The Student Room Group

Should I retake or not?

I got 212/300 in Biology OCR AS which is just 2 ums over the B grade boundary. Here is the breakdown of results:

F211 - 63/90 (B)
F212 - 107/150 (B)
F213 - 42/60 (B)

Do you think I should retake a module or just try super hard for my A2s I would like an A but if I don't retake a unit then I have to get 268/300 ums in my A2s which is basically only 2 ums away from what I'd need for an A*! So the margin for an A is two ums...

Do you think I should retake? Or is 268/300 ums achievable? If I should retake what module do you suggest? (btw I cannot retake f213) Thanks.
Retake!

Well, you scored around 70% in both the units you are considering retaking. Which do you think you were less prepared for?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Attercop
Retake!

Well, you scored around 70% in both the units you are considering retaking. Which do you think you were less prepared for?

Well, probably F211 as my teacher was terrible and I basically had to teach myself everything lol.
Retake F212; there's more UMS to gain.
Original post by Ben4
Well, probably F211 as my teacher was terrible and I basically had to teach myself everything lol.

I was in a similar position to you. Start revision now. Make small notecards with an exam question on each one and on the opposite side, write down the perfect answer to the question. Use mark schemes and your notes to help you come up with the best possible answer, incorporating all important key words. This really helped me to boost my Biology A Level grade.
Also, do make your own notes. :smile: The process of reading, comprehending and analysing information will help you to understand and learn.
Reply 5
Original post by EastGuava
Retake F212; there's more UMS to gain.

I was in a similar position to you. Start revision now. Make small notecards with an exam question on each one and on the opposite side, write down the perfect answer to the question. Use mark schemes and your notes to help you come up with the best possible answer, incorporating all important key words. This really helped me to boost my Biology A Level grade.
Also, do make your own notes. :smile: The process of reading, comprehending and analysing information will help you to understand and learn.

Thank you both for the advice! My sixth form are being weird and not even considering me for a retake but I will have to beg them! I will be doing 2 other retakes, do you think 3 AS retakes and 6 A2 exams is okay?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ben4
Thank you both for the advise! My sixth form are being weird and not even considering me for a retake but I will have to beg them! I will be doing 2 other retakes, do you think 3 AS retakes and 6 A2 exams is okay?

It is possible. :smile: I expect you will be sitting them all in June, you will have to organise your time well and prepare for your AS retakes from now on. Keep on top of your A2 work throughout the year.
Reply 7
It is possible. :smile: I expect you will be sitting them all in June, you will have to organise your time well and prepare for your AS retakes from now on. Keep on top of your A2 work throughout the year.

Been told by my sixth form that I cant retake :frown:. Guess Ill have to settle with a B grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Been told by my sixth form that I cant retake :frown:. Guess Ill have to settle with a B grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you resit the exam privately? That might be worth looking into, not sure how it would all work though. Just a suggestion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest