Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone :smile:

My subject: Law
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A
AS-levels: AAAA in English Literature, French, Religious Studies, and Fine Art (dropped art at A2 btw)

I applied for University College, but I won't be surprised if I'm not allocated there (if I get an offer at all, that is) because it's so popular. I liked Chad's though :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 281
I'm applying for education and sociology
GCSE: 5xA*4xA
AS-Levels: 2xA 2xB
Predictions: AAA

And I wanted to apply for university college but this thread has kinda put me off because I didn't realise it was so oversubscribed... perhaps if nobody applies because of the oversubscribing it won't be anymore lmao
Reply 282
Original post by connieiscrazy
Hello everyone :smile:

My subject: Law
GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A
AS-levels: AAAA in English Literature, French, Religious Studies, and Fine Art (dropped art at A2 btw)

I applied for University College, but I won't be surprised if I'm not allocated there (if I get an offer at all, that is) because it's so popular. I liked Chad's though :smile:

Your grades are insane! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
Original post by ajs4815
Your grades are insane! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:

Thanks, but I have a feeling my LNAT won't be so great :/
Reply 284
Original post by connieiscrazy
Thanks, but I have a feeling my LNAT won't be so great :/

Hey you don't know that im sure it will be fine as long as you prepare for it properly :h:
Original post by SosbanFach
Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Exeter :smile: How about you? And which college do you reckon you'll go for?

Oxford (unrealistic I know, but I may as well try), Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham :smile: I've gone for st hild and st bede, how about you?
Hello everyone!

My subject: English Literature
GCSE: 7A* 3A
AS: AAAA in English Literature, Art, Drama, Film
Predicted: A*A*A* (Dropped Film)

I'm applying to Josephine Butler :smile:
Reply 287
It's unpredictable whether you get into Castle as it is so popular. But then again other colleges such as Chads, Hatfield etc are popular too. I'd go for it, you never know your luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone -

I got 17 A*s at GCSE, 4 As with a 98.7% average at AS and an A* in Further Maths. I'm not sure I'm going to get in for PE. What do you think?

Thanks -

Riley.
Original post by cakeislife
Oxford (unrealistic I know, but I may as well try), Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham :smile: I've gone for st hild and st bede, how about you?

Not really unrealistic, you've got good GCSEs and excellent AS :yep: I'm thinking I'll go for Cuths, I quite like the Parson's field site.
Applying to St Johns for Combined Hons in Social Sciences :smile:
Predicted 41 Points at IB with 776 HL, applying for International Relations :smile:
Reply 292
Original post by alechaymaria
Predicted 41 Points at IB with 776 HL, applying for International Relations :smile:

Damn those predictions are incredible!! What are your HLs??
Original post by afern
Damn those predictions are incredible!! What are your HLs??

English, Economics and History
3A* 5A 1B 2C

AS: A (99%) A(95%) BB
Predicted: A*A*AA

Applying to do combined social sciences, everywhere else I'm applying for history. Does anyone have more info on combined or the extension of PS for explanation?
Original post by Sparster
Anyone go to the Durham Open day on Saturday? Found it decent, a lot of walking though. I am applying for Geography at Hatfield.

GCSEs - 7 A*s 3 As

AS Levels - AAAA 92.3% average.

Stayed at St Chad's overnight for the open day though and the cathedral bell was sooo loud. Noty to staying there again.

I stayed at St Chads too and I loved it!! No working showers though?? Weird
Original post by patronus7
I stayed at St Chads too and I loved it!! No working showers though?? Weird

uh my shower worked? Walls were incredibly thin though. This guy in the room next to me was playing bloody Subway Surfer or something (LOL) with the sound effects on like full volume till quite late. Almost wanted to knock on his door and tell him to shut up :wink:
Original post by Sparster
uh my shower worked? Walls were incredibly thin though. This guy in the room next to me was playing bloody Subway Surfer or something (LOL) with the sound effects on like full volume till quite late. Almost wanted to knock on his door and tell him to shut up :wink:

There weren't any on my floor!! Yeah I know - I could hear people turning on the sink from two rooms away ugh. My room was so cool though it was right on the curved part looking out onto the street and the cathedral!!
Applying for Chemistry (St John's) 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patronus7
There weren't any on my floor!! Yeah I know - I could hear people turning on the sink from two rooms away ugh. My room was so cool though it was right on the curved part looking out onto the street and the cathedral!!

DUDE. inb4 you were next to me. I was looking out onto the cathedral and road too lol. Which floor are we talking here?

Quick Reply

Latest