The Student Room Group

Doing Level 2 Btechs

I'm re-taking exams and doing BTECS at sixth form for 1 year and then go on to A-levels.. I start next week monday..

Will people judge me for being stupid or anything I'm worried about what people would say...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SukhpalPawar
I'm re-taking exams and doing BTECS at sixth form for 1 year and then go on to A-levels.. I start next week monday..

Will people judge me for being stupid or anything I'm worried about what people would say...

I can't speak for the opinions of everyone, but they should have no legitimate reason for thinking that you are "being stupid". There are many reasons for why someone would want to re-take exams or do BTECs; it's not necessarily a bad thing.

You're doing it to progress yourself as a person. Everything else is irrelevant.
I did the same, I actually failed English and maths too. I was always good at English but failed a lot of my exams due to personal issues. After a whole year, I've passed English and achieved a B, predicted an A however but grade boundaries went soaring and now I'm doing English literature, English language and Media level 3 at A Levels. I'm retaking maths but my school was awful at maths and many people failed. Honest to god, one year makes no difference at all. It went fast for me and no one will judge you because we all fail at one point in our lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhythmical
I did the same, I actually failed English and maths too. I was always good at English but failed a lot of my exams due to personal issues. After a whole year, I've passed English and achieved a B, predicted an A however but grade boundaries went soaring and now I'm doing English literature, English language and Media level 3 at A Levels. I'm retaking maths but my school was awful at maths and many people failed. Honest to god, one year makes no difference at all. It went fast for me and no one will judge you because we all fail at one point in our lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am quite the same as you tbh. I failed my maths and English even though I'm good at English but I had some personal issues. I'm just asking did you pass your Maths in the end. Cos I'm retaking Maths again this year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeeiqbal
I am quite the same as you tbh. I failed my maths and English even though I'm good at English but I had some personal issues. I'm just asking did you pass your Maths in the end. Cos I'm retaking Maths again this year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't but I can still retake but I'm doing amazing A Levels and worked so hard so nothing is impossible. Retakes make no difference to me, English was more important to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing my A levels right now and I need my Maths so I'm having to retake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing my A levels right now and I need my Maths so I'm having to retake.

That's good what are your aspirations and what A Levels are you taking?
Original post by Rhythmical
That's good what are your aspirations and what A Levels are you taking?

I really want to become a primary school teacher hopefully one day. If not I'd look into becoming a social worker. I am currently studying Retail which is the same as Business, ICT and Applied Science. What are your aspirations and what A levels are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really want to become a primary school teacher hopefully one day. If not I'd look into becoming a social worker. I am currently studying Retail which is the same as Business, ICT and Applied Science. What are your aspirations and what A levels are you studying

Aww that's great, don't let anything set you back and English Language, English Literature and Media Level 3 OCR. I want to be a screenwriter and go to Queen Mary University of London ideally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending