The Student Room Group

Examiner missed out a question!!!!!!

I'm really annoyed right now, I received my economics script back and i noticed in one of the questions i got 0/6. I looked at it and i knew this question was probably not marked properly. I forwarded the script to my economics teacher, and she said yes this question was not marked, as it didn't have 'seen' next to it. What do i do this question could potentially change my grade
HELP PLEASE!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Yousf
I'm really annoyed right now, I received my economics script back and i noticed in one of the questions i got 0/6. I looked at it and i knew this question was probably not marked properly. I forwarded the script to my economics teacher, and she said yes this question was not marked, as it didn't have 'seen' next to it. What do i do this question could potentially change my grade
HELP PLEASE!

Get your paper remarked, I'm sure you teachers can tell you what to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Aty100
Get your paper remarked, I'm sure you teachers can tell you what to do.

The deadline has passed?
Reply 3
The deadline for remarked has passed but if you request the script alone you received it after the deadline either way. I requested it only 2 weeks after results day. Must be something else that can be done?
Original post by Yousf
HELP PLEASE!

You shouldn't have requested the script back, but requested for a remark directly. I think you can report this to Ofqual though
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
You shouldn't have requested the script back, but requested for a remark directly. I think you can report this to Ofqual though

Well what would be the point if you wanted to see if it was worth remarking?

You should request a photocopy and then remark, unless you're sure it was wrong.

Exam boards should send scripts back asap, so that people can remark when errors are seen.
There's definetly something that can be done when they didn't even mark your paper correctly lol. You should contact your school's examiner officer and they will definetly be able to resolve the issue for you.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well what would be the point if you wanted to see if it was worth remarking?

You should request a photocopy and then remark, unless you're sure it was wrong.

Exam boards should send scripts back asap, so that people can remark when errors are seen.

That's why they have set a deadline for it so that you won't have enough time to request it for a remark. The worst case scenario would be that you will have to pay a certain amount of money if your paper was marked correctly rather than being awarded a lower grade which might put you in a bad situation when applying to universities.
Reply 8
Original post by Yousf
HELP PLEASE!

i got 0/6 aswell
It also didnt say seen but it said NAQ
You sure it didnt say NAQ
Reply 9
Original post by MUTTA
i got 0/6 aswell
It also didnt say seen but it said NAQ
You sure it didnt say NAQ

nothing
Reply 10
Original post by Yousf
nothing

do you know what TV stands for
All over my paper
Original post by MUTTA
do you know what TV stands for
All over my paper

TV=Too vague.
Original post by Yousf
HELP PLEASE!

I'm afraid it's now too late. You could have ordered a priority script, and you could have ordered a re-mark but as you didn't there is nothing you can now do.
Reply 13
Original post by Compost
I'm afraid it's now too late. You could have ordered a priority script, and you could have ordered a re-mark but as you didn't there is nothing you can now do.

what a joke
Original post by Yousf
what a joke

II know it seems harsh now, but it is really clear that those are the rules and your school should have made it really clear to you.
Original post by Compost
II know it seems harsh now, but it is really clear that those are the rules and your school should have made it really clear to you.

No, it's a stupid rule

You get a script back, you look at with teachers, you ask for a remark.

That's logical

The deadlines/amount of delay is the exam boards fault
Original post by Yousf
what a joke

No, it's a stupid rule

That's logical

That's the reason the original poster should report this to Ofqual. You cannot complaint against the exam board to the exam board.
Original post by Yousf
HELP PLEASE!

You could contact them about this issue and see what they have got to say. If they refused to resolve it then contact the Ofqual

http://www.ocr.org.uk/contact-us/complaints-policy/
No, it's a stupid rule

That's logical

The OP needed to go for a priority access to [photocopy of] script - this has to be done within a week of results. It sounds as if this was not done.
Original post by Muttley79
The OP needed to go for a priority access to [photocopy of] script - this has to be done within a week of results. It sounds as if this was not done.

But why should you need to get a priority script, I think it's a silly system.

If you are in A2 then yeah, go priority.

If at AS, there's no rush, if he ordered it 3 days before the deadline, they should send the paper back next day (first class post) and he could have had it remarked right before

It's unfair if it's delivered after deadline when it was requested for well before

It's just a money making scheme and not justified imo

Latest