The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bloom77
Submitted my application internally :0
Wish me luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well prepared! Good luck xx
Just wanted to ask whether people who submit their applications way before the deadline are they favoured over those who submit it just before the deadline?
Original post by spiritless98
Just wanted to ask whether people who submit their applications way before the deadline are they favoured over those who submit it just before the deadline?

No :smile:
All are looked at the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
No :smile:
All are looked at the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still waiting for my DBS check so I can go on a 3 day care home placement before my deadline 😣😣
Still waiting for my DBS check so I can go on a 3 day care home placement before my deadline 😣😣

Aww nw
Why don't u say that: I have planned to go on a care home placement which will hope to teach me about...

I've seen these in other personal statements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Aww nw
Why don't u say that: I have planned to go on a care home placement which will hope to teach me about...

I've seen these in other personal statements

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll do that for now! And if I get my DBS check done before I'll amend it :smile:
I think I'll do that for now! And if I get my DBS check done before I'll amend it :smile:

Cool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Submitted my application internally :0
Wish me luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does that you mean you have submitted it to get a reference or have you sent it off?

I've sent mine off to get a reference.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 1lastchance
Does that you mean you have submitted it to get a reference or have you sent it off?

I've sent mine off to get a reference.

Yeah
Our internal school deadline is tomorrow
So the teachers have said to give our application to them so they can put the reference on.
Then, later I'd have to pay and really submit it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neostigmine
Then the UCAS website is wrong. Unless my interview was a lie and all the interview dates I have worked at the university were also lies :O :colondollar:

UCAS is 100% mistaken.

Is that a new thing then? Because when I applied in 2011 there were no interviews.
Original post by 1lastchance
Is that a new thing then? Because when I applied in 2011 there were no interviews.

Yes there were. I was there. My interview was 2009/10 when I applied.

I think you're mistaking BM6 for BM5. The interviews for BM5 didn't start until those applying in 2013/14 whereas BM6 has ALWAYS been interviewed.

This is the thread for BM6 - The widening access 6 year medicine course. NOT the 5 year standard medicine course.
I'm a gap year student with achieved BBC at a2 and I'm applying here!! So excited but I literally have 6 days to revise for ukcat! I'm soooooooo screwed😭😭 any advice?
Original post by Aceventura7422
I'm a gap year student with achieved BBC at a2 and I'm applying here!! So excited but I literally have 6 days to revise for ukcat! I'm soooooooo screwed😭😭 any advice?

Good luck :smile:
Same here
I have a feeling I'm gonna do really bad
Mines this Thursday
I'm freaking out
I'm really bad at VR and DA :0

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neostigmine
Yes there were. I was there. My interview was 2009/10 when I applied.

I think you're mistaking BM6 for BM5. The interviews for BM5 didn't start until those applying in 2013/14 whereas BM6 has ALWAYS been interviewed.

This is the thread for BM6 - The widening access 6 year medicine course. NOT the 5 year standard medicine course.

I know this thread is for BM6. I was referring to BM5 as far as the interviews which started in 2013/14 went.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bloom77
I just realised there was a St. Andrews foundation course!
Am I eligible for that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry my question isnt related to what im quoting but previously I saw that you said your post code is not eligible in the Nottingham post code tool thingy

Where do I access this tool to see if my area is eligible?

Thanks
My stats: A*BBBBBCCCCC at GCSE (Does Southampton consider resits of GCSE? As i got a C in Eng Lang and retook nd got an A)
AS: AAAAB - chem, bio, psych, geog, finance respectively
Predicted: Probs A*AA / A*A*A (dropped geog and finance)
UKCAT: 622.5 Avg

Do you think that I have a chance of an Interview? My GCSE's are my biggest downfall.
Original post by qwerty123A
My stats: A*BBBBBCCCCC at GCSE (Does Southampton consider resits of GCSE? As i got a C in Eng Lang and retook nd got an A)
AS: AAAAB - chem, bio, psych, geog, finance respectively
Predicted: Probs A*AA / A*A*A (dropped geog and finance)
UKCAT: 622.5 Avg

Do you think that I have a chance of an Interview? My GCSE's are my biggest downfall.

Southampton doesn't consider GCSE retakes...
But your GCSEs are fine my GCSEs are very similar too I got a C in eng Lang and when I was in year 12 I emailed Southampton about retakes
For GCSE
They said they only consider what u got in the first sitting.. So unfortunately your 'A' resist doesn't count towards it
But as long as you meet minimum requirements you should be fine..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Southampton doesn't consider GCSE retakes...
But your GCSEs are fine my GCSEs are very similar too I got a C in eng Lang and when I was in year 12 I emailed Southampton about retakes
For GCSE
They said they only consider what u got in the first sitting.. So unfortunately your 'A' resist doesn't count towards it
But as long as you meet minimum requirements you should be fine..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi thanks for your help, are you applying to Nottingham foundation course also?
Hi thanks for your help, are you applying to Nottingham foundation course also?

Yes I'm applying too Nottingham too..
Also for Nottingham be aware that if you r GCSE or a levels meet the requirements for the standard course then you won't be considered- unless you come from a school that has low academic achievement
And have you checked the postcode criteria? That's a must for Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, sorry my question isnt related to what im quoting but previously I saw that you said your post code is not eligible in the Nottingham post code tool thingy

Where do I access this tool to see if my area is eligible?

Thanks

You would have to call them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending