Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abdulmilad
help from any law applicants!

I want to apply for law and wanted your opinion on my chances.

gcse: 3A* 6A
A-LEVEL: A*AA

Heya! I'm currently at Durham studying law. Feel free to message me! :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by teenyheaney
GCSE
A*A*A*AAAAAAAA

AS (bold are going to A2)
English Lit A
Drama A
Maths A
Further Maths B (self-taught)
Classical Civilisation C (everyone in my class under-performed, it seems)

I'll be applying to do English, and although I'm a little worried about Drama having a 'rep' as a softie, I'm hoping my tutor will play the "97% UMS in English" card somewhere in my reference :wink:

I wouldn't worry about drama. It ties in well with your course and Durham is renowned for student theatre. You have a good chance with 97% UMS in English! Entry is A*AA, so you'll probably have this as a prediction. :smile:
GCSE: 11A*s
AS: 4As in bio, chem, maths, geo
Want to apply for natural sciences or biological science!
How much weighting is given to personal statement in your application? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE: 2A*s, 7As, 2Bs
AS Levels: Maths A- 100, 97, 95 UMS
Further Maths A- 97, 82, 68 UMS (I'm not that great at M2, I might retake)
Politics B- 85, 62 UMS (Retaking the 62)
Physics B- 69, 120, 42 UMS (Dropping this)
Want to apply to do Maths but its A*,A,A. What do you think the chances are? I feel like my personal statements strong.
GCSE: 11A*
AS: AAAAA (French, chemistry, economics, computing, general studies)
Continuing with French, economics and chemistry (and general studies) with prediction of A*A*A*A*
Already got 2A*s in maths and further maths.
Applying to Collingwood for maths and economics within natural sciences, anyone else applying to Collingwood or for same subject? X
(edited 8 years ago)
hopeful economics applicant!

GCSE: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAA
AS: AAAB in maths, economics, french, gov pol (respectively)

:smile:
Reply 246
Last year I had mitigating circumstances from around three weeks before my AS-levels and through my exams. I had to look after a close family member in hospital, which seems like an obvious negative effect on my results.However I reported my results to the exam board but nothing seemed to have happened.I got AABC which I know isn't that competitive for law at Durham but I wasn't sure about their mitigating curcumstances!So could anyone tell me if I'd still be a competitive candidate with these grades and how Durham look at mitigating circumstances?
I'm so freaking nervous about applying to Durham. It's insane.
I got A*A*AAAAABBBBBC at GCSE
and AAAB at AS (History, Maths, English Lit and EPQ)
I'm predicted A*AA this year....
I'm struggling to write a strong PS and I'm also considering taking up an extra AS... Although I'm certainly running out of time to decide!
I want to apply for History for definite
Reply 248
hi everyone! im thinking of applying to josephine butler but does anyone know what the social life is meant to be like? especially seeing as its outside of the city centre?
Hey guys as I'm a fellow hopeful I don't know the answer to some of your questions but this other thread may help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=458032

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems like everybody is super academic here... I feel as if I don't have any chances to get in!

GCSE: 7A*s 2As 2Bs

AS:
EPQ-A*
French-B
Biology-B
Maths-B
Psychology-A
Chemistry-C (lol bless my soul)

I guess I've slipped because I overestimated myself, thinking I could do 5 AS which obviously wasn't the right decision :frown:

Those in bold are the ones I'm continuing to A2, I'm intending to apply for Psychology (C800) and to Hatfield/University/Jo Butler! Anyone doing the same course and can anyone tell me more about the colleges? :smile:

Do pm me/ fb me :biggrin:
Subject: LAW
GCSEs: international student :tongue:
A-levels:
English Lang+Lit
Maths
Law
Govt.+Politics
EPQ
Hoping to apply for biological sciences or biochemistry!

10 A*s 2A's at GCSE
4 A's at AS In biology, chemistry , maths and economics

Predictions are A* A* A

Hopefully will get an offer based on these, fingers crossed!

Any suggested colleges? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
GCSEs 6A*s 5As 2Bs
AS levels
Econ - A
Bio - A
Maths - A
History - C
Predicted A*(econ)AA
Also doing epq
Applying for economics, bit worried about the C but this is my aspirational choice anyway so its alright :smile:
Anyone else doing languages?

GCSE 5A* 6A
AS AAAB
Predictions A*AA
Biomedical science anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I seem to be the only one doing IB aha, if you have 666 higher level and 40 points and someone else has 766 higher level and still 40 points, does this mean that they have a better chance of acceptance?
Anyone else applying for Law?
How is mathematics in durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Original post by bloxhamcj
I seem to be the only one doing IB aha, if you have 666 higher level and 40 points and someone else has 766 higher level and still 40 points, does this mean that they have a better chance of acceptance?
Anyone else applying for Law?

I'm doing IB too! Applying for History though not Law. I think if depends on what the 7 is probably (if it's the subject they're applying for that would probably give them an edge), but I'm really not sure.
What are your subjects? I'm doing HL English, History and Philosophy and SL French, Maths Studies and Enviro.
Reply 259
Hey guys, I am going to apply to Durham for Politics and the college i really want it John Snow, it's perfect for me! however, when i try to input it on UCAS, John snow or Stephenson aren't options. What do i do?

Quick Reply

Latest