The Student Room Group

CAREERS - please help!!!!!

Hi
Basically I chose biology chemistry sociology and business as my AS A LEVEL options. I just changed chemistry today as I found it really difficult and was struggling with it.
So instead I now have biology sociology business and chose pyschology instead of continuing with chemistry.
I was wondering what careers and jobs my subjects could lead me to?
Reply 1
Original post by Z7869
Hi
Basically I chose biology chemistry sociology and business as my AS A LEVEL options. I just changed chemistry today as I found it really difficult and was struggling with it.
So instead I now have biology sociology business and chose pyschology instead of continuing with chemistry.
I was wondering what careers and jobs my subjects could lead me to?

Psychology and Biology can definitely lead you to a career in medicine, experimental psychology, ecology, forensic science, human biology, animal biology, zoology and basically and further science career. However, in order to go into these careers they usually recommend you to take another natural science subject such as chemistry, physics and biology.

In terms of your other subject options, including sociology and business, this would allow you to go into the more human sciences based careers.

Overall, you have a very good subject combination and would open many career opportunities.

Disclaimer- I'm not an expert so please don't quote me on this. I'm just trying to help and sharing what I think! Good luck with your studies :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Just quickly wanted to ask, what careers are you considering. I may help you if you tell me so that I can advise you on your subjects :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cheryne
Just quickly wanted to ask, what careers are you considering. I may help you if you tell me so that I can advise you on your subjects :smile:

Thankyou so much!
and I was considering medicine at first always wanted to become a pharmacist since I was in year 9 but I have to leave chemistry as its way too hard for me to cope. So now I'm studying psychology business sociology and biology. I have no idea which career I would want to go into now😫
Reply 4
Original post by Z7869
Thankyou so much!
and I was considering medicine at first always wanted to become a pharmacist since I was in year 9 but I have to leave chemistry as its way too hard for me to cope. So now I'm studying psychology business sociology and biology. I have no idea which career I would want to go into now😫

Yes unfortunately, medicine pharmacology, psychology etc. do require you to take chemistry and you can choose from either biology/physics and you have to do maths.

Why not try majoring in experimental psychology??

BIOLOGY--> Agriculture, Animal Behaviour, Biochemistry, Biology, Biosciences, Biotechnology, Dentistry, Dietetics, Ecology, Environmental Science, Genetics, Horticulture, Marine Biology, Medicine, Midwifery, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Wildlife Conservation

BUSINESS STUDIES--> Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Business Studies, Economics, Financial Services, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Retail Management

PSYCHOLOGY--> Applied Psychology, Criminology, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Sports Psychology, Youth and Community Work

SOCIOLOGY--> Anthropology, Sociology, International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy, Social Science
Reply 5
Original post by cheryne
Yes unfortunately, medicine pharmacology, psychology etc. do require you to take chemistry and you can choose from either biology/physics and you have to do maths.

Why not try majoring in experimental psychology??

BIOLOGY--> Agriculture, Animal Behaviour, Biochemistry, Biology, Biosciences, Biotechnology, Dentistry, Dietetics, Ecology, Environmental Science, Genetics, Horticulture, Marine Biology, Medicine, Midwifery, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Sports Science, Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Wildlife Conservation

BUSINESS STUDIES--> Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Business Management, Business Studies, Economics, Financial Services, Human Resource Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Retail Management

PSYCHOLOGY--> Applied Psychology, Criminology, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Sports Psychology, Youth and Community Work

SOCIOLOGY--> Anthropology, Sociology, International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy, Social Science

Yes I think I just need time into considering what I want to do as I still haven't studied the subject yet. But Thankyou so much youv been a great help! Il definitely look into some of the careers you have listed above.
Reply 6
Original post by Z7869
Yes I think I just need time into considering what I want to do as I still haven't studied the subject yet. But Thankyou so much youv been a great help! Il definitely look into some of the careers you have listed above.

No problem!! Good luck with everything!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending