The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hayles101
Anyone in here actually attend games?

Unintentional rek.
Well done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
It's a piss take tbh, Cat A tickets will sell legitimately on the Arsenal website for £90, but for ****ty seats it's more like £50. But it is what the market demands so there isn't much you can argue about when it's a sell out every game (well I guess there is when you compare our prices to other teams and what they get in return compared to us)

Is that why it is then? Just because they can really. As you said though, just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Has it always been like this since the Emirates was built? A case of a new stadium so premium prices? For all the moaning I'm still paying it so I don't really help the argument.. :sigh:

Though you don't have much choice if you want to go.. c'est la vie!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that why it is then? Just because they can really. As you said though, just because they can doesn't mean they should.

Has it always been like this since the Emirates was built? A case of a new stadium so premium prices? For all the moaning I'm still paying it so I don't really help the argument.. :sigh:

Though you don't have much choice if you want to go.. c'est la vie!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would assume Wengs and his economic graduate pals (said half in disgust and half in admiration as a 2nd year econ student myself) have done the analysis and figured out how to maximise prices. For example the Olympiakos game next week hasn't sold out yet but they haven't put it on general sale to make sure people aren't put off paying £40 for red membership just for THE RIGHT to buy tickets to keep that exclusivity and barriers to purchase up. It's absolutely disgraceful tbh, as a student who can only afford to go to 2 or 3 games a season I can't really justify paying £40 on membership just to buy tickets to 2 games (obviously once you have bought your membership there's an incentive to buy more tickets as it means the average price of membership per ticket goes down).
Normally I'd watch a Capital One cup game but seeing as we have an away tie in a NLD tickets have sold well for tonight and not gone on general sale and we'll probably be dumped out tonight too stopping me from being able to see us in future rounds.

I'm not sure but tickets have always be expensive when I've bought them, but over the years I've only been able to watch Cat C/B games due to availability of tickets and the price for them is more around £35-40 range in ok lower tier seats so it's not always very expensive
Yids trying to take the 'biggest bunch of melts' title of Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/AFCOllie/status/646682996091846657
Anyone in here actually attend games? I'm going to the Emirates for the first time next weekend and the ticket (away fans end obvs) cost £64 face value.

Is that normal?! Because it's bloody insane in my book. Horrified when I saw the price.

Our ticket prices are a disgrace and sum up modern football. I'm lucky I'm still 17 so I get reasonably priced tickets for home games. As soon as I get on to an adult membership I doubt I'll attend any games as the Emirates, simply due to the price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Flamini GOAT
Forgot Flamini was still even in the club ffs
Flamini is your joint highest scorer this season.

Joke of a club.
At least we're not the club who can't score more than once against a League Two side at home
Original post by The Shed End
Flamini is your joint highest scorer this season.

Joke of a club.

There's always something ffs init :colonhash: Let Flamini enjoy this!!
Original post by shawn_o1
At least we're not the club who can't score more than once against a League Two side at home

Damn right, don't take that away from us :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

Can we keep posts on topic. let's not start with personal digs.

Anyway Flamini eehhh? :biggrin:
So proud of our fans tonight, defacing White Hart Lane.
Next up, the mighty Owl Hodgsons at Sheffield
They ripped down some signs, about as Ultra as Arsenal fans get tbh
Reply 7535
Really want to see Dan Crowley get some minutes against Sheffield

He's so classy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Really want to see Dan Crowley get some minutes against Sheffield

He's so classy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure he's on loan?
I don't even have the energy to rek you all tonight.

Be grateful, I'm going to sleep :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite worried about Alexis tbh. He's been ****e all season.
Sanchez has been taking as many shots as @Lucio this season and like Luke none have hit the target with any impact. :wink:

Sorry @Lyrical Prodigy I couldn't help myself, I'll behave now.

Really happy for Flam, not many of us have much time for him (myself included) and he hasn't been nearly as bad as Arteta. I wouldn't be upset if it was him and Ramsey starting in the middle on the weekend.

Latest