The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You know **** gets real when the names are dropped:biggrin:.
Reply 441
Coming from the most ignored poster of the forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Finish your gcse's first.

Karma's a bitch.
Original post by AR_95
Coming from the most ignored poster or the forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just got rekt^
Nice English there mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Coming from the most ignored poster of the forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought that'd be Isambard tbh.
Reply 445
Missed the game :frown:

Least we won!
Original post by jam277
Sturridge already back on that goal a game time.

Hopefully he stays fit because that's the only hope you have of making top 4 this season.

They'll be nowhere near with or without him. Unless you're suggesting they can depose Chelsea? We need you guys to keep our coefficient up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sturridge's first goal was absolutely incredible.
Original post by czechlad
Sturridge's first goal was absolutely incredible.

I remember Milan Baros' goal against Manchester city. THAT was absolutely incredible.
Reply 449
Always liked Baros' goal against Newcastle at Anfield. Proper strikers goal. Rounded the keeper and the lot.
[video="youtube;X3B1LYvItZk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3B1LYvItZk[/video]

The first goal :awesome:
Benteke's goal against us was as good as any of those but it'll never get mentioned due to the context

If he'd won the game with that goal it would have been replayed over and over again like Rooney's one was.
Original post by sr90
Benteke's goal against us was as good as any of those but it'll never get mentioned due to the context

If he'd won the game with that goal it would have been replayed over and over again like Rooney's one was.

Agree.
Benteke's was a goal of the season contender but I'm sure you'll end up hearing more about Martial's.

Context is everything though; look at some of Gerrard's most famous goals - the biggest two were absolutely crucial in deciding the result of the match.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hurrrr I'm sure Milan Baros, Berger and Vladimir Smicer had their unforgettable moments but no one comes close to Luis Suarez.

Behold!

[video="youtube;k-aBrm4Nvi8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-aBrm4Nvi8[/video]
Torres's goal vs Blackburn was just:coma:
Deserved more credit.
I bought Gerrard's autobiography today.
Reply 456
Original post by sr90
I bought Gerrard's autobiography today.

Lets be real is that because hes an interesting read or just spouts the most utter ****e

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 457
Our PPG with and without Sturridge is staggering.

With him, we're comfortable top 4 and even might push a title winning points per game.

Without him we're 6th or 7th in the league. It's a shame his legs are made of wet cardboard
Original post by kuks
Our PPG with and without Sturridge is staggering.

With him, we're comfortable top 4 and even might push a title winning points per game.

Without him we're 6th or 7th in the league. It's a shame his legs are made of wet cardboard

We've known this for a while though.
Sturridge is potentially a world class striker, but he cannot be relied on when this injury prone.
Yes we may have the ability to challenge for top 4 with him but the notion that he'd remain free from injury all season is unlikely.

I had hoped that Benteke would fill the void nicely but it's clear Rodgers did not prepare sufficiently for him. He has a future at this club and could be devastating if used correctly but I can't see Rodgers doing it.

Overall we have several excellent players but when you compare our squad to last season's top 4 teams, we're nowhere close. We may have aspirations and we may challenge for a while but I can't see us making it consistently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 459
Daily Fail reporting that if Klopp joins then he wants the transfer committee gone.

If you're a smaller/mid-level club, I actually understand the idea of having a Director of Football/Transfer Committee in place. Take Swansea for example, they've had a string of decent manager so in the last 7 years they have had 5 different managers (Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup, Monk). Then you have an issue of each new manager wanting a certain direction but then being sacked, leaving or being poached by a bigger club. At least with a DoF/TC, you get some consistency in the recruitment policy.

The task at Liverpool is a little more difficult and the manager is the one who takes the blame for any failure. At this level, if the manager isn't able to chose his players, he's either going to struggle to implement his vision or not going to have faith in players he doesn't want. Since 1991 when Dalglish resigned, we've pretty much sacked every manager other than Roy Evans. It's only 6 managers in that period (Souness, Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers) but we tend not to lose managers to other big clubs.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/27/liverpool-aston-villa-premier-league-match-report

“I think I have shown in the early stages of my management without being arrogant that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end of the league. I know how to manage top players. If you give me the tools, I’ll do the work.” The inference, for the majority of the Liverpool side who were at Anfield during last season’s slump to sixth place, was damning, but Rodgers has a capacity to produce inadvertently revealing comments.

You would think Rodgers would be careful about firing shots at FSG since he pretty much only seems to have their backing..
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest