The Student Room Group

Can you retake A2 exams in 2017 (from 2008 spec)?

Say you started year 12 in 2014, did your AS exams in 2015 and are now in year 13, about to do your A2 exams in 2016. If you flunked a few A2 exams, will you be able to retake them in the summer of 2017? Surely they would allow us one more sitting seeing as it would be unfair to us if they didn't.
Decision for that apparently has not been made

Don't quote me tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angelcake123
Decision for that apparently has not been made

Don't quote me tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

So they haven't made a concrete decision yet, but they are still considering it, basically?
Original post by alishakarji
So they haven't made a concrete decision yet, but they are still considering it, basically?

Yeah pretty much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Say you started year 12 in 2014, did your AS exams in 2015 and are now in year 13, about to do your A2 exams in 2016. If you flunked a few A2 exams, will you be able to retake them in the summer of 2017? Surely they would allow us one more sitting seeing as it would be unfair to us if they didn't.

I am afraid June 2016 will be the last sitting for some of the 208 specification, such as:

English
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
History etc

For some of the 2008 specs (maths, further maths, geography). there final exams will be in 2017 and 2018.

Hope this is helpful,

Pokemon
Nope not true, I emailed edexcel and they said there will he one last sitting in 2017 for the current A2 spec. Thanks though
Nope not true, I emailed edexcel and they said there will he one last sitting in 2017 for the current A2 spec. Thanks though

did they say there would be an opportunity or that they expected there would be.
As for as I know Ofqual have not yet announced their decision.
Reply 7
Good news for current year 13 students

Resits in AS and A level qualifications
For AS and A levels we proposed that:
Students taking AS and A levels in the last scheduled sitting should have the
opportunity to resit these qualifications after the final scheduled award,
regardless of the subject and exam board.

Resit opportunities in AS and A level subjects where new qualifications were
introduced in September 2015 will be available in the legacy qualifications in
May/June 2017. AS and A2 units for these qualifications will be available to all
students in the normal way in May/June 2016.

Resits will take place in May or June.
Students will be able to resit any AS or A2 units (including controlled
assessment units).
Only those students who have taken the qualification previously, or who had
good reason not to have taken it when planned (such as illness) can take a resit

hey im new on here and im doing my AS bio chem maths exams next month need some advice head over to the thread I started
AS Exams 2016
Im literally so relieved, my teachers have all said that we can't retake but after looking it up.....WE CAN. Such a relief

Quick Reply

Latest