouldn't be readily recognisable to the untrained.
Ah I see,haven't seen the news these past few days. Whats happening now with the case?

Ahmed is changing schools and the family has hired not one but two high profile attorneys to get the clock back.

Doubt what?

His dad's failed attempt at running for president of Sudan or his new career in the USA with the support of CAIR

Because people are manipulative more so polititions
Ahmed is changing schools and the family has hired not one but two high profile attorneys to get the clock back.

It would be cheaper to buy a new clock and pencil case, wouldn't it?

Yeah he did mention he was going to change schools. Are there family planning on taking this to court then? I didn't know things had escalated.

Latest