The Student Room Group

Is it ever a good idea to contact an ex?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GingerJoe
Is it fair to say you still have strong feelings for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any progress with your situation?
No, still undecided if I should break the silence.
Something is just not right. Everyone is shocked, I'm wondering if something has happened that's she doesn't want to tell me.
Normally avoid and try to make them jealous if we're in the same space, but I recently had the same guy, who I've known for now a year, pop up twice every couple of months! :nooo: 1st time was in January after almost vowing to never speak again. 2nd time was like a week ago after vowing never to speak again :mmm: But he wasn't really my boyfriend in the beginning. More of my boo. It was virtual but if it were irl we'd probably have a kid by now because that sexual tension :h: Still those emotional struggles, though. :frown: I'd advise against it because unrequited love sucks.
Something is just not right. Everyone is shocked, I'm wondering if something has happened that's she doesn't want to tell me.

Everyone is shocked because you want to make contact?
No everyone is shocked because everyone thought we were a great, solid couple who were in love with each other. No one saw a break up coming, especially from her side.
Original post by Sweet n Sour
Normally avoid and try to make them jealous if we're in the same space, but I recently had the same guy, who I've known for now a year, pop up twice every couple of months! :nooo: 1st time was in January after almost vowing to never speak again. 2nd time was like a week ago after vowing never to speak again :mmm: But he wasn't really my boyfriend in the beginning. More of my boo. It was virtual but if it were irl we'd probably have a kid by now because that sexual tension :h: Still those emotional struggles, though. :frown: I'd advise against it because unrequited love sucks.

Lol why didn't you ever approach him?
No everyone is shocked because everyone thought we were a great, solid couple who were in love with each other. No one saw a break up coming, especially from her side.

Ahh I see. That's how it goes sometimes unfortunately. Have you tried dating anyone else?
In 4 weeks since the break up? No :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
In 4 weeks since the break up? No :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol each to their own. I'm on the same page as you :smile:
It literally depends on the way you guys broke up. Personally, I think you can be friends with an ex provided you haven't had a messy break up or you don't talk to them/ message them as frequent as you would by keeping it platonic. I mean just because you guys can't be together and dating, doesn't mean that you don't appreciate the other person and their personality. That is, if you're the sort of person who doesn't catch feelings easily otherwise I'd stay clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really been in the mood to date after 2.5 years came crashing down. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not really been in the mood to date after 2.5 years came crashing down. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's how I've felt these last few months
Original post by TheGreatImposter
It literally depends on the way you guys broke up. Personally, I think you can be friends with an ex provided you haven't had a messy break up or you don't talk to them/ message them as frequent as you would by keeping it platonic. I mean just because you guys can't be together and dating, doesn't mean that you don't appreciate the other person and their personality. That is, if you're the sort of person who doesn't catch feelings easily otherwise I'd stay clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our break up wasn't messy as such. Took forever for it to sink in though. We've spoken a few times over the last month or so, half the time he has initiated which is good. If he wasn't responsive I wouldn't have bothered to contact him again. I don't catch feelings easily at all. Although I will admit to still having feelings for him, it isn't a deep as a few months ago. I haven't been getting my hopes up, it would be nice for us to continue talking regularly.
It would only be fair to date someone when I've fallen out of love with my ex, if that day comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would only be fair to date someone when I've fallen out of love with my ex, if that day comes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Baggage isn't cool at all.
Just amazing hard. Someone I spoke to everyday for 2.5 years and now nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just amazing hard. Someone I spoke to everyday for 2.5 years and now nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hear you. It does get better! This has happened to me a handful of times in my life.
Just feel s***, so low, unproductive, lonely. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just feel s***, so low, unproductive, lonely. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chin up Joe. I hope you are keeping yourself busy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending