The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Ahmed is changing schools and the family has hired not one but two high profile attorneys to get the clock back.

Someone is after a payout$$
Original post by PopaPork

Fingers crossed eh
Original post by queen-bee
I didn't know things had escalated.

Blown up out of all proportion. Ironic, eh?
Original post by Good bloke
Blown up out of all proportion. Ironic, eh?

Lame jokes yet again
Lame jokes yet again

The best kind.

Are you going to tell us why you think someone who takes the circuits out of a manufactured radio, puts it into a pencil case (or whatever it is) and claims to have built his own clock is a genius. Surely he's a fraud?
It would be cheaper to buy a new clock and pencil case, wouldn't it?

Yeah it would but I doubt it is about the clock or the money, I am guessing that the pair took the case on to join the band wagon.

Yeah he did mention he was going to change schools. Are there family planning on taking this to court then? I didn't know things had escalated.

It wont get to court, it will be settled out of court.

Original post by PopaPork

The scholarship money and donations clearly aren't enough.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Seriously? Tell me what a bomb should look like... (Careful you will prob go on MI5'S list)

That looks exactly like a rudimentary bomb to anyone who is yano.. not a bomb maker

Okay...For someone who is so uneducated about what bombs look like, they damn sure were adamant to call it one.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Okay...For someone who is so uneducated about what bombs look like, they damn sure were adamant to call it one.

Yeah thats right, i dont know what molecules make up clouds but i know what they look like

I dont know what components make up an Aeroplane engine but i know what one looks like

What you are doing is called "reaching"

This is what happens when you take a silly position due to your own innate agenda and prejudices
The best kind.

Are you going to tell us why you think someone who takes the circuits out of a manufactured radio, puts it into a pencil case (or whatever it is) and claims to have built his own clock is a genius. Surely he's a fraud?

The professors at MIT want people like Ahmed for a reason. He's shown he has true talent
Yeah thats right, i dont know what molecules make up clouds but i know what they look like

I dont know what components make up an Aeroplane engine but i know what one looks like

What you are doing is called "reaching"

This is what happens when you take a silly position due to your own innate agenda and prejudices

Horrible analogies. People are taught what clouds look like. You'd have to be retarded or blind to not know a cloud. So if you argued with someone over clouds, evaluate your life.

No one is wondering what components are in a plane when they're riding one; the inside mechanics of a plane don't have anything to do with recognising its shape.

People are accusing someone of making something which they don't even know what it looks like. :lol:
Original post by DiddyDec
Yeah it would but I doubt it is about the clock or the money, I am guessing that the pair took the case on to join the band wagon.

It wont get to court, it will be settled out of court.

The scholarship money and donations clearly aren't enough.

What bandwagon?!

Stop being so salty. People must be donating for a reason and why're you upset about him getting a scholarship in the near future?
Horrible analogies. People are taught what clouds look like. You'd have to be retarded or blind to not know a cloud. So if you argued with someone over clouds, evaluate your life.

No one is wondering what components are in a plane when they're riding one; the inside mechanics of a plane don't have anything to do with recognising its shape.

People are accusing someone of making something which they don't even know what it looks like. :lol:

People do know what it looks like. They see these types of bombs in the media and films, tv shows busted terrorist attacks and so on.

They don't however google all the components and learn exactly how it works.

"Oh geoffrey I could have sworn that was a bomb but i just realised it doesnt have a green wire to enable the detonation device. How very silly of me haw haw hawww"

Considering you think it looks like a clock, im wasting my time here. Some very strange clocks in your house
(edited 8 years ago)
The professors at MIT want people like Ahmed for a reason. He's shown he has true talent

He'd be better off going to China. They regularly steal other people's intellectual property and pass it off as their own and may be glad of his guile. He hasn't established any intellectual prowess or skills by doing what he has done.
People do know what it looks like. They see these types of bombs in the media and films, tv shows busted terrorist attacks and so on.

I never said it looks like a clock! I've been emphasising that it looks like scraps the whole time. I did say it's not a bomb. Just googling can have prevented this.

And NOW they know what bombs looks like when this whole time you were excusing their mistake because they don't know what bombs look like since they don't make them?

:hmmm:
Now who's reaching, dear?
People must be donating for a reason

The same reason people hold superstitious beliefs and fall prey to con men: gullibility.
What bandwagon?!

Stop being so salty. People must be donating for a reason and why're you upset about him getting a scholarship in the near future?

The lets help Ahmed bandwagon because it is good publicity bandwagon.

People donate to plenty of unworthy causes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2851213/Darren-Wilson-receive-1-million-funding-supporters-woman-organizing-officer-s-friends-group-says-Michael-Brown-bad-choice-day.html

I don't think he deserve a scholarship for repackaging a clock.
I never said it looks like a clock! I've been emphasising that it looks like scraps the whole time. I did say it's not a bomb. Just googling can have prevented this.

And NOW they know what bombs looks like when this whole time you were excusing their mistake because they don't know what bombs look like since they don't make them?

:hmmm:
Now who's reaching, dear?

You said earlier it looks like a clock, thats what prompted you to go and have another look. (Perhaps I am wrong I will go back and check if I have to)

People know that a bomb is made up of wires and electric cables and some sort of mechanical board that needs a detonation device. They don't know what they are looking for.

You could stick a plant pot in place of something and as long as there is wires and a strange metal briefcasing around it which resembles nothing recognisable, then it looks like a bomb. What else would it be?

Its amazing you are trying to obfusticate over this. Is it not enough that the majority of people including Ahmed lovers have admitted they understood why people thought it was a bomb lol
You said earlier it looks like a clock, thats what prompted you to go and have another look. (Perhaps I am wrong I will go back and check if I have to)

People know that a bomb is made up of wires and electric cables and some sort of mechanical board that needs a detonation device. They don't know what they are looking for.

You could stick a plant pot in place of something and as long as there is wires and a strange metal briefcasing around it which resembles nothing recognisable, then it looks like a bomb. What else would it be?

Its amazing you are trying to obfusticate over this. Is it not enough that the majority of people including Ahmed lovers have admitted they understood why people thought it was a bomb lol

What ever it was kid being wrongly judged has given him ample opportunities like meetng the president and going to a top uni. Worked out great for him

Yes. Go check. Never said it looks like a ****ing clock. I said it looks like a pile of bull****. :indiff:

And whatever. Didn't read the rest. It's all bull****. They don't know what a bomb looks like, according to you, so how could they identify something as a bomb. If I never saw a goat before and swear that a pig is a goat, you'd punch me for my stupidity. So look at your crap before you flush it, because you're making a mess, dear.
Original post by xxvine
What ever it was kid being wrongly judged has given him ample opportunities like meetng the president and going to a top uni. Worked out great for him

No doubt about that, that's white privilege for you

Latest

Trending

Trending